Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

5.100 Snap Test Feedback Reports for 7/3/19

5.100 Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to The Bug Thread.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

"White quality disciplines can now be combined into higher quality disciplines."

This concerns me. It would seem to make Discipline runes trivial to get. I was really hoping for Shadowbane-style Discipline hunting. I have many fond memories of the small-scale PvP that happened around coveted Rune droppers.

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)

The new “snap to” aiming HUD is bad. I think ignorance was bliss for how janky the aiming is. It appears it’s just a display thing but it gives the game the feel of “soft aiming” or “aim assist” or whatever you want to call it.

unknown.png

Edited by blazzen

9 hours ago, blazzen said:

he new “snap to” aiming HUD is bad. I think ignorance was bliss for how janky the aiming is. It appears it’s just a display thing but it gives the game the feel of “soft aiming” or “aim assist” or whatever you want to call it.

I need to see it on healer trying to land rescue in 20+ fight...

11 hours ago, Jah said:

"White quality disciplines can now be combined into higher quality disciplines."

This concerns me. It would seem to make Discipline runes trivial to get. I was really hoping for Shadowbane-style Discipline hunting. I have many fond memories of the small-scale PvP that happened around coveted Rune droppers.

Well, not exactly trivial, as the Disciplines still don't behave like other items on right click, having to drag each one from the vendor to Inventory then confirm the payment with a click, rinse repeat, then the same when crafting, drag each one to the craft UI ...... I have now lost the use of my right arm for at least 2 hours and I only made it to blue !

12 hours ago, Jah said:

Hoping this is just a temp thing for testing purposes. So many people running around without minors they aren’t really testing. 

This new dizzy screen animation is going to cause all sorts of FPS issues in a game that already suffers from FPS issues. It’s excessive. Was this tested at all or did someone have a fun weekend trip and decided we should all get more groovy?

Posted (edited)

like the dizzy animation, but also have the concern about possible performance issues.

also the real blind looks nice and is now a "real" threat.

i like the new discipline availability, no need to farm your disc, but need to farm gold ;)

unknown.png

maybe a vendor for each quality is better then let ppl do drag and drop for hours!?

Edited by Surelia

Posted (edited)

Leveled one character to 30 with dust to test.  Leveled one character by hand, with nothing at all from the test vendors.  Went 1-21 in 2 hours, and had a spirit bank full of loot to sell/sacrifice.  The process feels a lot better than it used to, but it still isn't fun.  It's just a less onerous chore than it used to be.

I don't like the removal of the most popular minor runes.  

I don't like having only 8 (or 9 or 10) power slots.  On several classes, taking two good disciplines means you end up with 6+ powers you want to slot but don't have room for.

You also need to look at passive slots 3 (even 4 for humans/half-elves) is not enough, given that we are pretty much obliged to spend one on the promotion class capstone power.  Many of your minor disciplines offer nothing but a passive power.  Every major offers at least one passive as well, and you generally have a an additional class power and leadership on top.  If the class powers are integral to the class, they shouldn't take a passive slot.

Edit to add:  the new sticky targeting reticle sucks.  And did you really intend to put R8 resources in a God's Reach map with absolutely zero risk?

Edited by Durenthal

The auto target crosshairs thing is just irritating and provides no bonus to the game mechanics. Abilities still go where my mouse is pointed. Which is the way it should be for action combat...aim properly or fail miserably. Also very annoying when gathering.

The training grounds R6-8 should not make it to live for Gods Reach. Unless you make it a PvP ffa. Having GR only R5 and below was the right move let’s not take an unnecessary step back. Will remove a fair amount of player conflict from campaign.

Need toggle for tooltips ASAP. Would also be nice for a toggle on new map icons. They’re too large and clutter an already horrendous map screen (still rate it as the worst game map I’ve played ever...as in there is no second or third in comparison). 

Again seriously I really dislike the moving crosshairs and the new visuals. Way way way over done. Especially the latter. New meta is going to be spam blinds and dizzies. Taking the skill out of the game patch by patch. 

