Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zlickda

Farming in the EK

Posted (edited)

I have been expanding my EK with common resources funneled to me from my guild. My question is that if I use greens or blues does it increase the rank of the farmable resources? I am personally farming better mats but if someone has an answer it'd help to know if I'm better of not using better resource on an EK parcel. Thank you

Edited by Zlickda

ek is limited to knotwood, slag and cobblestone.

higher ressources are found in Gods Reach <Rank6.

>Rank6 only in campaigns.

this is for now and i guess it will stay like that

4 hours ago, Zlickda said:

I have been expanding my EK with common resources funneled to me from my guild. My question is that if I use greens or blues does it increase the rank of the farmable resources? I am personally farming better mats but if someone has an answer it'd help to know if I'm better of not using better resource on an EK parcel. Thank you

Resource quality has no effect on the ek stuff. You’ll never get better resources to farm. Have to risk playing with the other kids 

Ace hasn't really let us know what we're going to do with our EKs beyond personal crafting stations, scrim battles & the odd vendor mall.

There has been a talk of some optional Farmville action on the farm plots, carrots, potatoes & the like, possibly manufacturing once that's implemented, and long term player and guild storage, but nothing that would replace the existing open world harvesting.

9 hours ago, Zlickda said:

[...] if I use greens or blues does it increase the rank of the farmable resources? [...]

As the others said, no. Not now, not later.

If you interested in this topic, here are some additional infomations:

Parcels And Resource Ranks

Resource quality usually depends on the danger-rating of a parcel. A while ago they implemented tech that allow them to make resource levels technically independent from the parcel level, but the basic rule stays. The original concept introduced world-bands with the same basic danger-scope; from low to high: Eternal Kingdoms -> God's Reach -> The Infected -> The Shadows -> The Dregs.

e82f79735a8d45f031328d57e285d3c3125d9e1e

Though the concept slightly changed, the principle stays true. The worlds (campaings) in each world band have a specific danger level, within the danger-scope of the world band. When a world gets generated procedurally, it's danger level gets defined and the system assigns corresponding levels to the parcels. The dioramas (NPC and resource spawners) get distributed according (near) to the parcel level.
(You can read more about in this exclusive article at mmorpg.com. It's three years old, but the basics are still true.)

Since Eternal Kingdoms have the lowest danger level, the resource levels are also the lowest within the universe. Currently this means basic resources as standard resources in EK's.

Higher Ranked Nodes In EK's

Theoretically the principles would allow EK's to provide Rank 1 non-basic resources. IF their value turns out to be so low, that nobody cares about them anymore. (Actually this kind of already happened. Because some versions earlier, the first non-basic resource was not white, but black and white was already the Rank 2 non-basic resource.) One problem is that players are meant to join campaign worlds. They don't need to, if they find everything in their EK's. And of course the PvP players complain if they don't get enough victims (and usually they complain louder than the harvesters and crafters and monarchs ;) ).

Besides that, ACE mentioned the possibility that they are not completely against the idea that players may be able to salvage (or win) special seeds in the open campaign worlds, that may allow players to plant special trees in their EK's which will provide higher ranking wood (with a limited resource amount or life time). And the same for the other resources.

We didn't get any new informations about these for several years now, but these are things that have been in the talks. Saying that one day a higher ranking resource parcel would be needed to offer slots to place such seeds would be pure speculation. ;)

Parcel Ranks In EK's

I actually don't know if we currently can craft rank 2 or rank 3 parcels. If so, it would have to be done via the quality of the used resources/materials. If we can't do it now, then it is in the making. The whole parcel system is still in the works. Some rank 2 / rank 3 stronghold parcels already exist, though (via backer rewards). Higher ranking stronghold parcels provide more building token than it's lower version. See this list (colors do NOT refer to the resource quality):

6qeDF3A.jpg

Wether resource parcels will also be available with different rank, we don't know yet.

