Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

5.100 Snap Test Feedback Reports for 7/3/19

4 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

This is a really big deal actually. This should be like the first patch note, or second after the removed minors.

That’s a bug for sure. 

12 minutes ago, oneply said:

That’s a bug for sure. 

I think there is an intended change there, but I don't think its fully implemented.

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)

Thinking about it, I kind of like it.

Assuming of course quality modifies the experimentation result values a bit, would flatten out the gear curve to a linear vs plateau progression.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

1 hour ago, PopeUrban said:

This is a really big deal actually. This should be like the first patch note, or second after the removed minors.

Unless it's a bug and not an intended change. :D

57 minutes ago, Jah said:

I think there is an intended change there, but I don't think its fully implemented.

Maybe they're putting the same number of experimentation points but different base to reduce the gap between qualities, but without any information about it who knows ...

1 minute ago, Extintor said:

Maybe they're putting the same number of experimentation points but different base to reduce the gap between qualities, but without any information about it who knows ...

I forget where it was, but I have heard mention from ACE that they were changing the pips per line mechanic.

IhhQKY6.gif

14 minutes ago, Extintor said:

To quote Blixtev's check-in (notes are being looked at):

Crafting - Common and up quality experimentations now all have 10 Pips as the maximum amount of PiPs allowed per experimentation line. (Should help shrink the deltas between the crafted quality levels)

guess it was not intended someone is testing that in the current build 😂 let`s see what is around the corner... SOON ;)

5 minutes ago, Hanseshadow said:

Crafting - Common and up quality experimentations now all have 10 Pips as the maximum amount of PiPs allowed per experimentation line. (Should help shrink the deltas between the crafted quality levels)

This leaves me wondering what advantages the higher tier resources even provide.

IhhQKY6.gif

6 minutes ago, Hanseshadow said:

Anything indicate that quality effects experimentation pip value?

lPoLZtm.png

some people hate reading endless patchnotes

i prefer the - the info is there if you want to look - approach

please give us test-patchnotes, guess we wont get it because filtering is too expensive and full transperancy - understandable - not wanted

well without that info it is kind of a minigame with each patch ;)

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Hanseshadow said:

That's definitely true, but I'd like to see what this looks like in practice. I know that currently there is a small increase per quality step up, but the largest increase has always been around the number of pips available to you for experimentation when rolling.

I fear that this will make passive training and crafting gear even more crazy. If I can roll max common gear with the same number of pips and the difference isn't significant between quality types, why even bother having quality types at all. I just see this type of change as a huge reduction in the amount of dust we'll need and the amount of harvesting I'll have to do, which is awful for my homie @MrPlanks.

If quality steps are not useless at this point then fine.

I'll test when I get home.

Edited by galvia

Posted (edited)

Technically the base stat value is different for each quality, but it’s small difference. The percentage adjustment from experimentation pips multiplies it out, and the extra pips added a more obvious boost.

I’m thinking I don’t mind the overall implications of the change even if their isn’t a quality bonus to the experimentation %. Especially if it lets them get rid of the stupid gear drops, makes common ore several magnitudes more useful.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

Can we get resource containers in god's reach?  They were in the keeps but have been removed now that there are no siege zones.  It is hard to test crafting changes without certain resources available (body parts, minerals for ambrosia).

We'll have to check numbers (or they'll have), but it looks like with the increased experimentation difficulty per quality you'll have to be very lucky to get an epic or a legendary better than an uncommon, you can even increase the risk and get cheaper rerolls with lower qualities for better results.

52 minutes ago, Hanseshadow said:

It's in the patch notes now. Stealth edit. :P

IF you cannot trade an item please write not trade-able on it ?

Passed my swift pack pig recipie to a friends crafter who has scroll case minor equipped, only to discover 

a) It no longer requires Scroll case

b) its not trade-able. 

My friends crafter now has a swift mount to run around the temple on.

:angry:

Posted (edited)

Just to get out of the bug thread I wanted to continue the discussion around the pip changes brought up there.

@thomasblair I'd like to make it clear that I think everyone is in favour of flattening the curve in the game currently, but these changes in the current state of the game only practically serve to make crafters/harvesters feel burnt out. @Hungry posted this in the thread:

As it is right now, with no changes to harvesting and no mass production to help reduce variance in crafting it seems like most of the gear won't be worth the squeeze outside of very low cost items like the occasional runic weapon or jewelry.  With blueprints and factories to help us get value out of good rolls and refineries providing us with quality ore I could totally see this system being viable, but as it stands right now in the current game it feels like harvesters and crafters are going to be left feeling unrewarded.  It will take so much effort to achieve these shallow increases in power that most people won't bother.

I highlighted the part that is most concerning. For that small of an increase it feels like a complete waste of time to harvest that much for that little of a gain. This is an issue with having a live testing environment that is being played like a real game - and unfortunately it's an issue you should consider if you want to maintain a testing population.

If quality gear will be this small of an increase quality materials will need to become much easier to acquire, and it would help us a lot to know more about your plans for:

1. Refineries.
  2. Caravans.
  3. Player harvesting potentials relative to the other options.

In the past you've mentioned how you wanted to increase resource gain, which we were all relieved to see - but all we've seen since then is a reduction in our ability to get quality materials. Beneficial harvest getting nerfed, skinning continuing to be a complete chore (4 hours of farming per blue leather armor set), and the massive gap in efficiency between passive trained players and untrained players create a lot of problems.

I don't expect a reply in this thread but it may be worth having a harvesting and crafting Q+A sometime soon to talk about the design intent behind these changes cc @Pann. There have been a ton of changes around farming that are worth discussion (for example, are the disc buying changes here to stay or can we expect shadowbane like soul hunting in the future?)

Last piece of feedback. The patch notes suck and are always missing stuff. It's a guild effort for us to all login and test/look at everything we can think of in the game when a test patch gets put up because we can't trust the notes to contain all of the important stuff, let alone all of the perceived minor stuff.

Thanks for being so willing to discuss things with the player base and engage with us. You guys get a lot of poorly made socks, but overall we really appreciate your effort.

Edited by galvia

Just a little addon to this part:

11 minutes ago, galvia said:

the massive gap in efficiency between passive trained players and untrained players create a lot of problems.

In the current state, we don't even have our new members bother spending their time doing anything more than dust farming or running foreman for our motherloding work. They just don't get enough materials to matter. This will be reduced somewhat when we care about common materials again, but our main farmers still get more than enough common materials to keep us completely stocked.

Halp.