Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KDSProm

Combat Log's output

Posted (edited)

I'm working on a tool that can take multiple combat logs and give an overview of the fight. The following is one of the issues I've found.

Please consider changing 'Your' with account name so we can differentiate in case a player named "Your' will be part of the fight.

Another option is to add ['s] to names and keep 'Your'

Exp:

KDSProm's Skill healed/hit

Your Skill Healed/hit (personal)

Yours's Skill Healed/hit (player named Your)

Thank you!

Edited by KDSProm

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

On 6/20/2019 at 1:39 PM, DravoiX said:

why dont u run a replace over the your / you ?

I'm doing exactly that. problem is that You/Your means 'user'. When there will be a player named You/Your I'll have no way of knowing if it's the (You/Your) player or the user

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS

4 hours ago, KDSProm said:

I'm doing exactly that. problem is that You/Your means 'user'. When there will be a player named You/Your I'll have no way of knowing if it's the (You/Your) player or the user

Combat log name has exactly the same timestamp in the file name as client log, and client log prints account name when you login. So you could look for the last login account name in client log as a workaround.

13 minutes ago, ComradeAma said:

Combat log name has exactly the same timestamp in the file name as client log, and client log prints account name when you login. So you could look for the last login account name in client log as a workaround.

got you. It is not about my accounts. What I am building is a php application where multiple people can drop their combat logs. When a user uploads his combat log all 'You/Your' become 'user'. If they will fight somebody named You or Your is when things will go south.

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS

Posted (edited)

@KDSProm I see.

The same will happen if you fight Hellcat family, there is no way to understand where player name and where is skill. Btw Russians accounts have spaces in account name. It will create mess too.

Edited by ComradeAma

Note that a lot of effects still don't properly report to the combat log. Brigand's Ambush for instance does not report its damage to the user at all.  Many disc based DoT, debuff, conditional heal, or reactive damage effects don't report to the log as well.

That shouldn't impact your parser functioning but it is something users should be aware of. The damage log can sometimes bend the truth the same way the kills/deaths/assists scoreboard sometimes bends the truth a bit.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I know @PopeUrban - every log is parsed with error reporting on unrecognized skills and there are plenty of 'holes'.

@ComradeAma - it means I'll have to do extra work on the upload parser to not skip the 4g players :)

Atm working on getting some decent data out of what currently works in term of uploading.

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS