Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adrienne

Corpse Recovery

In the previous mechanic, once you returned to your corpse to loot it, you could summon it from 100 m away. This was helpful if you died somewhere like the spider queen’s lair, or during a failed fort takeover. With the current mechanic of running back to your corpse to loot it, there is no way to summon it out of a suicidal location so you lose whatever you were carrying (and probably die a few more times just to confirm that you can’t get the looting done). Was this intentional? If so,, what purpose does it serve?

The death and recovery process was streamlined to make Resurrection a more strategic factor in the Throne War. Death attrition is an important factor in Sieges, and now the location of rez shrines is an added benefit to holding territory. Death has more impact and consequence, as it was always intended to be part of the risk vs reward equation for CF.

I generally take the view that my inventory will be lost if I die and I plan accordingly (bank often), unless I am with friends that can loot for me or I am in an easy-to-access area.

tiPrpwh.png

Posted (edited)

Game requires to add many Graveyards and need timing adjust too. Today I found one player , He just press F then G, without knowing that he can fly to the Graveyard, Maybe if there is indication to tell player where is the closest graveyard to fly to it.😐

wow -Death

Edited by Pathfinder05
forget to add link

There are icons on the compass indicating where to go to the nearest portal, and if there is a dragon statue in the same map where you died, a light column shows the way. You can always check the map to see where the nearest friendly fort or keep is and fly there. 

Getting a free pass on getting your loot back because you died in a stupid place was a garbage mechanic.

Rezzing in the middle of a field blind with death shroud was also a garbage mechanic.

Res mechanics don't exist to make sure you can collect your inventory. They exist to ensure someone else has a chance to get your inventory before you do, and to ensure you have a chance to rally before engaging that situation again and perhaps approaching it in a less suicidal fashion.

The new mechanics do both of these things extremely well.

Previously you got a free pass if you did dumb stuff with mobs or guards. Now you don't. Treat those threats to your loot more seriously.

Previously you could get unavoidably chain killed just trying to come back to life and were penalized for opting not to. Now you always come back to life in a relatively safe spot by default. If you coordinate you should find it much easier to rally with your allies if you get group wiped in the field as you can all res in the same place and head out again together, or you can wait in said safe spots and call in some backup.

It really is a better system.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Posted (edited)
On 6/18/2019 at 1:12 PM, Ble said:

One of many very poorly implemented systems in this game.

Just contributing my two cents, but I would not go as far as to call anything poorly implemented in alpha stages. A sizable portion of what the developers do relies heavily on their feelings of execution, delivery, and reception. With as truly advanced and complex gaming has become, many  mechanics simply cannot be tested in a “controlled” environment and yield accurate results.

Game development 10 years ago did not open such an opportunity to the general public as far as testing was concerned. The title was either right from the day it hit shelves, or it was a just another title on the fail list. As nice as it sounded to have complete titles from the word go, it was an extremely high risk and advances in modern technology have changed the name of the game, presenting developers with a valuable opportunity to capitalize on and bring an enjoyable experience to a much larger and more diverse crowd - and they are letting us play a crucial part in its success.

Having the opportunity to trial an idea no matter how “fail” it may be is just another opportunity to voice an opinion and play a role in creating something awesome. In all reality this day in age, developers are not the ones driving the games that we play. The end user is... and they are doing it from the very beginning. 

Edited by Enforcer

e11pNDVOxS.png?width=550&height=100&sele

Co-Founder and Managing Director of |BAD| Better After Dark

Better After Dark Website          <>          Better After Dark Discord

They really do need to add a death tool tip to the game. The first time a character dies, just like a lot of the other tool tips currently in the game. 

On 6/26/2019 at 7:09 AM, Doomshadow said:

They really do need to add a death tool tip to the game. The first time a character dies, just like a lot of the other tool tips currently in the game. 

Agree.

Someone took all my loot because the game did not tell me anything.

On 7/25/2019 at 8:01 AM, magicpea said:

Agree.

Someone took all my loot because the game did not tell me anything.

I hate to break it to you but someone would have taken all your loot anyway.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"