Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

A warmer welcome - Official discussion thread

Some other improvements I’d like to see:

1. Remove the timer on the tool tips. Often I’d hear it pop up, finish whatever I was doing and glance back at it only for it to despawn. I’m sure that has happened a lot to new players, and that has to be frustrating since these too tips aren’t saved anywhere (like the Me tab or a Help Guide)
  2. Add an option to settings so that vets don’t have to get these newbie popups with info they already know.
  3. Remove “Newbie Island” from CWs. Since newbies are going to God’s Reach anyway (they’re locked there until level 10), it’s annoying to have to run through that area everytime a new campaign starts or when I create a new vessel

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Is it just me or does it look like nothing much has changed.  the loot chests have been there for a bit and other than adding a skinning knife to the chest its the same.  I believe we had tool tips.  it sounded like they upped the spider loot which would be a change but all in all the "changes" sounds a bit lite to be making such a broad announcement on.  Its funny, I clicked on the link kinda excited cause "better new player experience, cool" only to hear one big thud when I was done reading.  :) 

1 hour ago, Drizzzt said:

Is it just me or does it look like nothing much has changed.  the loot chests have been there for a bit and other than adding a skinning knife to the chest its the same.  I believe we had tool tips.  it sounded like they upped the spider loot which would be a change but all in all the "changes" sounds a bit lite to be making such a broad announcement on.  Its funny, I clicked on the link kinda excited cause "better new player experience, cool" only to hear one big thud when I was done reading.  :) 

Same. I guess from here on I need to consider these as kinda "blurbs" to the non-backing public so I don't get clickbaited so hard lol. 

EDIT: I think they need to edit the title to: "(An imperceptible, but technically) warmer welcome"  

OK I'm done being an unpleasant person on these forums for the day. 

Edited by Samulus
punctuation

20 hours ago, coolster50 said:

Some other improvements I’d like to see:

1. Remove the timer on the tool tips. Often I’d hear it pop up, finish whatever I was doing and glance back at it only for it to despawn. I’m sure that has happened a lot to new players, and that has to be frustrating since these too tips aren’t saved anywhere (like the Me tab or a Help Guide)
  2. Add an option to settings so that vets don’t have to get these newbie popups with info they already know.
  3. Remove “Newbie Island” from CWs. Since newbies are going to God’s Reach anyway (they’re locked there until level 10), it’s annoying to have to run through that area everytime a new campaign starts or when I create a new vessel

Great feedback, Coolster. I'm shooting it over to the team right now. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

6 minutes ago, Pann said:

Great feedback, Coolster. I'm shooting it over to the team right now. 

I was under the impression from ACE statements over the past year that new player experience would not be touched until beta or after launch. As such I have stopped wasting my time promoting any such idea's. Has the team changed position on this?

Just now, mystafyi said:

I was under the impression from ACE statements over the past year that new player experience would not be touched until beta or after launch. As such I have stopped wasting my time promoting any such idea's. Has the team changed position on this?

It's probably not as black and white as that. It is not the highest priority at this time, but it also is not something they refuse to touch.

IhhQKY6.gif

3 minutes ago, Jah said:

It's probably not as black and white as that. It is not the highest priority at this time, but it also is not something they refuse to touch.

With all the recent changes for new players they have added, I am wondering if that priority has changed. 

5 hours ago, Samulus said:

Same. I guess from here on I need to consider these as kinda "blurbs" to the non-backing public so I don't get clickbaited so hard lol. 

Hah, yea this wasn't "news" for anyone that's been actively testing. This update was definitely directed more at non-backers interested in CF, or the backers that only rarely login to check out what's new (this is quite a large group actually).

1 hour ago, mystafyi said:

With all the recent changes for new players they have added, I am wondering if that priority has changed. 

ACE has always said that the NPE was critically important, but that it's one of the last things done before release because systems change too much in early development. Makes sense to do the things that they can do now, like setting up a God's Reach world, and other things like a Tutorial would need to be done later when systems are more complete.

tiPrpwh.png