Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
touchmybow

Trying to fill out my shire, requires too much mats

I have two lodges and a cottage, which came in my bundle, and I'd like to add more just for the heck of it. I've looked at the costs for cottages and its terribly expensive. I feel like you have to group just to build in the EK. Could the costs be reduced?

Also, I'm currently under the assumption that craft failures is not activated, because I haven't failed yet. I've only failed with experimentation points.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, veeshan said:

With the amount of white resource people just throw away its not overly difficult.

Can I panhandle a cottage bro?

edit: nvm, it'll probably fail.

Edited by touchmybow

Kee[ in mind that EKs are supposed to be long term endgame goals. They exist to give you a reason to want to win campaigns. They're also intended for use as social spaces (even though we can't properly se them as social spaces until they fix the onlining permissions being only for the owner) and in a sense yes, you are intended to have multiple people farming to build them.

They're not supposed to be quickly or easily assembled. They're a trophy room, and purposely disconnected from being a thing you need to play the game. That's why to monetize them so heavily. They're designed to be the endgame goal that for the most part doesn't impact your success or failure in the main game, but rather take the place of long term ladder rankings or kingdom building to account for the fact that campaign worlds are temporary.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I use to think it would take forever to get the mins to build that stuff but I have my harvester at a point where the white goods are rolling in so I think once you fully level up a harvester for the stuff needed it won't be so difficult.   :)

It is not hard, just difficult. 

Time consuming and frustrating sure. But able to be done. Problem is it is all for naught now. The land will be wiped. So most do not bother. Once there are no more wipes the progress will stay and the chore will at least have value. 

Also not that it helps I know. But yall got it easy now.  It was 16 man hours before to get the 3K mats to make a farm parcel before. Just the farm parcel. And that was when potions ruled the land and skill trees did nothing really. Thousands of doobers died for our sins. 

And we did have to walk uphill both ways. :)

2 minutes ago, srathor said:

It is not hard, just difficult. 

Time consuming and frustrating sure. But able to be done. Problem is it is all for naught now. The land will be wiped. So most do not bother. Once there are no more wipes the progress will stay and the chore will at least have value. 

Also not that it helps I know. But yall got it easy now.  It was 16 man hours before to get the 3K mats to make a farm parcel before. Just the farm parcel. And that was when potions ruled the land and skill trees did nothing really. Thousands of doobers died for our sins. 

And we did have to walk uphill both ways. :)

wait for upkeep

17 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Kee[ in mind that EKs are supposed to be long term endgame goals. They exist to give you a reason to want to win campaigns. They're also intended for use as social spaces (even though we can't properly se them as social spaces until they fix the onlining permissions being only for the owner) and in a sense yes, you are intended to have multiple people farming to build them.

They're not supposed to be quickly or easily assembled. They're a trophy room, and purposely disconnected from being a thing you need to play the game. That's why to monetize them so heavily. They're designed to be the endgame goal that for the most part doesn't impact your success or failure in the main game, but rather take the place of long term ladder rankings or kingdom building to account for the fact that campaign worlds are temporary.

I agree with what you're saying however the curve is too insane. An EK can have many parcels I assume and I'm working on just a single cottage, which seems to take too long.

16 hours ago, Kianna_RuneMaker said:

I use to think it would take forever to get the mins to build that stuff but I have my harvester at a point where the white goods are rolling in so I think once you fully level up a harvester for the stuff needed it won't be so difficult.   :)

That's what I'm hoping.

Its way too early to know what the right values are for EK building and maintenance. Whatever the costs, most players will build-up their guilds' collective EK's and let their own go feral to save upkeep.

OP, about your name, if I touch your bow, does that make you quiver?

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

On 6/18/2019 at 3:59 PM, chancellor said:

OP, about your name, if I touch your bow, does that make you quiver?

It's a play on a name I had from another forum that was too explicit for here :) not going to say what it was.

Having made a few of the larger constructions, I'll back up the assertion here that it is far more time-consuming than difficult. Materials are easy to obtain - the real challenge is in not getting bored from the thousands of clicks required, especially with a guarantee that whatever you make will get wiped at some point.

If the EK building system were further along, I might propose simplifying that process so it gets more testing. Right now EKs don't seem to be much of a priority for the dev team.

I finally completed a cottage. So much work, but it got faster as I skilled up and learned some things. Not sure what would have happened if my cottage came out "poor". I'm guessing less durability. Now I'm not sure what I'm going to build, probably parcels. Thing is I need a list of tokens each parcel grants but I'm not sure that exists.