Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi i think this game at what stage is it needs wipe. There are a lot of new players coming up every day and unable to rival with players who have complete combat research + crafting research. after a month of playing he finds no way to play without full combat tree and leaves the game and gives a negative reference.

My suggestion:

1. wipe game or do some research zone 0 - 1 000 000 / 1 000 001 - 2 000 000 / 2+ 

- after wipe: 100% research speed for all and rebuild some skills, raid boss etc.  (you will have more time)

- guild bank

- some reward points for guild who are active on castle siege (10 lvl guild rank system 1st give all members 1+ gathering etc.)

---------------------

I still do not understand why it is good to have your own island 

aaa.jpg

The last wipe didn’t fare so well on the population. Between the leveling and RNG gearing, I don’t think I’d sign in besides to spend points for awhile. And I’m willing to bet I would be in the majority of the testers left. 

At best you’d get some of the people who have been sitting on the sidelines back in. That is until they have to pray to RNG to get their gear for weeks.

im all for a wipe when more systems have been completely fleshed out and the RNG is not so ridiculous. In its current state Crowfall is not a fun game. 

On 6/25/2019 at 6:34 AM, fnukafka said:

Hi i think this game at what stage is it needs wipe. There are a lot of new players coming up every day and unable to rival with players who have complete combat research + crafting research. after a month of playing he finds no way to play without full combat tree and leaves the game and gives a negative reference.

My suggestion:

1. wipe game or do some research zone 0 - 1 000 000 / 1 000 001 - 2 000 000 / 2+ 

- after wipe: 100% research speed for all and rebuild some skills, raid boss etc.  (you will have more time)

- guild bank

- some reward points for guild who are active on castle siege (10 lvl guild rank system 1st give all members 1+ gathering etc.)

---------------------

I still do not understand why it is good to have your own island 

A wipe will only alienate an already alienated player base.  Many of us are simply logging in to spend our points on the chance that they fix the game to a point where it is fun to play again.  Entire guilds have been decimated thanks to ACE's recent patches and wipes.  Many have drifted off to other games/alpha's/beta's.  There doesn't seem to be any point in testing this game while the developers refuse to act on obvious player concerns.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:04 AM, fnukafka said:

There are a lot of new players coming up every day

Define "a lot."

Alpha is supposed to arrive eventually and likely will have a wipe. Wiping now will probably run off as many as it draws in.

Personally, I'm not going to bother with this thing until it is further along as they add pieces that need other pieces to work well.

Such as having passive progression without a catch up mechanic.

For those of us that have been training at 3x speed for however long, we are far a head of newer players. Good example of why a catch up is needed, despite some claiming that passive progression isn't creating a gap between players on top of all the other factors. This is one area ACE has direct control over. They might not be able to make a guild be organized, skilled, or have any idea how to play, but they can even out the basic stats provided by passive training, which is pretty much the reason they said it existed to begin with.

I wonder who said that passive research doesn't make a gap between players. Of course he does and great and will always do. (the only way is for new players to have the chance put it all research point on one tree not 2 they can fast stabilize combat power) ..... maybe id CF team give 1000% research boost everyone can testing everything 

aaa.jpg

Posted (edited)

Sorry but a wipe isnt what is needed to bring new people in. In my opinion they haven't had any significant changes since 5.9. They need to bring in Dregs, do away with spirit bank, fix the gold and trade economy, or some other drastic change (having named a few) before I am returning. These cosmetic "God Trials" are just not appealing enough.

See the posts from before like "If I were Todd, what would I do to get people motivated again", or the "What would bring you back.."

Edited by ilogos

Posted (edited)

IMHO a wipe of passive would make the game more challenging. I believe the biggest gap is when we fight one group that has been playing forever vs. the group that is some what new I really see a difference. I think it would be a blast and a lot of new players might also enjoy being able to stand up to the "BIG DAWGS" that are soooo hard to kill because of passives skills. Be it because of passive armor, weapons or vessels. I think it would help the population and not hurt it. 

1.) The players who have played the longest are very tough to kill with or without support. That is a passive thing. I know someone will pipe up and say EEK that is just skill. Well your wrong ( and probably max on your passive skills)! If they wipe passives and then you stand up like that its skill! or make it so everyone is max on passive during testing :)

2.) There is a large base of players who wont come and play because they are soooo far behind on the game. Wipe the passive it makes an even playing field for all. 

3.) The largest group of players who have played the longest play on one faction. which makes it very Unbalanced along with wiping passives they should look at a way to ensure that the factions are actually balanced or get Dregs out sooner rather than later and solve the entire problem of EVERY single Campaign being won by one side. No matter who you support you have to acknowledge that 1 side always gets the top spot that is why EVERYONE is rewarded because the system is broken and the largest group with the most passive skills play together.

With that all said if you don't want to Ally to Win play Cowfall and join CHAOS. Crowfall is an amazing game and has the most potential in my opinion and if you get in now you will learn it before it goes live. If you love PVP this is where is it at! Come Fight the INBALANCE!!!!!!! 

Edited by DrakanoWOW

A passive wipe would put all players to the same starting point again, but question is when is the "last" fullwipe scheduled. Would it be a good time now? Maybe if the next one is a few months away.

I wouldnt go for a passive wipe as long as it is not needed to test out the common/uncommon gathering & crafting. Maybe new players should get a push there in the pre-alpha stage.

