Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Surelia said:

Is it about playing the game or testing a game in development. thats the key misinterpretation atm, because it feels too much beta.

It has to be about both. Until now Crowfall has made decisions based on the request of Backers & have always allowed it to fall back on " it is pre alpha " I know 100% that Jtoddcoleman is better than that! so I will say this!

1.) Do we want an awesome wonderful game with a hand full  of backers?

2.) Do we want a successful multi million subscriber base of non backers? SO I CAN ENJOY PVP, GVG and FVF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@jtoddcoleman Current state you get #1. Suggested changes you get #2 its all up too you sir! 

Max out all defensive and offensive passives for all player let the battle ground be balanced (not the current INBalance but the real Balance). Let me fight players based on skill not passive training!!!!! Lets see if CHOAS loses to INbalance then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If we do then I will be the first to say "WTF I was soooo wrong!"  Solve the IMBALANCE FIRST!

Edited by DrakanoWOW

I'm actually curious to see some numbers on where people are at passive training wise(Comparison wise). There are some interesting quirks with it that actually prevent you from getting much benefit from it after a certain point with how low the caps are on the offensive end as well as with armor training.

One example is that the armor trees feed into the "Bonus Armor" stat which is also what is modified by most Racial, Disc stats(although the majors are gone now I think?), and Disc power stats. This caps at 35%(Which is really easy to do) and I wouldn't be surprised if people are using powers that give bonus resist when activated and are wondering why they are still getting hit for the same amount of damage. You're looking at that cap right there. Extra passive training in that area doesn't actually accomplish much. You run into similar things on the offensive side of combat(AP, Crit Damage, Crit Chance) where you're effectively able to cap things out with gear/vessel upgrades after making it through combat basics and the first weapon/armor tree along with a lot of the crit def/armor pen being in the early trees. I think most would end up being a bit sad about there not being really that big of a change being capped when you're really "capped" less than half way through the trees for most stats.

That being said, additional passive training does help particularly with some areas that don't cap through gear(Power Efficiency, Crit Def, CC resist/amp, Armor Pen). Really the passive training in most areas just allows you to wear worse gear and still maintain the caps.

Really the biggest gate on passive training for new players or groups of players is harvesting and crafting skills. Gear is where the majority of the stat disparity comes from. Add into to this equation that farming for and crafting that gear takes a large time investment from players. You end up with a pretty rough start up for someone coming in later. At the current speed(3x), you max out the crafters in a bit over a month or two I think? I can't remember when we capped them for sure but it is longer than most people would stick around if they were not having a good time/had a good amount of perseverance. 

I honestly think passive training should just be removed all together. I've never been a fan of the system and I don't think it really provides anything positive at this point. If those stats are mixed into leveling or active game play somehow, it would at least allow you to work toward something rather than having to just sit and wait for the ability to some what efficiently progress in the game.

All of that being said, I don't think a wipe at this point would really bring back many people. Combining a wipe with some sort of big update(something like Dregs) would see a pretty big resurgence in population. Then it would be a matter of how performance held up in the game. Early 5.8 was plagued by poor performance and that definitely caused some of the population drop. Overall, I'm indifferent on a wipe but I'm for it if it were to actually increase the population. I'd also be in support of them shutting down the live server and focusing on not worrying about maintaining a live "service" as they are kind of being forced to at this time if it means it would speed up some of the last pieces of development.

C4sIZDW.gif

Im curious what the excuse will be when there is a wipe and the same people keep losing....youre not going to magically get more coordinated, understand your class, or advance your combat/gathering awareness. there is a learning curve to every game. as much as i hate passive training (and I want it removed/replaced), its not going to even the playing field by wiping. the players with greater knowledge of the game are still going to beat you 90% of the time until you get better. 

additionally, the game isnt fun right now outside of the hour for siege and crafting advanced stuff. its all a chore. when ACE completes more of their systems then ill support a wipe. 

this is why this game need to wipe or rebuild passive tree. 3 strike and player with plate die because passive tree skill  .)

aaa.jpg

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, fnukafka said:

this is why this game need to wipe or rebuild passive tree. 3 strike and player with plate die because passive tree skill  .)

LoL, that video was showing 5.8 fresh out of the box, days after a full wipe.

Passives have nothing to do with what you see happening there.

Edited by VaMei

17 minutes ago, VaMei said:

oL, that video was showing 5.8 fresh out of the box, days after a full wipe.

1st day after wipe and players killing t7 - t10 monster i dont thing so 

aaa.jpg

22 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Passives have nothing to do with what you see happening there.

i will like to see test wipe combat tree for one season ist like 10 days and u will see differences. mabey i am wrong is doing nothing important never try never know but we will see if combat tree affects the game

aaa.jpg

31 minutes ago, fnukafka said:

1st day after wipe and players killing t7 - t10 monster i dont thing so 

He didn’t say first day. He said days after. Video was posted Jan 9th. Wipe was in December (don’t know date). 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, fnukafka said:

Zybak was pretty notorious around that time for having crazy good weapons and killing random new players who had bad white gear.  At the time of this video weapons were also much stronger than they are now and assassins had a bug where their damage was basically doubled.

Without being there in the time and place of when this footage was taken you have no idea what it represents.

You should find the Zybak Q&A with ACE where they announced the nerf to weapon damage and the bug fix for assassins, Zybak had a pretty good facial reaction when he heard it.

Edited by Hungry

On 6/27/2019 at 3:43 AM, DrakanoWOW said:

@J Todd Coleman : You are in a position right now that you can choose. 

1.)Do I make the group of people who dropped some money on me in the very beginning happy?

2.)Do I make the decision to bring in new, fresh strong blood! Players who will play the large scale game?

3.) Am I happy with the less than 100 player base that keep fighting for Keeps!

4.) If you want millions to play this game stop catering to the small few initial backers and make decisions that are best for the game!

5.) For the love of everything holy please bring back the population. #Save Crowfall. 

Being pre-alpha, asking to bring back the population is a premature request, really. 

The problems can not be laid at the feet of the passive tree, or even the current gear divide.  There are several that I can see right off the top, that need to be addressed before Beta, which is the correct time to "bring back the population".

1. New player experience. The forced interdependence has created may points of "can't go forward at all without another player/group", VERY early in the players experience.  This has to be addressed, and is being worked on now.
  2. Throne war.  There are not enough mechanics in place to make it interesting. No "Longest Road (Settlers of Catan)" equivalents, no victory points for anything but keeps/forts and camps. Without some TLC into what is effectively the RTS elements of the game, it's not really delivering on it's promise as a conquest/dominance game that has ways to deal with Uncle Bob.
  3. Performance.  With zone caps where they are (low), and players still experiencing issues after the 5.8 controller update in group combat, the user experience from that point of view could not survive if thousands of players all decided to show up and start playing.
  4. Bands (or the Dregs).  A big part of why things in the faction world are so skewed, is the players that would normally run in dregs, and occupying the faction bands.
  5. Quality/power filters.  When those come into play, segregating the white geared from the purple will be possible.  Right now, not so much.

There are simply too many missing pieces still to "bring back the population". It would be like opening a mall with no stores.  

I think when enough of the above are fixed, especially item 1, more of the "lookie loos" will stick around longer than it takes them to hit the first stopper and quit.