Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

5.100 Snap Test Bug Reports for 7/3/19

Recommended Posts

July 5, 2019

  • VFX still breaks, though not as frequently as last patch. Here's an example: GQLp0wN.png
  • Here's an example of a prob artifact table: nTFF8KC.png
  • Ranger Barrage uses twice as much vfx (might also be hitting twice aswell, like some other powers)
  • Ranger Explosive Trap and Faerie Trap hits ~70 times per target. I've gotten nearly 250 stacks of Faerie Shield by hitting all 3 target dummies with the bombs. They absolutely melt mobs and bosses
  • Ranger Twin Surge has like a Sun Flare vfx on the Laceration power
  • Aracoix Assassins don't stealth anymore
  • Mobs stop attacking you if move far enough away from them. They just don't chase you.
  • VFX on Glamor Weapon and Kinetic Boost is very faint, on Basic Settings
  • Force Mage Force Wave doesn't have any VFX and barely pushes targets away
  • Duelist Flintlock Shot strikes 3 times
  • There's no woodworking table in the Temple, but there are 2 Blacksmithing Tables and 4 General Crafting Tables
  • Bosses are mostly dropping Sparring, Shield Wiz, and Dig In minors. I've gotten multiple qualities of those 3 minors, and 1 Stonemason Techniques from somewhere else.
  • EKs aren't starting. The Launch EK button will gray out, but then turn blue again seconds later
  • The speed of pack pig mounts really got nerfed. wtb horse mounts
  • This Frostcaster has a staff icon, even though other Frostcasters have different icons VmZVy7H.png
  • Mystical of Sickles? nScSnqb.png
  • Support Power? On a Mace? That only non-support classes can use? 9qng6e9.png
  • Selling blue and purple gear to vendors should give way more gold than 40
  • Pulls can sometimes be disorienting. If there was some type of animation dragging your character across the ground, or just a delay on the camera so it has to run to catch up to your avatar, it would make getting pulled less disorienting.
  • The Ground Target AoE SFX from either Stink Bomb or Caltrops (Agent Provocateur) got stuck on a loop and the only way to get rid of it was to relog.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duelist Inconceivable and Assassin In the Zone appear to sometimes be going off but not giving you the buffs.

With the Duelist in particular you'll do the animation of flipping the coin and it'll finish playing but you don't get buffs and you still keep your combo points. You end up randomly having to cast the same spell 2-3 times for it to go off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The assassin talent that heals you when you apply a stun isn't working.

The combat log- shows lifesteal as Hitting you instead of healing you.

Feedback- the crosshair needs to be closer to the the character-- its really annoying to have to stand to one side.


www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the drop list on mobs seems to not have one handed axes at all.

might just be RNG but I have gotten like 5 of everything else


www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaleOne said:

the drop list on mobs seems to not have one handed axes at all.

might just be RNG but I have gotten like 5 of everything else

Just RNG, I've picked up a few of them of various quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can select Knight as a class for the Fae race on character creation.  I didn't see anything in the patch notes about this being added and you cannot select one on LIVE so I am unsure if this is intended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 4:09 AM, Yumx said:

I think there's a bug with the amount of pips available in white crafting:
a7e8330bee123b566a27e848c01341ed.png

Shouldn't you only be able to put 5-6 in each line?


Looks like my Patch note didn't make it into the master list.
Crafting - Common and up quality experimentations now all now have 10 Pips as the maximum amount of PiPs allowed per experimentation line. (Should help shrink the deltas between the crafted quality levels)

Basically this change was to make it so there was a much smoother progression on crafted items. This does mean you can get poor rolls and craft a higher quality item that is worse than a lower quality item at the end of the day, but we consider that acceptable in smoothing out the qualities.
 


Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

Basically this change was to make it so there was a much smoother progression on crafted items. This does mean you can get poor rolls and craft a higher quality item that is worse than a lower quality item at the end of the day, but we consider that acceptable in smoothing out the qualities.

