80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a wipe?

• Yes,full wipe.
    • Yes,but only skill tree.
    • Yes,but only banks.
    • Yes,but only characters.
    • Yes,but only skill tree and banks.
    • Yes,but only characters and banks.
    • Yes,but only skill tree and characters.
    • No.
    • I don't care.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.  Getting that passive skill tree up is a pain. I get it, game releases there'll be a wipe. Fine.

For now, while still testing?  You're just going to frustrate your more experienced people, whom I might add will be the ones

who will most likely be responsible for helping get the play economy up and running.  That's if there's a game left.

5 minutes ago, binny45 said:

You're just going to frustrate your more experienced people

i thing we ar on testing stage

#love Crowfall     #Save Crowfall     Crowfall#1     #wipe 

aaa.jpg

2 minutes ago, fnukafka said:

i thing we ar on testing stage

#love Crowfall     #Save Crowfall     Crowfall#1     #wipe 

Exactly! There's no need for a wipe yet.  If they keep resetting the game, how in the hell are we supposed to test it all?

If they want to go ahead with a wipe, fine.  But I want my refund.  I didn't pay for the game to become the current steaming pile of garbage it is now.

7 minutes ago, binny45 said:

Exactly! There's no need for a wipe yet.  If they keep resetting the game, how in the hell are we supposed to test it all?

If they want to go ahead with a wipe, fine.  But I want my refund.  I didn't pay for the game to become the current steaming pile of garbage it is now.

point is we want open passive tree for everione if we ar testing

aaa.jpg

there was so much stuff changed also loads of old "overtuned" items still around...

we need to test early game with all changes also, because this game is having more resets/earlygame phases on campaigns u know. this is the game concept.

Bbhm5iJ.jpg

Just now, fnukafka said:

point is we want open passive tree for everione if we ar testing

What? You want it maxed starting off? That I don't care about.

Having everyone starting off at zero? No thanks.

26 minutes ago, srathor said:

They should wipe it all on live.  And go to 1x speed training and see the reactions.  Keep the data for the trained on Test. But wipe all gear and banks on test as well. With free mats and training Test could be used to.... well... TEST!

No no no no—

in the current grindfest if you have ANYTHING at all you WORKED FOR IT.

if they wipe now— I’m done.

I don’t have the energy to do this again.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

I frankly don't care. I've been there and know how it plays out. Those willing to play the game in front of them, and play to crush, will continue to win.

The only thing good that would come from a wipe is all the salty tears from those that thought it would suddenly make them better at the game.

Wipe. We are playing in a test phase if you are here playing thinking this is a live game and there would not be wipes, that is on you. Sorry if you are new to testing or just ignorant to how things work, but especially in Alphas there should be wipes as things are added and removed. In a BETA test you would hope all of this would be lessened, and of course prior to live a complete re-set should be done in order to allow all players to start at the same time. Older players will have a knowledge advantage, but with Twitch and Youtube that is pretty minimized.

Of course you could always boost new players to a comparable place as the average veteran account (speaking to going live) but I would bet it is easier just to start everyone at square one.

1 hour ago, PaleOne said:

No no no no—

in the current grindfest if you have ANYTHING at all you WORKED FOR IT.

if they wipe now— I’m done.

I don’t have the energy to do this again.

The problem is having such a grindfest during pre-alpha. Would be nice if ACE had access to all these grind knobs and dials they have previously said that they could adjust on the fly. Sure makes a great impression on new players as well.... oh what players....

9 minutes ago, whisky said:

Wipe. We are playing in a test phase if you are here playing thinking this is a live game and there would not be wipes, that is on you. Sorry if you are new to testing or just ignorant to how things work, but especially in Alphas there should be wipes as things are added and removed.

That isn't exactly a reason for a wipe. That is a reason why people shouldn't be upset about it if there was a wipe.

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)

Making sure nobody is ever in an imbalanced training or gear state isn't a great way to test the finalized design. Making sure nobody has to grind is not a good way to determine if the grind is too harsh.

The finalized design will be in an imbalanced training and gear state 100% of the time. The finalized design will have a grind that starts at zero whether you started on launch day or started a year after launch day.

You don't want a wipe for testing purposes. You want a wipe because you are more concerned with winning in an alpha than making sure we have a solid progression balance in live.

A wipe will not patch your inability to win fights. Your inability to win fights has more to do with the unwipable experience and knowledge of the people beating you than it has to do with skill points. Those same people will beat you just as easily the day after a wipe because they've assigned tasks and developed highly efficient gear development strategies and highly optimized group combat specs.

When you call for a wipe for 'balancing' reasons you aren't helping test. You're actually hurting testing, and making it more difficult to determine if new players dropped in to a field of long term players need a buff.

I'm perfectly happy with a wipe or no wipe, I don't care that much, but I'm getting a bit sick of the BS reasoning that we need to have "accelerated testing" or that "everyone needs to be on even footing" to get valuable test data.

Neither of these things is true, and neither of these things is actually helpful for testing.

The only reasons to wipe are foundational system changes that would result in inaccessible or incompatible content to affect the environment.

If you said 'we need to wipe disciplines because crafting disciplines are gone' you'd be right. If you're saying "maybe passive trees should have a smaller effect so there's not as big a difference between trained and untrained players" that's also a conversation worth debate. These address the live testing state and its ramifications for the design of the game.

If you say "we need to wipe everything because other peoplehave things and I don't" you're not helping make getting them less grindy and you're doing nothing to make the game better for people who will be in your situation in the future. This thinking doesn't address the design of the live testing state and only makes it more likely, not less, that the divide between newbie and established players you seem to think is so debilitating remains just as debilitating.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"