Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

War Story of the Week: KDS - Official discussion thread

Congratulations to Prom and KDS for sending in our War Story of the Week! 

When the catapults threaten to reduce the keep walls to rubble, KDS and their allies must decide whether to defensively hold their position or strike out in an offensive attack.

FULL STORY

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I am not a big fan of "war stories" replacing actual news in the News section.

I check in every week to see whats being worked on and the progress being made toward launch. These war stories should really be listed under media.

On 7/4/2019 at 9:49 AM, Toadwart said:

I am not a big fan of "war stories" replacing actual news in the News section.

We/I announced recently that we've shifted away from the steady Tues & Thursday news updates. (You'll find that announcement here if you missed it.) 

As for the War Stories, for now we're putting them out as News items; however, once the War Stories page design that's in progress now is completed, those stories will be published on that page with an announcement/link here and on social media. 

@Pann I understand less news coming out, but what about the July Q&A? I understand nothing in the first week with the 1st Thursday being the Fourth, but another week with no Q&A? Are we going to have to wait until July 18th? 

Are we really supposed to consider War Stories as news items? Going by your own definition

"The difference between them being that news items are geared more towards "big beats," juicy information with wide appeal to the masses while the blog posts will be information that's mostly of interest to the engaged player/tester community."

Sorry, I don't consider War Stories news. 

I've said in several threads now that the ACE Q&A for July is delayed due to scheduling conflicts. It's summertime. A lot of the team members have children that are out of school, so they are taking this opportunity to go on vacation. Currently, Todd himself is on a well-deserved vacation with his family. He'll be back next week and we'll get the ACE Q&A for July done then. 

I've heard many people say that they don't consider the WSotW to be newsworthy. Message received. Last week, I didn't put it on the front page, but reserve the right to go back to that as an option in the future should we see the need to do so.