Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
veeshan

Remove aoe target cap for a campaign

Simple suggestion to try for a campaign
Remove all the AOE caps so they hit all targets within the aoe.
I think removing the target caps would go a long way to help smaller groups take on larger forces since realistically smaller forces would hit more targets with each attack to help counteract the larger force. Melee swing should have a bit of a splash affect too i would think.
Seeing as they dont want to add friendly fire i think this may be worth trying and not to difficult to test for a campaign.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

I agree that we need more "stackbusting" mechanics.  This is one way of doing it, but we might also need some more effective AoE damage.

qMEsHyg.png

www.winterblades.net

As much as I'm for increasing/removing the AoE target cap, I don't think it's as easy as just removing the cap. Each ability has a certain amount of targets it can hit so I think they'd actually have to adjust this value. 

1 hour ago, coolster50 said:

Add a buff where you deal more damage the more people you hit. Easy peasy

I've said the same thing. 

Titan Myrm already has a talent that does this with whirlwind. It could be applied to other abilities. Ranger's Barrage ability would be a good candidate for a similar talent. 

unknown.png

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

I believe we need to be careful suggesting stuff that is only happening because we are testing factions.

I'm sure in dregs, friendly fire will be turned on to everyone not in your group.

I'm sure in guilds, friendly fire will be turned on to everyone not in your guild.

etc etc!

For factions, they do everything they can to prevent people from killing same faction members.

But since no one I know will be playing factions on live, there's no need to worry about it.

(((((((ANOTHER CROWFALLER WAITING FOR THE DREGS JESUS TO SAVE THIS GAME FROM IT'S BAD CHOICES IN L:IFE))))))

On 6/20/2019 at 12:28 PM, Sloppy said:

But since no one I know will be playing factions on live, there's no need to worry about it.

You not playing factions does not justify factions being broken any more than you not being a major league baseball player justifies giving every shortstop a shotgun.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

17 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

You not playing factions does not justify factions being broken any more than you not being a major league baseball player justifies giving every shortstop a shotgun.

Relax, it was a joke.  Just like factions! lol