Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaleOne

If I were Todd, what would I do to get the players motivated

Top 10

1) Finish Frostweaver (I know this was recently mentioned) Nothing will get more people will come back and give Crowfall another try than releasing Frostweaver.

2) Assign Discipline to specific droppers and announce a list of them and a map :)

3) Give XP for any and all captures and have the xp be residual for holding land.Increase Capturable XP and loot bonus as the seasons progress

4) Make all outposts become spawn points- also give out gold loot when you cap it in a lootable chest.(loot and pillage)

5) Give huge bonuses for capping entire zones and holding them

6)  Put GUILD crests next to Faction crests on all capturables and give guild points for capping and holding.

7) Make cash valuable again by allowing sacrifice for xp and any level.

8 ) Make the leaderboard only recognize pvp kills and deaths. 

9) Create Fence NPC's that buy from players and sell same items to players for gear and runestones

10) Pay Campaign winners with VIP Character slots/ PLUS XP badges/EK Statues or their choice of discipline runestones./ Crowns/ titles

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

23 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

10) Pay Campaign winners with VIP Character slots/ PLUS XP badges/EK Statues or their choice of discipline runestones./ Crowns/ titles:)

Bc the people with better organizational skills, higher levels of motivation, fully vetted supply chains and the better concept of the meta need an in game advrage to snowball into more victories.  This is the very definition of Uncle Bob. As somebody who’s part of the winning faction of every to date trial the only reward for winning should be cosmetic rewards.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

29 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

2) Assign Discipline to specific droppers and announce a list of them and a map :)

I want specific Discipline droppers, but I wouldn't announce where they are. I think it would be better to explore and find where they spawn on each new campaign map.

Basically, I think the location of the Discipline droppers should be randomized when the map is created, but should remain constant for the duration of that campaign.

IhhQKY6.gif

6 minutes ago, Jah said:

I want specific Discipline droppers, but I wouldn't announce where they are. I think it would be better to explore and find where they spawn on each new campaign map.

Basically, I think the location of the Discipline droppers should be randomized when the map is created, but should remain constant for the duration of that campaign.

So sb style droppers that can be targeted.  I’m pretty sure in a q/a he said he doesn’t want them targetable. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

My list is shorter.  But it ain't just cosmetic fluff! :)  Not that yours is!

1.  Tie outposts, forts and keeps together in a territory control system that promotes small and large engagements

2.  Rewards for capturing territory

3.  Release dregs with the ability to plant trees of life's and build our own cities

4.  Remove levels.  Every character or vessel should start at level 30

5.  Fix the spirit bank and the guild bank

6.  Allow solo players to hit motherloads

7.  Put a boss at every outpost and make them solo friendly, and have each have a chance to drop a rune

Who gives a crap about frostweaver.  If they're going to spend money to keep the servers up... give us something fun!  It's supossed to be fun!

#4 make all outposts respawn points? Are you kidding? Then there is zero strategy to the game. 👎🏻👎🏻 I don’t like what they’re planning to do with respawn outposts anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Sloppy said:

My list is shorter.  But it ain't just cosmetic fluff! :)  Not that yours is!

1.  Tie outposts, forts and keeps together in a territory control system that promotes small and large engagements

2.  Rewards for capturing territory

3.  Release dregs with the ability to plant trees of life's and build our own cities

4.  Remove levels.  Every character or vessel should start at level 30

5.  Fix the spirit bank and the guild bank

6.  Allow solo players to hit motherloads

7.  Put a boss at every outpost and make them solo friendly, and have each have a chance to drop a rune

Who gives a crap about frostweaver.  If they're going to spend money to keep the servers up... give us something fun!  It's supossed to be fun!

Agreed except for 6 & 7.

Turning it into a super solo friendly game removes the interdependence on each other.

Outposts should give gathering  bonuses to their parcel. That would generate a lot of small scale meaningful PvP. 

2 minutes ago, oneply said:

Agreed except for 6 & 7.

Turning it into a super solo friendly game removes the interdependence on each other.

Outposts should give gathering  bonuses to their parcel. That would generate a lot of small scale meaningful PvP. 

In my personel opinion this game needs to be more solo friendly.

When you get a group together it should be to raid or defend something.

My guild doesn't want to login to discord and see guildies and say "Hey, let's go hit some motherloads for minerals"

That's stupid.  They want to login to discord and say.  Oh hey there's 3 of us let's go raid Winterblades.  Let's go custard with HoA's lands!

Because personally I feel if I am the first person to login on a day, everything I do is useless.  There is no fun.