But with the increased by quality experimentation difficulty now it is more likely to get better results with lower quality since you have the same number of experimentation points. You can even increase the risk in an uncommon and do cheaper rerolls to get a better item than with epic materials in most cases. But reducing the experimentation difficulty well trained crafters will be less valuable. It's gonna be hard to balance this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Extintor said:

But with the increased by quality experimentation difficulty now it is more likely to get better results with lower quality since you have the same number of experimentation points. You can even increase the risk in an uncommon and do cheaper rerolls to get a better item than with epic materials in most cases. But reducing the experimentation difficulty well trained crafters will be less valuable. It's gonna be hard to balance this one.

It is much more likely to get better rolls on the lower qualities, however the higher qualities still get the built in assembly bonus. That quality bonus may not be very visible on mediocre or poor experimentation rolls, however using amazing rolls as the benchmark, you can see the difference.
For Example:
Max Armor you can amazing roll with 10 Pips on a white quality Mail Chest is: 963
Max Armor you can amazing roll with 10 Pips on a orange quality Mail Chest is: 1347


Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so no longer need to farm anything but gold and make uncommon stuff then with that little of a difference, its not worth wasteing my time to farm better stuff.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

It is much more likely to get better rolls on the lower qualities, however the higher qualities still get the built in assembly bonus. That quality bonus may not be very visible on mediocre or poor experimentation rolls, however using amazing rolls as the benchmark, you can see the difference.
For Example:
Max Armor you can amazing roll with 10 Pips on a white quality Mail Chest is: 963
Max Armor you can amazing roll with 10 Pips on a orange quality Mail Chest is: 1347

@thomasblair I hope it is clear what this signals to the player base. To get that type of armor increase you are investing 60 Chaos embers, + hours and hours of farming the ore and hide (no custard thank you) for a 29% increase assuming you roll max on every single pip which on Legendary Gear is practically impossible even fully buffed out.

I ran a quick test, with no re-rolls on live with 20 pips (I can get 24 but it isn't worth the investment here) and 140~ experimentation skill. Here is a blue scale and ring:
lGykSgt.png

ZxqvQoZ.png

Now here is white rings and scales on a white vessel, no BS gear, no rings, no re-rolls, just passive training on test with 13 pips.

7wxpO1h.png

6uhqTzW.png

The durability is actually higher somehow (maybe a buff?) and the overall stats are very close. I assure you that if I had the same gear and rolled all amazing on these components they would be extremely similar, for a completely trivial amount of effort in comparison. If these changes stay, it will be extremely unlikely that any large guild will use quality ore for anything other than luxury weapons or something, because the difference is not significant in practical play.

Unless you do something drastic to the output of all of the harvesting professions why would we go past white if the results are practically the same, aside from being completely rich on materials because we can use white to compete until mega lategame? This seems short sighted. I'm all for flattening the curve, but there should be a curve.

Edited by galvia
added no-rerolls to a section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

It is much more likely to get better rolls on the lower qualities, however the higher qualities still get the built in assembly bonus. That quality bonus may not be very visible on mediocre or poor experimentation rolls, however using amazing rolls as the benchmark, you can see the difference.
For Example:
Max Armor you can amazing roll with 10 Pips on a white quality Mail Chest is: 963
Max Armor you can amazing roll with 10 Pips on a orange quality Mail Chest is: 1347

I guess it changes from stat to stat, I checked with wooden runestones from white to purple and all three gto 35 durability after assembly, and the differences weren't that big after experimentation, I have to do the math for perfect results but it didn't look that big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, thomasblair said:

It is much more likely to get better rolls on the lower qualities, however the higher qualities still get the built in assembly bonus. That quality bonus may not be very visible on mediocre or poor experimentation rolls, however using amazing rolls as the benchmark, you can see the difference.
For Example:
Max Armor you can amazing roll with 10 Pips on a white quality Mail Chest is: 963
Max Armor you can amazing roll with 10 Pips on a orange quality Mail Chest is: 1347

@thomasblair

A 30% increase seems like a fairly reasonable increase in power for a game that is supposed to have a shallow power curve.  However, I'm really worried about how the middle of the pack qualities will suffer by comparison.

 

With a completely kitted out crafter with all the leadership buffs, food buffs, training, and gear it is pretty effortless to get lots of Amazing Successes on white items.  That baseline value of 963 armor will be a reliable value.

