Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

5.100 Snap Test Feedback Reports for 7/3/19

6 hours ago, Craggin said:

Losing Demon's Pact is kind of a big deal.  There are already too many hard choices to make and not enough slots for everything, why even bother taking discs if you can only have half the powers up?

Reason to play the races with those extra slots now, If they do put them back they should should make them add extra slot to those races with the extra passive from there racial.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Heffer321 said:

Targeting didnt change a bit but now you have VISUAL feedback who is your target.

I've never needed a visual feedback of the target i have in front of me aka in front of my crosshair.

It's plain stupid, like Blazzen said it's just ignorance of the system.

Bugs 

1. When you start charged bow attack, the animation of an arrow fired launch making you feel like you actually fired it before charging
Edited by Gorwald

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Gorwald said:

Feedback

I really don't like this auto targeting crosshair, where is the game where skill prevail anything else? With this non sense thing you don't even need to care about having a crosshair anyway since everything will hit if the mechanic is linked to it. This suck and need to be removed, who the hell came with this idea? is this a call from players? because i don't think veterans ever asked for this. I know you try to make new players cumfortable but really this suck.

The feel of the new world without faction is so satisfactory, i like the design of the earth temple and the amazing work of @davegreco art put in perspective ingame.

Really looking forward the new stuff in 5.10 (except really this new targeting stuff)

i feel pretty agree with @Gorwald about the new auto targeting even if it's just a visual change the feeling it gives off is very strange. Furthermore, for hit weak point on harvesting it's pretty uncomfortable because u got 2 points to get the weak point. Really for harvest i think this new target visual is bad.

1562320161-two-aim-point.png

I didnt see it in the patch note but i feel like mounted pig had been nerf cause with an elken i feel run with trailmaster or mounted pig is the same thing and the difference between no buff and with a buff (trail or mounted) is too weak u feel like there is no difference.

The new icon to indicated the wartribes camp are good but there's too many of them one for all the camp will be better for clarity.

For the leveling expérience i try to level without help a knight a from 1 to 16 (what i can do in 1hour) it feels better than before.

however for the new system of loot on mobs i think it's the end of basic crafting but i make conclusion maybe a little bit faster, we'll see in some weeks if i'm rigth or not. And to finish with all these new loot i think u got to many item very fast . After 10 min my inventory was almost full .

1562320894-too-many-object.png

i know u can sacrifice or sell but if u leave the temple even with a free inventory u can be full in 15/20 min and i dont think it's a good feeling for players.

Maybe makes only white/green/blue for wartribes scroll can be a idea to decrease all these item or stop wartribes mob to give wood/ore/...

Edited by royo

I actually like the removal of demons pact/hand and fashion statement. Only downside classes wich pretty much MUST have 2 class specific passives slottet are custarded hard (like confessor,ranger wich dont work without their regen passiv) I think no class should have more then 1 passive that gotta be slotted (or non at all, making all class specific passives without slot requirnments would be ok too)

BUGS:

Neither normal mount nor epic mount grant any movespeed

Ranger traps trigger multiple times (like A LOT..like having "nuclear powered traps" passive slottet. i had a single faery trap granting me 131 charges faery shield vs 3 dummys)

Ranger auto shot has a arrow firing animation at its start

The woodworkers bench in the temple looks like basic crafters table (works as woodworker bench though)

"emminently punchable" /its passiv "Hit me" doesnt seem to work (or is granting like 1-2 mana ?!? its not shown as a procc in combat logg and couldnt tell/feel any difference when slotting it)

weapon finesse minor disc doesnt work propperly. had to reslot it twice on a templar before it worked removing pip cost for major disc abilitys (and no it wasnt because of too high weapon weight i didnt change the weapon)

not directly BUGs but kinda wierd design flaws (!??!) =

Arbiters lvl 25 passive grants mana once per CC even when a CC hits multiple enemys. Shouldnt it give mana per CCed enemy like Furry Templers Ulti gives max HP per CCed enemy ??