Deeds And Ranks

Building parts can have different ranks, depending on the quality of the used resources/materials. With higher quality, wall parts will provide additional upgrade options during placement.

UpgradeScreenshot.jpg

You can find out more about this in this newsletter about battlements.

tl;dr: No non-basic resouces in the EK's at the momen. And as a general rule, higher qualities of EK assets are most likely to (more or less) solely improve Quality-of-Life aspects within the EK's, but won't provide direct benefits that would significantly lower the necessity to visit campaign worlds.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

I would actually like to see EK parcels granting non-basic resources as it would be nice to build towards. With the currently unlimited spirit bank I don't see how it would upset pvp as all goods get banked on the fly. I guess I'm missing something.

9 hours ago, touchmybow said:

With the currently unlimited spirit bank I don't see how it would upset pvp as all goods get banked on the fly. I guess I'm missing something.

Wait until the embargo comes back, it's slated for sometime in the 5.100 cycle. The Spirit Bank's days are numbered.

Kraahk, what's the point in buying parcels and expanding the EK if i can't have non-common resources ? I don't need tons of space for vendors and rank 1 resources are for the first 5 or 10 levels.

If I'm right, at a certain point of the game we can craft the parcels, so why we have to spend real money to get only parcels with rank 1 resources ? It's the entire concept of expanding EK that is nonsense to me.

I know there's "The Wonderful PVP" , but the description of the game say i can be a merchant or a crafter. But as i see and read here or in the game, if I don't do pvp, I can't be anything, because the resources I need are in the pvp territories .

In this way only pvp-oriented players are encouraged to develop.

In this way you can lose a large part of pve-oriented players, only because they will be constantly attacked by pvp players during the collection of resources. And not all players want to play in a guild to be protected. I see so many possibilities but just as many forcing in the individual playing method.

This is still my humble opinion.

On 7/11/2019 at 7:57 AM, touchmybow said:

I would actually like to see EK parcels granting non-basic resources as it would be nice to build towards. With the currently unlimited spirit bank I don't see how it would upset pvp as all goods get banked on the fly. I guess I'm missing something.

I dont mind if it meets a couple requirements

Parcels with non basic resources must be obtained from Campaign worlds in some way either item dropped via boss mobs such as a Copper Mine cave or earned from resource gathering higher level nodes in EK at super rare drop rate, Can be like a Copper Crystal and this can be an addictive to a Mine Parcel.

The resource from EK parcels need to have a long respawn of like 8hrs or so, This mean you cant farm them instead of the campiagn world however you can pop in and quickly harvested the nodes each day for some little bit of resources.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

On 8/3/2019 at 9:08 AM, R4D4MANTYS said:

Kraahk, what's the point in buying parcels and expanding the EK if i can't have non-common resources ?

If you would have asked me one or two years ago, I would have been able to answer and the answer would have been simple (though it would be accurate anymore). But since then too many things changed or have still not been decided, while the rest of the game went on in it's development.

Right now I can't even tell what "the point in buying/creating parcels and expanding the EK's" could be "in general".

Basically EK's are primarily meant for Guild housing, though. That much has been made clear. Wether they will make sense for solo players or community hubs, let alone for harvesters or even crafters ... that's a question I can't even try to answer seriously (anymore) at the current state. Not good, but that's how it is.

we can craft the parcels, so why we have to spend real money to get only parcels with rank 1 resources ?

We don't have to. If you want to, you can do so. For example to cut corners and save some time. But nobody has to. If you have a reason, you have a reason. If not, not. As simple as that.

The more interesting question could be if they want us to buy parcels right now ... or even later. Currently for me they seem to be in the same pocket as VIP tickets: Things they already offer, with nobody knowing what they will get out of it, so ACE don't really encourage to buy them -- things they will need to work on to make them important to players, so they will buy them once this work is done ... later.

the description of the game say i can be a merchant or a crafter. But as i see and read here or in the game, if I don't do pvp, I can't be anything, because the resources I need are in the pvp territories .

