• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Balthur

Warden - crushing dmg bonus

Hi,

@vkromas @thomasblair

The last talent of warden provides 10% dmg crushing bonus and 10% piercing dmg. However, the warden can't equip runic maces only bows and short swords. I don't know if it is intented but in my opinion, would be more balanced if u change the crushing dmg for slashing dmg. (or runic swords for maces).

Thanks,
warden.PNG

Similarly, the Brigand has runic maces, but only slashing and piercing bonus damage.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I'd be very interested to hear the in depth answer. It seems like an unusual design choice to be disadvantaged by the capstone weapon unlocks on a class promotion.

Posted (edited)

There's some questionable interaction on vindicator templar where they get slashing bonuses and their abilities get turned into another damage type but I never played one so I don't know the specifics.

Edited by KatzeWeiss

It looks like the thought process was around giving different damage based on what arrows the player might want to use.
Updated them in the next build.
Warden - Capstone talent now provides Piercing/Slashing bonuses. (covers bow+melee)
Brigand - Capstone talent now provides Crushing/Slashing bonuses. (covers melee)

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2019 at 6:37 PM, thomasblair said:

It looks like the thought process was around giving different damage based on what arrows the player might want to use.
Updated them in the next build.
Warden - Capstone talent now provides Piercing/Slashing bonuses. (covers bow+melee)
Brigand - Capstone talent now provides Crushing/Slashing bonuses. (covers melee)

I'm confused.

Why does warden, the brawler class with the mail armor have the native arrow type damage bonus?

Shouldn't the squishier leather DPS have the slashing/piercing (because squish = more kite) with runix shortswords/bows and the mail/tankier Warden have the crushing/slashing? with runic maces/axes? (because their signature move is to not be in ranged combat but be doing melee aoes and teleporting to targets)

Also nobody can use anything but piercing arrows without taking discs, and the discs grant the damage bonuses along with the ability to use the arrows (or lets be honest, quivers)

The bonuses made sense before. It was the runics that didn't make sense.

Also rangers can't natively use quivers despite being the only class granted a bow tray as a class feature at creation. This makes rangers (specifically melee rangers) the only templates in the game that will *ever* use arrows. Also, what function are consumable arrows even supposed to serve? They don't have any meaningful gameplay function, and due to the existance of quivers and the fact bows degrade just like every other weapon they don't seem to have any economic function either.

The ranger has to spend more on weapons than every other class (due to having three) and now must spend even more money on ammo, but only if they're inefficient at using that ammo?

It would make sense if quivers weren't auto-granted along with the bow tray, or if this behavior was mirrored in other ranged templates (bullets, books pages, hammer...dust?) in every other case, but things as they are it doesn't make any sense.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"