Kinda in the game for long but still : Did someone custard up the  Ranger Wardens/Brigands bonusses/usable items granted ? warden for example gets quivers and runic bows/swords BUT gets dmg bonus to slashing and CRUSHING (without having any crush weapon/skill) and the brigand is missing quivers BUT gets runic axes and MACES (while not having bonus crushing dmg ...) plz rework that in some way that it makes sense (i d say brigand piercing/slashing bonus+ quivers+runic swords/bows and warden mail+runic axes/swords/maces with crush/slash bonus dmg.. hardly woudl care for a quiver on warden except convinience not having to restock arrows)

On 7/4/2019 at 9:40 PM, Soulreaver said:

Make the Promotion class passive just something that is on your character - not something you have to slot.  Having to slot it as a passive is just annoying and tbh horribly by design

I think this is a great suggestion

The removal of the Demon / Expansive / Hand and so on

Why?  To make races seem more attractive? I get that.  My problem with it is that the non-races already “paid” a passive slot so a “price” was paid.

The races which needed some attention imo should just have gotten it in some other fashion.

The removal of these two minors is removing ideas/choices/options.  Its gating builds and diversity - removing options and versatility.

Instead of removing these disc look at other options please.

Note - Same goes for the removal of Surging Spirit.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Posted (edited)

Listen please.

The majority of minors grant a passive.

Passives granted by minors are, for the most part, situational/low impact and not attractive compared to class/promotion or major disc passives.

The only reason many of these got any play in the first place was because people could take a second minor to get a slot to equip them with.

The majority of builds require at least one, and in many cases two passives just to function, before even considering passives from disciplines.

The majority of builds are going to take a major passive over a minor one because they're flat out better powers in most cases.

I understand that these passives were too good compared to other options, but without them, the majority of minor disciplines as a whole are virtually unusable for a LARGE number of race/class combos. Is this your intent?

I'm all for removing these passives, but this greatly amplifies the already problematic issue of of not enough passive slots compared to passive options equipped on the character's discs. Most core builds have two passives spoken for, if not three. People were literally spending two minor slots in order to actually fit most of these effects on to their builds. If you want minors to be low yield and situational that's fine, but at can you please free up some of our slots so we can actually utilize them alongside our class and major passives? As is we're going to see a lot of people taking stuff like elven eyes not as a considered build choice but because they literally don't have any other method to utilize all their minor slots. The third minor slot (and indeed the second minor slot) on a large number of builds is functionally locked out at this point.

Minors and class based passives need to be made innate if you expect many races to to actually have compelling choices for what to do with their minors now, or new innate minors need to be created (for example, flat HP, crit, or other core stats) so those templates have build options.

I'm all in favor of being spoiled for choice and having to make some tough decisions, but in the current state of the game these are not tough decisions as the obvious decision in most cases is to just skip power granting minors (the majority of minors) in favor of the much more impactful passives afforded by the base class and majors.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

he majority of minors grant a passive.

Passives granted by minors are, for the most part, situational/low impact and not attractive compared to class/promotion or major disc passives.

The only reason many of these got any play in the first place was because people could take a second minor to get a slot to equip them with.

The majority of builds require at least one, and in many cases two passives just to function, before even considering passives from disciplines.

The majority of builds are going to take a major passive over a minor one because they're flat out better powers in most cases.

Many builds I've played with followed this scenario. Between the capstone and the major disciplines, passive slots are already full or over full. Using the Demon's pact minor allows another minor to be slotted and its passive to be used. What do you do with the last minor slot? Add a power bar slot to get one more ability on the bar, add a jewelry slot, or just use Elven Eyes and its stat buff.

If loosing Demon's pact, Expansive Mind, Fashion Statement, and Hand of Glory is a done deal, then I really think we need more minors like Elven Eyes that have flat stat buffs, and more compelling choices in the talent tree competing for the talent points players are dedicating to minors today. Choosing to talent for 5 more stamina points or 1% physical resist vs a jewelry slot, a power bar slot or Spirit Whip is not a difficult choice. Every time a player makes a talent choice, they should be weighing that talent against all of the available minors, and even the majors if they are truly optional as the tree might suggest.