In this way only pvp-oriented players are encouraged to develop.

Your logic is incomplete.

Because PvP oriented players need equipment made by crafters, who need resources from harvester, both distributed by merchants.

As a non-pvp'er you don't need to do PvP. You may get better resources more easily, but you don't have to. Sure, in campaigns with no imports you will have to at least join the PvP world. Doesn't mean you need to fight. But the more risk you take, the higher the possible rewards will be. That's one of the basic game principles.

If someone wants all for nothing, to be the best with no effort, to be complete indipendent from others, yes, then this game may simply be the wrong game.
You can either join the more dangerous worlds and get the best resources there on your own, or (staying in the EK's or harmless Campaigns) you can simply trade with people who do (which will also be those who need the best equipment). Or you join them as their protected crafter in the more risky campaigns. Or, or, or.

Their will always be a certain effort to reach the top. No matter from which side you climb the mountain.

In this way you can lose a large part of pve-oriented players, only because they will be constantly attacked by pvp players during the collection of resources. And not all players want to play in a guild to be protected.

See, it's not that I don't agree. I do. It's just that I don't see this issue as a whole being solved anytime soon.

Even though actually parts of this issue complex already have been addressed. The original vision called this game pure PvP game with no PvE at all. Not a game for non-pvp'ers at all. This has changed in parts.

There is a PvE environment, originally only meant to increase the danger level of campaigns, now providing important resources.
There are safe worlds, safe maps, safe zones with no PvP and they can be used to gain materials (like chaos embers) that have a high trade value, without ever going anywhere near danger.
There is no general need anymore to reach a stronghold in a PvP campaign, in order to be able to craft.

Just some examples. So it can't be said that they don't do anything about it. Dows it work out? I am not sure. One of the problems is, the more PvE friendly the game-in-development becomes, the more PvE people join. The more join, the more complaints about not-enough PvE opportunities arise. The more PvE opportunities ACE adds, the more it appears that they leave the path of their original vision and the more the PvP oriented players start complaining, because they can't just PvP anymore.

So it's a complicated issue and not solved by simply saying or doing this or that. Of course sharing our opinions is important and in my experience ACE is very good in listening to them. But there are a lot of opinions and points of view and only a limited amount of resources and time.

We'll see where it goes. ;)

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Posted (edited)

Todd also responded favorably to the idea of somehow gaining limited use "seeds" within campaigns that would allow adding consumable higher ranked nodes or mob spawners to EKs. Basically think of getting a campaign reward or piece of loot that allowed you to "plant" say an r8 ore node, but that ore node would only stick around for a limited amount of harvests or limited amount of time, ot a mob spawner that only spawned a limited amount of mobs before it was used up.

What he doesn't want is people having an unlimited source of high tier materials they can farm in their EK, but he went on record as saying he does want actual gameplay in EKS beyond just socializing and trading, but that it can not interfere with the concept of campaign play being the original source of everything of value.

Personally I'd like to see this system implemented in such a way that these spawns are simply released to the EK as a form of "energy" and randomly assigned a spawn location based on parcels present on the map. This would allow enterprising EK developers to do stuff like running a real persistant world and using people's rent to buy spawners whiile running a pvp server with sieges and stuff. Pay rent, get access to safe high quality farms, and the owner has a sustainable business and the title of "Ruler of the realm" has some weight.

That goal, the ability to run a real and fully featured persistant world with its wealth fueled by campaign play is the initial promise of EKS. It creates an endgame goal and resource outlet for players that want to flex by running their own little military dictatorship full of serfs that could easily be crafters or harvesters. If they're successful enough their military victories could allow them to use this setup to function as a purely military enterprise with a pve-only and crafting wing of renters that simply inhabit their kingdom and pay their dues to the lord.

