80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a wipe?

• Yes,full wipe.
    • Yes,but only skill tree.
    • Yes,but only banks.
    • Yes,but only characters.
    • Yes,but only skill tree and banks.
    • Yes,but only characters and banks.
    • Yes,but only skill tree and characters.
    • No.
    • I don't care.

we're gonna wipe when 6.0 happens, if you wipe now then wipe in like 3 weeks you will kill the tester base even more unless you added something huge like dregs or frostweaver, then people might stay around and endure the punishment with an ever growing hatred for anyone who has ever said the word wipe

hoayaga2.jpg

6.0 is basically release if they are going by the previous gameplan. As in no more wipes. (That may have changed) 

I would want a wipe because they have not had one for skills in many many months.  And we have not had a 1x training speed in a year or more. If they are going to go live and have no more wipes they need to see how people are going to react to the x1 long drawn out start. And they need to see that before psudorelease. 

Also they have drastically changed many many items quality and power and we have many legacy items and vessels from before. They need to go. 

Also I want a wipe because I am not playing and I want all of you to suffer. :)

23 minutes ago, srathor said:

6.0 is basically release if they are going by the previous gameplan. As in no more wipes. (That may have changed) 

That is not true. 6.0 is Alpha, followed by Beta, followed by the final wipe before Soft Launch.

IhhQKY6.gif

I'd say full wipe assuming we're getting a patch with quite a few changes like item drops. I also agree we need to have real time 1x training to start simulating a launch environment. The gear we've been using is essentially lightsabers and laser guns when in reality the launch experience is going to be us throwing rocks and hitting each other with sticks. 

There's also a pretty big backlog of problematic legacy items.

Hopefully they can patch in the Frostweaver backend stuff so they don't have to re-wipe shortly after. 

16 hours ago, Jah said:

That isn't exactly a reason for a wipe. That is a reason why people shouldn't be upset about it if there was a wipe.

When things are added or removed...

It makes sense if you read the entire post.

Wipes should only happen, if there is a patch that requires a wipe. For example to test the economy from scratch, to test player progression from scratch etc. There should not be a wipe just because people want to play the alpha to win, and cant compete with those that have been around for awhile. We aint here to win alpha, were here to test the game, find bugs provide feedback. We can worry bout winning when the game launches. 

7 minutes ago, Yungregz said:

We aint here to win alpha, were here to test the game, find bugs provide feedback. We can worry bout winning when the game launches. 

Its just too bad that the dev's are not working on the 'live' game server version. In fact they probably are not working much on the 'test' server version after releasing it. Having this 24/7 live test thing going on is silly really since we don't really have a game to play and don't really have a game to test.