 

Once you get up to blue and beyond it becomes much harder to chain Amazing Successes like that.  Yes, a perfectly rolled legendary Mail Chest might have 30% more armor, but how many hours is it going to take for me to acquire the resources and craft one of those items, much less enough that I finally get Amazing Successes on each one?  What is the ceiling on a blue Mail Chest, and how much effort will that take?  Mind when I say it is a challenge to get perfect Amazings on gear, that's including utilizing both kinds of rerolls to fix unlucky rolls.  I really want to see what a perfectly rolled white would be vs a blue, and how hard it would be to make the blue.  Taking the drop rates into account and the odds of success into account it would take time but would not be hard to graph out man hours invested vs power acquired with each color grade.  

 

As it is right now, with no changes to harvesting and no mass production to help reduce variance in crafting it seems like most of the gear won't be worth the squeeze outside of very low cost items like the occasional runic weapon or jewelry.  With blueprints and factories to help us get value out of good rolls and refineries providing us with quality ore I could totally see this system being viable, but as it stands right now in the current game it feels like harvesters and crafters are going to be left feeling unrewarded.  It will take so much effort to achieve these shallow increases in power that most people won't bother.

 

 

Edited by Hungry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@galvia You probably got a bad experimentation roll on the blue items durability.

I just crafted the same Metal Scales using the current numbers:
White - 291 Durability, .2% Anti-Crit
Blue - 306 Durability, .24% Anti-Crit

This is what they would look like using the old numbers:
White - 208 Durability, .13% Anti-Crit
Blue - 269 Durability, .2% Anti-Crit

You can see how much flatter the curve is than before where we were not only reducing the Assembly Bonus, but also capping how many Points you could put into a single line. This should mean gear viablity now starts at common quality.


Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

@galvia You probably got a bad experimentation roll on the blue items durability.

I just crafted the same Metal Scales using the current numbers:
White - 291 Durability, .2% Anti-Crit
Blue - 306 Durability, .24% Anti-Crit

This is what they would look like using the old numbers:
White - 208 Durability, .13% Anti-Crit
Blue - 269 Durability, .2% Anti-Crit

You can see how much flatter the curve is than before where we were not only reducing the Assembly Bonus, but also capping how many Points you could put into a single line. This should mean gear viablity now starts at common quality.

The problem is there is no need for gear past uncommon unless you’re min/maxing a crafter. 

Man hours also need to be a factor. In the new system. One person can spend a day farming common and outfit a whole guild for a campaign. The man hours:reward ratio is very favorable. It takes a guild days to hopefully outfit themselves in blues+ for a campaign. Poor man hours:reward ratio. 

If the curve is so flat it barely gives any advantage why would any guild invest so much effort into better “quality”. A few hundred durability? Ha, I can have commons flying out my *** for what it would cost for that one legendary. 

Legendary will be vanity items. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, oneply said:

The problem is there is no need for gear past uncommon unless you’re min/maxing a crafter. 

Man hours also need to be a factor. In the new system. One person can spend a day farming common and outfit a whole guild for a campaign. The man hours:reward ratio is very favorable. It takes a guild days to hopefully outfit themselves in blues+ for a campaign. Poor man hours:reward ratio. 

If the curve is so flat it barely gives any advantage why would any guild invest so much effort into better “quality”. A few hundred durability? Ha, I can have commons flying out my *** for what it would cost for that one legendary. 

Legendary will be vanity items. 

My thoughts on this come back to the number of posts I've seen wanting a) flat power curve and b) easy come easy go gear.

Currently gear is easy go, but being viable in the easy come gear is significantly harder. I suppose this addresses that.

However, i do feel the sentiment that now it's hard to argue why would anyone bother with higher quality gear if whites are just as good. Like you said, vanity. But is that motivation enough?

I briefly wondered if ACE would put quality restrictions on gear too, much like discs. Hope not tbh.


231e101d88.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, oneply said:

It takes a guild days to hopefully outfit themselves in blues+ for a campaign. Poor man hours:reward ratio. 

If it didn't take so many resources to craft, then manhours/reward ratio would go way up. Perhaps durability baseline should be tuned up on higher tier gear. still too early for me to see results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...