Blood stain effects just create a layer that applies to any texture/model in the area and looks like watered down paint on some models.
Perhaps see about making bloodstains only apply to terrain?

The Healing Flames from Burning Hatred now spawning as doober like objects can mean they can spawn extremely far from you, especially with hills or certain spawn momentums.
Also, they are VERY big compared to what they were. 
unknown.png

I am not a fan of the new targeting, the constant reticle movement without correlating to my mouse movement irritates my eyes and head.
It is also very deceptive and easy to lose targeting on certain harvest nodes. 
There's not really a reason for a player with no Healing or Abilities that Target Friendlies to have their target stick on a Friendly.
There's no option to turn this new setting off.

The change to the Harvest Powers doesn't quite make sense to me, I only ever used the 1 or 5 pip abilities before the change, now I am guessing it will only ever be 1 or 3.
Stamina was never enough of an issue to warrant using the 3, nor do I think it will be now that you can only get the Stamina gain every 5 pips.
Reduced the direct power of the skill by 25% from 40>30 but kept the Duration/Hits the same and reduced the Resource cost by 40% from 5>3?
Pls
The Skill page description for the baseline Energetic Harvest Ability was changed, however the Furious versions for Logger/Miner etc. were not.
The powers were changed though so that at  3 Pips Furious Mining is applied and 5 Pips the extra Stamina.

The visual effects for certain abilities such as the Ranger stake used by Satyr Rangers is a bit much.
Crowfall already suffers from having too much going on in terms of ground based effects and circles, it doesn't need more noise and clutter.
Could we get an option to turn the circles off? They aren't even part of the UI so when you turn off the HUD the circles still stay. 8*{

ScornofLife2.jpg

Posted (edited)

Bugs (so far)

• Ranger traps procs an insane amount of time and do crazy damage then (at least on dummies, don't have time yet to try outside)

Feedback

I really don't like this auto targeting crosshair, where is the game where skill prevail anything else? With this non sense thing you don't even need to care about having a crosshair anyway since everything will hit if the mechanic is linked to it. This suck and need to be removed, who the hell came with this idea? is this a call from players? because i don't think veterans ever asked for this. I know you try to make new players cumfortable but really this suck.

The feel of the new world without faction is so satisfactory, i like the design of the earth temple and the amazing work of @davegreco art put in perspective ingame.

Really looking forward the new stuff in 5.10 (except really this new targeting stuff)

Edited by Gorwald

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

57 minutes ago, Gorwald said:

Bugs (so far)

• Ranger traps procs an insane amount of time and do crazy damage then (at least on dummies, don't have time yet to try outside)

Feedback

I really don't like this auto targeting crosshair, where is the game where skill prevail anything else? With this non sense thing you don't even need to care about having a crosshair anyway since everything will hit if the mechanic is linked to it. This suck and need to be removed, who the hell came with this idea? is this a call from players? because i don't think veterans ever asked for this. I know you try to make new players cumfortable but really this suck.

The feel of the new world without faction is so satisfactory, i like the design of the earth temple and the amazing work of @davegreco art put in perspective ingame.

Really looking forward the new stuff in 5.10 (except really this new targeting stuff)

Targeting didnt change a bit but now you have VISUAL feedback who is your target.

The new targeting ui/reticule is a -horrible change.

This auto targeting is horrible due to body blocking and so on now means that you cant target the right players cause the target will jump all over the place and u can't anticipate things. This reticlue change is taking the randomness to a whole new level. This is a grp pvp game and now I have to guess who to hit

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Make the Promotion class passive just something that is on your character - not something you have to slot.  Having to slot it as a passive is just annoying and tbh horribly by design

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Losing Demon's Pact is kind of a big deal.  There are already too many hard choices to make and not enough slots for everything, why even bother taking discs if you can only have half the powers up?

Just reminder again on Confessor's "Feed the Flames" (+4m per 1 point extended range 0/3) skill ► not working in proper range/incorrect display/worse aiming with new targetting system