• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hypnoticshadow

Questions about disciplines

Posted (edited)

I have some  questions about disciplines:

. fashion statement: the 25 is a malus or a bonus to stealth is not clear because the 25 seems to have a minus in front but makes no sense if is a minus

Pound of flesh: thebonus to damage is passive and that's ok, but can you put the passive in the stealth tray?

Edited by Hypnoticshadow

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Hypnoticshadow said:

I have some  questions about disciplines:

. fashion statement: the 25 is a malus or a bonus to stealth is not clear because the 25 seems to have a minus in front but makes no sense if is a minus

Pound of flesh: thebonus to damage is passive and that's ok, but can you put the passive in the stealth tray?

Fashion statement is a negative to stealth to offset the bonus from equipping more necklaces. The thematic expression is that you're more flashy, and thus less stealthy. Originally this disc granted +2 neck slots, and unofficially it was known as "the Mr. T discipline" for the legend that inspired its creation. A man who was much more interested in calling attention to himself and pitying fools. It was nerfed to +1 because +2 neck slots was too powerful.

In short, yes it makes sense. you take a penalty to stealth for a bonus to other stats. This makes it a difficult choice to take for stealth based builds, but keep in mind the stealth stat is only ever calculated as an opposition to perception abilities. Having less stealth doesn't matter unless someone is using a stealth detection ability, in which case a combination of their perception stat and your stealth stat determine the range at which you can be successfully seen with such abilities.

I haven't tried it but you can easily test if pound of flesh slots in the stealth tray. It is important to note, however, that the way passives work your damage and other effects are calculated based upon your current state and not the state of your character when an effect was applied. For instance, if you equip a damage bonus in your stealth tray that damage bonus will only effect the initial damage dealt from stealth but not any additional damage, like a DoT dealth as a result as every tick of that DoT is based upon your current state, which in this case would be unstealthed.

You can observe this effect by testing brigand traps most easily. Equip damage bonuses in your melee tray and none in your ranged tray, hit a target with a trap, and watch the damage ticks drop if you swap to ranged while the dot is still running. This is also why taking a damage minor and only using it for the stealth tray is usually a bad idea, as you are sacrificing a minor slot to effect the damage bonus of a very small number of the overall sources of damage you would need to kill a target.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

32 minutes ago, Pathfinder05 said:

I have major Disciplines in my Slot,  Can I replace them, with another one in my bag?🙋‍♂️

Not sure if I am answering your question right, but you may just need to unequip or "drag off" the discipline first. Then it should leave an empty slot to drag the new one in..

I drag the Discipline to my bag, not working , then I drag new one to the equipped one slot , not working too. 

Only option I have to drag it out , so I lose the discipline and having empty slot.

It seems there is no way to save used Disciple 

2 hours ago, Pathfinder05 said:

I drag the Discipline to my bag, not working , then I drag new one to the equipped one slot , not working too. 

Only option I have to drag it out , so I lose the discipline and having empty slot.

It seems there is no way to save used Disciple 

That's by design. You have to destroy the old one to replace it. In the future, you won't be able to replace major disciplines and they will require the spending of talent points to get abilities from them, but you will still be able to replace exploration and minor discs.