Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy

Building/Sieging in the Dregs

I'm told, in the dregs there will be free building. (people can build stuff wherever they want)

If all these buildings are protected, or if they cost more to destroy than to build, we will have buildings everywhere.  This destroys server performance, and can block the people to build new stuffs.

So we need a mechanic that allows us to remove the garbage from the landscape.

In shadowbane we planted a tree of life(TOL).  Anything within the radius was protected.  We also had to rank up the TOL to grow our towns.  I assume this game will be similar.

There was also a limited number of TOL's allowed per zone.  Eventually the asians owned every TOL on the map, and thusly the server would grow stagnant and die!  Crowfall solves this issue!

Building a City in Crowfall

You plant a TOL.  After 24 hours is grows to rank 1.  A 100 meter radius of protection is established.  Anything within the 100 meters is protected. (100 meters is a made up number... I'm not sure what appropriate as I'm at work)  It should be enough for a small keep and 1 set of walls.

This must be more than 700 meters from any other TOL.

Ranking up a city

You may choose to rank up your city by spending gold and resources.  Once spent it takes 1 week to upgrade for each rank.

Add another 100 meters to your radius for each rank up to a maximum of 700 meters.

Sieges

A successful siege should derank a TOL 1 level.  This is so it takes many days to bring down a clans hardwork, and not just 1 lucky superbowl night siege.

Anything built in the new unprotected area becomes unprotected.  Players with the salvaging skill can dismantle these buildings and take 50% of the mats.

Summary

People will build tighter cities to stay within the protected area.

Players will purge the unprotected areas of lag inducing buildings.

Wars will last longer.  Clans wont get scewed as hard by the classic holiday siege.  (Asians love taking cities on Christmas, and losing cities on Chinese New Year)

The inability to build within 700m of another city will limit the amount of TOL on the map

Is anyone going to provide any answers to these questions? They seem fairly relevant.

I always loved city building in SB - and here the EK does a great job of what it "could be". Is this going to be something everyone can do in a single landmass in dregs?

We don't know much about how building will work in the Dregs. We can hope it will work like it does in the EKs, but that hasn't been confirmed.

IhhQKY6.gif

My current understanding is that everything will be pre-built and we as players can choose to allocate resources we harvested to building it and ranking it up. But no original design.

1 hour ago, Numa said:

My current understanding is that everything will be pre-built and we as players can choose to allocate resources we harvested to building it and ranking it up. But no original design.

ACE has mentioned before that they would like free building to exist in the dregs. I wouldn't be surprised if they are in predetermined spots though unless they introduce a terraforming mechanism like SB had. I don't really expect them to have any terraforming things in at 5.110 but with the world building tools, it isn't exactly completely out of the picture.

No idea if we will actually have that in the first iteration of dregs but it may be something we get at some point.

C4sIZDW.gif

1 hour ago, Numa said:

my hope is that we actually utilize the EK building system for something, prebuilt wont get me fired up a whole lot for defense but if i contributed to building long staff keep an original design ill be logging in 10 different stormcaller alts for each defense  

hoayaga2.jpg