Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hunt

Full wipe ETA?

inquiring-minds-want-to-know-2.20.18.png

Edit-

Sorry, I should have been alittle more clear. I'm not asking for the devs to wipe today, tomorrow or next week. I'm only asking for a estimated full wipe date for anyone that is not interested in playing the game right now until one happens.

A full wipe will eventually happen, just curious if anything tentative on the calendar yet.

Edited by Hunt

47 minutes ago, Surelia said:

Is it about playing the game or testing a game in development. thats the key misinterpretation atm, because it feels too much beta.

3 hours ago, Staff said:

what is it with people and wanting a wipe? the only thing i wanna wipe is the forums of these posts

So first of all @Staff please forgive me for what I am about to sayThe only reason you don't want a wipe is because you are maxed on Offensive & Defensive skills. The rest of the population and potential population Is not. The game would benefit so much by a wipe because we would all be at the same point instead of all the players who are so high up on the passive offensive and defensive tree! There is another option give all players(CUSTOMERS) 100% of all passive offensive and defensive skill. 

Edited by DrakanoWOW

2 minutes ago, DrakanoWOW said:

So first of all @Staff please forgive me for what I am about to sayThe only reason you don't want a wipe is because you are maxed on Offensive & Defensive skills. The rest of the population and potential population Is not. The game would benefit so much by a wipe because we would all be at the same point instead of all the players who are so high up on the passive offensive and defensive tree! There is another option give all players(CUSTOMERS) 100% of all passive offensive and defensive skill. 

So I don't think Staff is as far as some on his training. I don't think he was playing right at the start of this currently wipe which was back in the middle of December. Hell, I've had my training going since then and am not "capped" on training.

C4sIZDW.gif

18 minutes ago, DrakanoWOW said:

im not maxed on mail, leather, or plate training, and i have 0 weapon training, the game will die even harder with a wipe

hoayaga2.jpg

14 minutes ago, Staff said:

im not maxed on mail, leather, or plate training, and i have 0 weapon training, the game will die even harder with a wipe

maybe the game will be harder but it will be more about the party than if you can kill almost anything as an individual.

#wipethepassives #answer #future

aaa.jpg

37 minutes ago, Phylor.the.Jester said:

So I don't think Staff is as far as some on his training. I don't think he was playing right at the start of this currently wipe which was back in the middle of December. Hell, I've had my training going since then and am not "capped" on training.

I have capped armor tree, leather tree, 20+% in both plate and mail, and doing weapons atm - I started when the servers opened in december, and haven't missed a day.

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

17 minutes ago, fnukafka said:

maybe the game will be harder but it will be more about the party than if you can kill almost anything as an individual.

#wipethepassives #answer #future

#No #JustGetGood #StopBegging

hoayaga2.jpg

Wiping at this time without a HUGE content upgrade or big change in structure/rules would be a mistake.  It's not about equality it's about testing and working out what works. Maybe by having a divergent range of skill levels will show up where some changes need to be made once the game goes beta. 

a full wipe wouldn’t really bother me.  I’m probably as trained as you can be.  I’ve maxed out a few times but not for long.  I do think it should be some major upgrade point though and not randomly in the middle of nowhere when you have to turn around and wipe again after a major upgrade.

If we wipe now what do we do when another new player asks for a wipe in two months? It’s the nature of a time gated passive training system, someone is always going to be behind no matter how much effort they put in. The design has changed so much since Kickstarter it doesn’t make much sense anymore. I would like to see the passive system removed and offload those skills/attributes to the the active leveling/talent system.

The remaining active player population hasn't suffered enough?

What with the PvE XP grinding of higher tier vessels, extreme difficulty acquiring discs, gold that has little to no value, inventory problems, increasingly complex crafting and looted item requirements not to mention the frustrating assembly failures that seem to happen more than a 2% chance. 

I forgot to mention the armor and jewelry durability bugs from a couple patches ago that broke most people's stuff. Once upon a time EK's were bursting with activity and there was the beginning of an active economy and trade. Now they seem to serve no purpose.

Why wipe now until some of these things are fixed? Let them implement the big changes to inventory/spirit bank import/export/guild banks and get back on track with development after going off the rails. There's no reason to wipe until then.

I've been around for a couple of full resets. It has never changed who wins and who looses. The only thing it's done is chase off players.

The try-hard guilds that are willing to neck beard their way to vessels and gear will have their all of their core players to lv30 with full advanced gear in less than 24 hours. Within 3 days, green gear will be flowing and the war tribe bosses & ancient mobs will be on farm status. As soon as availability of discs make blue vessels practical, they'll be rolled out.

On the other side of the fence, you'll have the players unwilling to farm mats until they have skills to make it worth their time, so they sit out waiting for the passives. By the time they have the skills to efficiently farm, they're too far behind on the gear & vessel curve to compete in battle. When they finally think they're in good shape with quality 1st Gen stuff, the neck beards will be pushing into 3rd Gen.

Resets do not level the field, they skew it. If you want to level the field, give the typical guild time to skill up and get into 3rd Gen gear. The try-hards & veterans can't get any better than capped. Right now, everyone else is closing the gap.