Sorry, to say, This game has so simple strategy, that is You have to do list:

-Level you class (killing same mobs all the way)

- Gather resources 

-Craft armors 

-go to Combat

Basically, The end game is about Gathering and Pushing buttons. Simply, I have never seen MMO with poor contents like this game. To make more player to come , You have to add many Activities to make players to enjoy the game. if the game about pvp only, it has to be free .

For improvement , make it small group pvp or 1 vs 1 pvp and arena at least. 

8 hours ago, mandalore said:

Bc the people with better organizational skills, higher levels of motivation, fully vetted supply chains and the better concept of the meta need an in game advrage to snowball into more victories.  This is the very definition of Uncle Bob. As somebody who’s part of the winning faction of every to date trial the only reward for winning should be cosmetic rewards.  

And that is why no one cares about winning.

the title of this post is how to get players motivated.

none of the things I mentioned give an advantage in pvp that can’t be earned in game or paid for in dollars.

8 hours ago, Jah said:

I think back to SB when all of the droppers locations were posted on websites.

known locations mean that you weren’t headed into the wilderness randomly — Everyone was headed to the same place for the same goal .  That encourages action.

People won’t play right now because of the RNG and the uncertainty of player progress.

If they KNOW where to go to complete their templates they will log in and be sure of progress.

1 hour ago, oneply said:

#4 make all outposts respawn points? Are you kidding? Then there is zero strategy to the game. 👎🏻👎🏻 I don’t like what they’re planning to do with respawn outposts anyway. 

That forces a faction to care about capturing and keeping control of them to hold on to a zone.

Last night My partner and I captured every outpost in an entire zone. No one responded - three hours later we still held them all...

18 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

That forces a faction to care about capturing and keeping control of them to hold on to a zone.

Last night My partner and I captured every outpost in an entire zone. No one responded - three hours later we still held them all...

Forts and keeps are for respawns. Make outposts give parcel buffs. Make more in depth strategy not remove the strategy that’s already been implemented. That makes the game just as boring as circle standing. 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

I agree with your comments Paleone, PVP needs to be Ace's focus, instead their worried about making crafting as complex as possible. I think crafting is important, but this is ridiculous. 

#4 outpost respawn points, maybe reduce number of outpost or move away from keeps and forts, but I agree in respawn.

#8 leader boards I agree, but make a separate crafting leader board with a different reward

I think some low game impact rewards could be, resource based, maybe win a blue vessel, or all gear durability reset to max. There are so many things that they can do.

ACE REDUCE THE GRIND!

Edited by Bazgul
grammar

1. A pvp progression system like a ranking system similar to Daoc's Realm rank system would be ideal. When you kill or assist in a player kill you gain rank points (call it whatever, realm points, title points etc) for that toon your playing. Points gain you ranks pretty simple. Have a leaderboard on the website to show how your progress is going against other players who play that class would be a bonus. To stop abuse with ppl with multiple accounts, points can only be gained once per (enter time here)  if you kill the same player.

2. The embargo system but with plenty more bank space.

3. Stop the random drops on disc's - like what ppl have already stated, make mobs drop a certain type of disc

4. Xp - make xp easier to get to help leveling so players can enjoy the pvp endgame, xp for capturing and defending outposts, forts and keeps would be great, harvesting and crafting xp would be a bonus as well. Player kills maybe? if you use an anti abuse system like the one above?

5. Outpost bonuses- make outpost fun to keep, like a bonus to xp while killing mobs nearby and/or harvesting buffs.

Posted (edited)

I cannot stress enough: do not add anytime capturable resurrection locations. It removes the only strategy we have and once again gives numbers a huge advantage. 

The problem with defending outposts is that they can be taken whenever, I’m not gonna run around trying to counter outpost caps all night when I got other stuff to do. You know, the same problem we had with forts before they were on a timer.

If you want outpost PvP to be a target have the outposts provide something that encourages holding them while playing in the area, maybe it buffs parcels or something. That encourages groups to take them when working nearby and gives opponents an indicator to maybe go check it out. But do not negate the larger strategy side of the siege game by adding trivial to attain, or remove either, resurrection shrines.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

1 hour ago, PaleOne said:

And that is why no one cares about winning.

the title of this post is how to get players motivated.

none of the things I mentioned give an advantage in pvp that can’t be earned in game or paid for in dollars.

If you need a reward that gives you more of an advantage over the loser what’s the point of the loser continuing to play?  At what point does a winner become so stacked with rewards that the loser can justify quitting since they can’t win?  

Cosmetic rewards still allow the winner to lord their victories over the loser but don’t give them more advantages over the team that they just smashed.  

Could you imagine the tears if WHoA had 6 in game rewards that made it even more likely that WHoA would win the next trial?  Pann would have to hire a full time lifeguard for the forums.  

image0.jpg

wiDfyPp.png