What i would go for would be an itemwipe. There are still old hungershards and disciplines ingame, a new crafter cant get hands on the major atm. Very active guilds and players have accounts filled with epic stuff. so if it is not possible to get rid of the old stat things i would prefer the itemwipe so the new guildbanks could be filled with actual stuff.

With embargo and guildbanks most likely incoming an itemwipe should be attracting ppl to come back to the game, because it would be like a small reset with interesting stuff to do.

So i hope for a soon itemwipe.

I always love full wipes - and at this point, I encourage them to do one when 5.100 hits.

If they are smart they will also start advertising it a week before it happens, so we can have as many people back as possible, starting their training from day 1.

I personally know a lot of people that are waiting for wipes, and as mentioned above - there are lot's of new players that will have a hard time catching up to us that started training from december, also the legacy items mentioned, which there is still plenty of.

A full wipe will be much welcomed to we can breathe some life into these campaigns.

Not that it's not active campaigns, but it's the same people we fight over and over, and the newer ppl that join in at this point often gets discouraged unless they have experienced players to hold their hands.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

Item wipe is nothing if u had max passive skill u will had about 5-10 days back ur gear. how can developers testing and balanced game if somebody has full combat tree vs no combat tree. somebody yesterday jump on me first shot 3200 next 2900 next 2700 bb u no experience  half-wit (i have blue vessel with blue armor but on start my passive tree)

aaa.jpg

6 minutes ago, Surelia said:

A passive wipe would put all players to the same starting point again, but question is when is the "last" fullwipe scheduled. Would it be a good time now? Maybe if the next one is a few months away.

I wouldnt go for a passive wipe as long as it is not needed to test out the common/uncommon gathering & crafting. Maybe new players should get a push there in the pre-alpha stage.

What i would go for would be an itemwipe. There are still old hungershards and disciplines ingame, a new crafter cant get hands on the major atm. Very active guilds and players have accounts filled with epic stuff. so if it is not possible to get rid of the old stat things i would prefer the itemwipe so the new guildbanks could be filled with actual stuff.

With embargo and guildbanks most likely incoming an itemwipe should be attracting ppl to come back to the game, because it would be like a small reset with interesting stuff to do.

So i hope for a soon itemwipe.

I think the best solution is to make all players in pre alpha max on ALL combat passive skills. Then it is 100% an even playing field. If they don't do that then the game will struggle and that is my concern. Server pop 100 players at the max. WTF who can be happy with that????? I want to see crowfall be #1 but with some of the decision made in the last few months we have gone from 300 players during siege to 65! how can that be good. I think what is happening is that all the decision that are being made is based on the desires of the players in the hidden backers forums. Fix this solve the passive skill gap and your supporters will bring in more players. I do see another option. Go down the path of my favorite game ever shadowbane. yes that game that does not really matter anymore cause the only ones playing that game are people who have found a work around to the games death! 

#Icare #Listentoyourcustomer #dontlistentoonlyyourbackers #wipethepassives 

@J Todd Coleman : You are in a position right now that you can choose. 

1.)Do I make the group of people who dropped some money on me in the very beginning happy?

2.)Do I make the decision to bring in new, fresh strong blood! Players who will play the large scale game?

3.) Am I happy with the less than 100 player base that keep fighting for Keeps!

4.) If you want millions to play this game stop catering to the small few initial backers and make decisions that are best for the game!

5.) For the love of everything holy please bring back the population. #Save Crowfall. 

I just want to add the server POP did not go down because of a wipe it went down because lack of communication tot he CUSTOMER!

6 minutes ago, Yumx said:

I always love full wipes - and at this point, I encourage them to do one when 5.100 hits.

If they are smart they will also start advertising it a week before it happens, so we can have as many people back as possible, starting their training from day 1.

I personally know a lot of people that are waiting for wipes, and as mentioned above - there are lot's of new players that will have a hard time catching up to us that started training from december, also the legacy items mentioned, which there is still plenty of.

A full wipe will be much welcomed to we can breathe some life into these campaigns.

Not that it's not active campaigns, but it's the same people we fight over and over, and the newer ppl that join in at this point often gets discouraged unless they have experienced players to hold their hands.

I just want to add the server POP did not go down because of a wipe it went down because of LACK OF COMMUNICATION to the customer of the game we are playing. Crowfall cut off the servers for weeks with out any information. Then all the core players (not backers) stopped playing. Speak up call it out explain why and lets GROW! Oh BTW I will point out I AM YOUR CUSTOMER!  

14 minutes ago, DrakanoWOW said:

I think what is happening is that all the decision that are being made is based on the desires of the players in the hidden backers forums.

14 minutes ago, DrakanoWOW said:

#Icare #Listentoyourcustomer #dontlistentoonlyyourbackers #wipethepassives 

@J Todd Coleman : You are in a position right now that you can choose. 

1.)Do I make the group of people who dropped some money on me in the very beginning happy?

2.)Do I make the decision to bring in new, fresh strong blood! Players who will play the large scale game?

3.) Am I happy with the less than 100 player base that keep fighting for Keeps!

4.) If you want millions to play this game stop catering to the small few initial backers and make decisions that are best for the game!

5.) For the love of everything holy please bring back the population. #Save Crowfall. 

I absolutely agree

aaa.jpg