Availability of slots from class to class should also be considered. A Brigand Ranger has 4 bars to spread their passives and powers across; they can split their discipline and talent choices between the melee, ranged, stealth, and survival bars and insure that everything they choose has a place. A knight has only 2 bars and must make due with the slots available.

Edited by VaMei

I don't know if it's intended or not but there are changes in the number of experimentation points per row and nothing about that in the patch notes:

• Poor: 4
  • Common: 10
  • Uncommon: 10
  • Rare: 10
  • Epic: 10

So, with higher quality you have the same number of experimentation points but higher difficulty and higher reroll cost.

Instead of removing Demon's Pact/Expansive mind, maybe just change how they are equipped?
Same thing with Hand of Glory and Fashion Statement.

You could:
- Make Demon's/Expansive take up 2 minor slots, so you have to choose between the 2.
- Make Demon's Pact/Expansive block eachother, so if you equip 1, the other can't be equipped.
- Make the ring/amulet gained from HoG and Fashion, only give you 50% of the stats on the ring/amulet.

The main problem is most people use both, just removing them kills a lot of creativity for the players when they want to make builds.

But with the amount of minors you've removed, and the amount of useless minors currently in the game - it seems like you have something in the works (hopefully).

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

One thing missing from the patch notes is the new temple.  We'd like feedback on issues with it.  We added a new parcel with a spiral path to the top of a plateau, which may have issues that we were not able to find.

Ranks 6-8 are intended for God's Reach.  During testing, we found that advancing to level 30 on rank 5 NPC's was extremely grindy.  Higher level vessels need higher rank NPC's, as well.  Resources are a separate issue that we will discuss.

with no official task for the testsession in the beginning i tested starting with a new vessel, leaving the free stuff and go for the grind. the progression was - maybe because of the awesome selfsustain of the paladin - pretty fast. i got a lot of not needed stuff to trade or sacrifice, so the "that is too much work feeling" should be better now.

unknown.png

outcome of 20 min r6 urgu gives you a good boost at the sacrifice pit.

so if the rank8 is intended, yes that helps with getting a common vessel to 30. still think the gap between a "delivered by the gods" vessel and a crafted green one is too huge.

as i have the full passive training it is not like testing a real NPE, but i think its quite easy enough now to get your setup for entering a campaign.

so far.... now looking for that parcel

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Hanseshadow said:

One thing missing from the patch notes is the new temple.  We'd like feedback on issues with it.  We added a new parcel with a spiral path to the top of a plateau, which may have issues that we were not able to find.

Ranks 6-8 are intended for God's Reach.  During testing, we found that advancing to level 30 on rank 5 NPC's was extremely grindy.  Higher level vessels need higher rank NPC's, as well.  Resources are a separate issue that we will discuss.

I thought the goal was for you to level higher rank vessels in the CWs with high rank mobs. I mean, I’ll gladly raise blue+ vessels in GR, but that seems counter to that goal. But if you guys have the tech that makes R6+ mobs give worse loot in GR than in a CW, I guess it’s fine. 

On the new parcel, it doesn’t seem like there’s any issues with it, but I play CF on a toaster, so take that with what you will

Edited by coolster50

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

23 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

On the new parcel, it doesn’t seem like there’s any issues with it, but I play CF on a toaster, so take that with what you will

We're interested in locations with too much collision (getting stuck on objects) or falling into holes that you can't get out of. :)

21 hours ago, Extintor said:

I don't know if it's intended or not but there are changes in the number of experimentation points per row and nothing about that in the patch notes:

So, with higher quality you have the same number of experimentation points but higher difficulty and higher reroll cost.

Uh this is huge.

21 hours ago, Extintor said:

This is a really big deal actually. This should be like the first patch note, or second after the removed minors.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"