The discussion about when the next wipe will happen is still underway.

It's not a decision we make lightly. As you can see from this thread alone, there are a lot of strong feelings around it, so no matter what we do and when we do it a sector of the community will be unhappy. We read all of your comments and understand why you feel the way you do about the situation. 

Things we take into consideration include how many players will be affected and to what extent, if there is a game mechanic change that warrants a wipe, how long it's been since the last wipe and what development changes are in the pipeline that may warrant another wipe in the near future. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I think a lot of people are waiting for the expected full wipe/6.0 to sink their time into the game again. I'm looking forward to such a wipe, as it'll allow a lot of the newer players (especially those who want to craft) to get on a level where they feel they're useful. Nothing makes one want to stop playing a game more, than if they feel useless. 

This is the problem of the technical tree when you come later you are absolutely nothing.
Some people what I know enjoy crafting, trading, ghatering, economy, but they can't enjoy the game when they don't have a chance made something good and sell (they are active every day but their skill depends on the technical tree. If they spend more time actively does not help them) ... when will be wipe this people what is nothing buy 2 more account because he already knows that the game is pushing them. 

#CrowfallEconomy #CrowfallOpenForNewPlayer #CrowfallCare #Crowfalln.1

aaa.jpg

I'd rather not have a wipe until the absolute final wipe myself.  I know that's unrealistic to expect but that is my wish.  By wipe I mean the passive skill tree wipe and its not because I am maxed on everything cause I am so not.  I got a very late start so am quite far behind the power curve of some of these players but I am finally starting to get my passive training to a point that feels good and a training wipe would totally suck right now.  I'm not one of these entitled players that think they should be on equal footing with the vets from day one so that's a terrible argument to me.  I love the passive tree system myself.  Patience young grasshoppers. :):)  I will say this.  I do have big plans for after the final wipe so I wait with anticipation for that but any training wipes before to me are dumb unless specifically needed to test a specific thing cause this is only testing after all.  :)  until that much anticipated final wipe I am merely learning the game and dabbling in it a little here and there.  Nothing to serious.  :):)  

7 hours ago, ZombieGandhi said:

I think a lot of people are waiting for the expected full wipe/6.0 to sink their time into the game again. I'm looking forward to such a wipe, as it'll allow a lot of the newer players (especially those who want to craft) to get on a level where they feel they're useful. Nothing makes one want to stop playing a game more, than if they feel useless. 

I think this is a great argument not to wipe right now until there is some catch-up mechanic or whatever system they design so that new players don't feel completely left behind. 

But I think there is plenty for new players to do currently.

I am selling food, for instance, on a vendor in Srathor's Lawn. It takes 0 skill training to craft food and minimal training to get enough skill to place a vendor. Why aren't more players doing this? I guess they don't care about earning gold because....what is there to spend the gold on?

Inputs for crafted items such as coal and lacing sinew are using in armor crafting. 0 skill required to craft those items but they are like a commodity and will always be in demand. A skilled blacksmith doesn't want to waste time crafting those items (eventually thralls will do it in batches, hopefully). 

Ok so you don't have any mining/quarrying skill training?? Well, consider that you can add foreman to your white vessel for cheap and serve as the foreman to group up with another skilled player and hit some motherlodes. Work out a deal to share the materials.

There are still things for new players to do that contributes to the economy and the overall goal of winning the campaign. They just need more feedback/guidance on what those things are. A wipe doesn't accomplish that. The tips/new player experience is still a work in progress.

17 minutes ago, Hud said:

I think this is a great argument not to wipe right now until there is some catch-up mechanic or whatever system they design so that new players don't feel completely left behind. 

But I think there is plenty for new players to do currently.

I am selling food, for instance, on a vendor in Srathor's Lawn. It takes 0 skill training to craft food and minimal training to get enough skill to place a vendor. Why aren't more players doing this? I guess they don't care about earning gold because....what is there to spend the gold on?

Inputs for crafted items such as coal and lacing sinew are using in armor crafting. 0 skill required to craft those items but they are like a commodity and will always be in demand. A skilled blacksmith doesn't want to waste time crafting those items (eventually thralls will do it in batches, hopefully). 

Ok so you don't have any mining/quarrying skill training?? Well, consider that you can add foreman to your white vessel for cheap and serve as the foreman to group up with another skilled player and hit some motherlodes. Work out a deal to share the materials.

There are still things for new players to do that contributes to the economy and the overall goal of winning the campaign. They just need more feedback/guidance on what those things are. A wipe doesn't accomplish that. The tips/new player experience is still a work in progress.

only the rich will be rich and experience crafters or miners will be rich because nobody will buy green ore or resource. new players will be w8 about 1 year to farm epic or legendary items. 

1 legendary person can kill alone RB and drop him 100k gold  (15 min time)
1 white person can kill one npc and drop him 20 gold (3 min) 100 000 : 3 = 33333 min  - nice balance

for full legendary disciplines u will need 1,2 M gold if u will buy in vendor 

i not seen any balance in tech tree maybe i am blind.

aaa.jpg