Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zlickda

Farming in the EK

Posted (edited)

I have been expanding my EK with common resources funneled to me from my guild. My question is that if I use greens or blues does it increase the rank of the farmable resources? I am personally farming better mats but if someone has an answer it'd help to know if I'm better of not using better resource on an EK parcel. Thank you

Edited by Zlickda

ek is limited to knotwood, slag and cobblestone.

higher ressources are found in Gods Reach <Rank6.

>Rank6 only in campaigns.

this is for now and i guess it will stay like that

4 hours ago, Zlickda said:

I have been expanding my EK with common resources funneled to me from my guild. My question is that if I use greens or blues does it increase the rank of the farmable resources? I am personally farming better mats but if someone has an answer it'd help to know if I'm better of not using better resource on an EK parcel. Thank you

Resource quality has no effect on the ek stuff. You’ll never get better resources to farm. Have to risk playing with the other kids 

Ace hasn't really let us know what we're going to do with our EKs beyond personal crafting stations, scrim battles & the odd vendor mall.

There has been a talk of some optional Farmville action on the farm plots, carrots, potatoes & the like, possibly manufacturing once that's implemented, and long term player and guild storage, but nothing that would replace the existing open world harvesting.

9 hours ago, Zlickda said:

[...] if I use greens or blues does it increase the rank of the farmable resources? [...]

As the others said, no. Not now, not later.

If you interested in this topic, here are some additional infomations:

Parcels And Resource Ranks

Resource quality usually depends on the danger-rating of a parcel. A while ago they implemented tech that allow them to make resource levels technically independent from the parcel level, but the basic rule stays. The original concept introduced world-bands with the same basic danger-scope; from low to high: Eternal Kingdoms -> God's Reach -> The Infected -> The Shadows -> The Dregs.

e82f79735a8d45f031328d57e285d3c3125d9e1e

Though the concept slightly changed, the principle stays true. The worlds (campaings) in each world band have a specific danger level, within the danger-scope of the world band. When a world gets generated procedurally, it's danger level gets defined and the system assigns corresponding levels to the parcels. The dioramas (NPC and resource spawners) get distributed according (near) to the parcel level.
(You can read more about in this exclusive article at mmorpg.com. It's three years old, but the basics are still true.)

Since Eternal Kingdoms have the lowest danger level, the resource levels are also the lowest within the universe. Currently this means basic resources as standard resources in EK's.

Higher Ranked Nodes In EK's

Theoretically the principles would allow EK's to provide Rank 1 non-basic resources. IF their value turns out to be so low, that nobody cares about them anymore. (Actually this kind of already happened. Because some versions earlier, the first non-basic resource was not white, but black and white was already the Rank 2 non-basic resource.) One problem is that players are meant to join campaign worlds. They don't need to, if they find everything in their EK's. And of course the PvP players complain if they don't get enough victims (and usually they complain louder than the harvesters and crafters and monarchs ;) ).

Besides that, ACE mentioned the possibility that they are not completely against the idea that players may be able to salvage (or win) special seeds in the open campaign worlds, that may allow players to plant special trees in their EK's which will provide higher ranking wood (with a limited resource amount or life time). And the same for the other resources.

We didn't get any new informations about these for several years now, but these are things that have been in the talks. Saying that one day a higher ranking resource parcel would be needed to offer slots to place such seeds would be pure speculation. ;)

Parcel Ranks In EK's

I actually don't know if we currently can craft rank 2 or rank 3 parcels. If so, it would have to be done via the quality of the used resources/materials. If we can't do it now, then it is in the making. The whole parcel system is still in the works. Some rank 2 / rank 3 stronghold parcels already exist, though (via backer rewards). Higher ranking stronghold parcels provide more building token than it's lower version. See this list (colors do NOT refer to the resource quality):

6qeDF3A.jpg

Wether resource parcels will also be available with different rank, we don't know yet.

Deeds And Ranks

Building parts can have different ranks, depending on the quality of the used resources/materials. With higher quality, wall parts will provide additional upgrade options during placement.

UpgradeScreenshot.jpg

You can find out more about this in this newsletter about battlements.

tl;dr: No non-basic resouces in the EK's at the momen. And as a general rule, higher qualities of EK assets are most likely to (more or less) solely improve Quality-of-Life aspects within the EK's, but won't provide direct benefits that would significantly lower the necessity to visit campaign worlds.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

I would actually like to see EK parcels granting non-basic resources as it would be nice to build towards. With the currently unlimited spirit bank I don't see how it would upset pvp as all goods get banked on the fly. I guess I'm missing something.

9 hours ago, touchmybow said:

With the currently unlimited spirit bank I don't see how it would upset pvp as all goods get banked on the fly. I guess I'm missing something.

Wait until the embargo comes back, it's slated for sometime in the 5.100 cycle. The Spirit Bank's days are numbered.