A high functioning carebear could run an EK business empire without ever stepping foot in a campaign this way as as long as they pay their taxes. Set up this way even those EKs may experience some pretty high stakes politics and social backstabbing among the peasantry that could support a subset of pve-only players or even EK only pvp players depending on they type of world the chad campaign army wants to create.

That's real ultimate power. Using all those campaign wins to be effectively god of a functioning server.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

On 8/9/2019 at 10:08 PM, Marth said:

I see no reason why eks shouldnt have the same tier of resources as gr or beachhead

There really is no difference between EK having it and GR having it.

No limit on exports, no PvP.

Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2019 at 10:08 PM, Marth said:

I see no reason why eks shouldnt have the same tier of resources as gr or beachhead

IMO, GR & temple both offer too much without risk vs what we can get in the CWs.

They are however a limited resource. Before the campaign, when the entire playerbase was recovering from the wipe, GR was already stressed as a source of resources, and competition within the single faction was happening after only a week; loot sniping, harvest node sniping, as well as cairn looting. In an environment with more players (1000?) GR would be stripped bare.

If every EK offered high end resources, they would be unlimited.

Edited by VaMei

1 hour ago, VaMei said:

IMO, GR & temple both offer too much without risk vs what we can get in the CWs.

They are however a limited resource. Before the campaign, when the entire playerbase was recovering from the wipe, GR was already stressed as a source of resources, and competition within the single faction was happening after only a week; loot sniping, harvest node sniping, as well as cairn looting. In an environment with more players (1000?) GR would be stripped bare.

I think you missed his point.

1 hour ago, VaMei said:

nah bruh eks should have em

On 8/9/2019 at 7:08 PM, Marth said:

I think they could, IF it was a crafted limited spawner that required something from a Campaign to keep the loop going.

Having a private instance with unlimited resources isn't really within the community-based concept of Crowfall. GR (NPE) and beachhead (starter or fallback point) both have gameplay reasons to exist and the designers can always control the type and amount of resources available in each.

tiPrpwh.png

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, miraluna said:

I think they could, IF it was a crafted limited spawner that required something from a Campaign to keep the loop going.

Having a private instance with unlimited resources isn't really within the community-based concept of Crowfall. GR (NPE) and beachhead (starter or fallback point) both have gameplay reasons to exist and the designers can always control the type and amount of resources available in each.

Is it within the pvp-based concept of Crowfall?

The reason we didn't have it in EKs before was because we didnt have all these safe zones before. Now we do.

If you don't think EK's can build communities then I don't think you understand why people want EKs to have all this stuff, its to attract players, not to play solo.

Edited by Ussiah

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

If you don't think EK's can build communities then I don't think you understand why people want EKs to have all this stuff, its to attract players, not to play solo.

What I said was if it used something from the CWs, I wouldn't see an issue with it - and that would be great if guilds worked together in a CW to get items to export to build up a community EK.

I don't think it would be good for the game if every player maxed out an individual account EK for unlimited resource farming, and that is what min/max players would do :) 

Edit: 20 accounts, even more resources? Would get labeled as P2W most likely.

Edited by miraluna

tiPrpwh.png

On 8/14/2019 at 5:02 AM, miraluna said:

I don't think it would be good for the game if every player maxed out an individual account EK for unlimited resource farming, and that is what min/max players would do :) 

This gets back to what I was trying to say above. If a player has 50 ore nodes in his EK, not only is there no risk of PvP, there's no competition for those nodes.

Put the same 50 nodes in GR, with 100 players trying to farm them, no one is going to get much. It's not combat PvP, but there is competition for a limited resource.

Much of this debate, comparing GR to EK, is moot anyway. The only reason for the distribution of resources we're seeing in GR, and CW for that matter, is the current limits on the tech for world creation, and Ace has acknowledged the problem.

They will revisit world creation, and they want to add the ability to separate resource levels from mob levels, but getting Dregs running is a higher priority goal.