Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Changes with News updates

1 hour ago, YouTubejasonwivart said:

where is the ace q and a for july?

Aiming for next week. It's a bit delayed due to the July 4th holiday and some team members being on vacation. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

3 minutes ago, Pann said:

Aiming for next week. It's a bit delayed due to the July 4th holiday and some team members being on vacation. 

Aiming for middle of the month eh? That would mean there was no plan at all to release anything. Why not just go to once a month info releases and avoid players having to repeatedly lower expectations? 

You can please some of the people some of the time... ;)

34 minutes ago, Pann said:

You can please some of the people some of the time... ;)

ek centerpieces would please me most of the time ❤️

I'm fine with only 1 news article every week, but its been 1 month since we actually got news about the game.The last article that actually talked about something new was "Item rewards and you",which was posted on June 11th ,exactly 1 month ago.I understand that you are working on stuff and can't share a lot but 1 month without anything new?Is this because you haven't managed to make anything in 1 month?of course not but that's what it shows. This also comes in a time where the comunity is losing trust, the last couple of months have burnt out a lot of players.

3 hours ago, pamintandrei said:

I'm fine with only 1 news article every week, but its been 1 month since we actually got news about the game.The last article that actually talked about something new was "Item rewards and you",which was posted on June 11th ,exactly 1 month ago.I understand that you are working on stuff and can't share a lot but 1 month without anything new?Is this because you haven't managed to make anything in 1 month?of course not but that's what it shows. This also comes in a time where the comunity is losing trust, the last couple of months have burnt out a lot of players.

This

Regarding the delay of the ACE Q&A for July, while we typically like to have them out within the first two weeks of the month, this one is going to happen later in the month than I originally expected due to scheduling conflicts. Most likely it will be sometime the last week of July. 

I'm not dodging your questions and comments regarding news. DebySue and I are wrapping up our strategy for what's newsworthy vs. what should be a "deeper dive blog" (as she describes it). We'll start feeding the information machine again soon. Meanwhile, I really appreciate your patience. 

My issue with all of this is "feeding the information machine".

What are you doing?

What changes are a week out, a month out 3 months out, 6? 9? a year. Yes it will get more sketchy the longer the time but come on.

What has been done in the last week that is exciting? Infuriating? Frustrating? The last month? What milestones were met. what was pushed off due to "reasons".

What is the new office like? Where is the cookie Jar? What type of cookies? Who got a new computer with what specs? How are the testers testing? What are they testing on? Do they exist?

custard!

5 hours ago, Pann said:

Most likely it will be sometime the last week of July. 

And will that one be considered the august release since its at the end of july? As I said before ya'll should have just went from 1 week updates to 1 month. You knew you would not keep the 2 week schedule. 

6 hours ago, srathor said:

My issue with all of this is "feeding the information machine".

What are you doing?

What changes are a week out, a month out 3 months out, 6? 9? a year. Yes it will get more sketchy the longer the time but come on.

What has been done in the last week that is exciting? Infuriating? Frustrating? The last month? What milestones were met. what was pushed off due to "reasons".

What is the new office like? Where is the cookie Jar? What type of cookies? Who got a new computer with what specs? How are the testers testing? What are they testing on? Do they exist?

custard!

This right here.   I mentioned another kickstarter game I was involved in (maybe in this thread) and all the things listed above they provided.  They fully understood communicating with its testers and I checked them out today post launch and they are still maintaining the same level of communications.  They got and get it.  I don't think ACE gets it to be frank.....

I also agree with srathor. I think a lot of this frustration could be solved by giving short updates at the beginning of a week (no long article is necessary for this):

Just something like:

- Folks, this week no update is coming/ no news will be published. The next one is to expect in 2/3/... weeks.
- Our previously announced update is not happening this week.
- Test Servers (probably) stay down the whole week.

Thats all I would ask for.

23 hours ago, Pann said:

Regarding the delay of the ACE Q&A for July, while we typically like to have them out within the first two weeks of the month, this one is going to happen later in the month than I originally expected due to scheduling conflicts. Most likely it will be sometime the last week of July. 

I'm not dodging your questions and comments regarding news. DebySue and I are wrapping up our strategy for what's newsworthy vs. what should be a "deeper dive blog" (as she describes it). We'll start feeding the information machine again soon. Meanwhile, I really appreciate your patience. 

Thank you for the update. It is sometimes hard to find this information in responses to player posts. Is it possible to put this type of info(delay of Q&A and such) in the News and Announcements so it would be easier to find? 

Also, since this campaign ends in about 2 days. could we at least find out if there is going to be a break, or another campaign(short or otherwise) before 5.100 so we know iif there will be a complete item/character wipe after this weekend?

Thanks in advance!