Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oneply

Minor Disc Removals in 5.100

"Deprecated the following Minor Disciplines - Expansive Mind, Demon's Pact, Fashion Statement, Hand of Glory. (These disciplines were granting unique race relating benefits that not only watered down race diversity, but also felt extraordinarily powerful for a minor discipline)."

There are too many passives in the game to removes Demons Pact. Essentially makes it so minors are not important to slot anymore. Demons Pact and Expansive Mind should remain for customizing builds. Do you realize the builds youre getting rid of?

I get fashion statement, hand of glory, and surging spirit being removed.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, KDSProm said:

When an item become part of most player builds it is breaking the game.

This is a good thing and open the play field for much more variety of race choices.

No, this is a lazy way of trying to make a whole bunch of weak/useless minors viable.

the main reason those 4 are being so commonly used is because they don’t take up passive slots. Not because they’re the best choice. 

Honestly it’s just going to make a small handful of generic builds. Further reducing the customization aspect of character building. The races that suck will still suck. 

Edited by oneply
Grammar

1 hour ago, oneply said:

No, this is a lazy way of trying to make a whole bunch of weak/useless minors viable.

the main reason those 4 are being so commonly used is because they don’t take up passive slots. Not because they’re the best choice. 

Honestly it’s just going to make a small handful of generic builds. Further reducing the customization aspect of character building. The races that suck will still suck. 

this

When all builds are homogenized around the same minors its typically indicative of an issue with design or balance, in this case I think it is design. The class / promo / disc system is wonderful, let us explore it more. Limiting our options (such as capstones taking a passive slot) and having so few buttons makes it so there are very few viable builds. Make 9 buttons baseline and move capstones to always active like Sanctifier Confessor.

They are always so worried about and attentive to balance that they had to jump on this immediately.  It’s just how they are.

/s

On 7/4/2019 at 11:50 PM, oneply said:

Main reason i was using them, Major disc passive were often better and had no room for the Minor disc passives so went with these instead.

Maybe they should added some minors to the game that is just some minor stat bonuses. We all be using elven sight soon for that extra farsight soon :P on none at all

Veeshan Midst of UXA

21 hours ago, veeshan said:

Main reason i was using them, Major disc passive were often better and had no room for the Minor disc passives so went with these instead.

Maybe they should added some minors to the game that is just some minor stat bonuses. We all be using elven sight soon for that extra farsight soon :P on none at all

Exactly - Like Uniform Leather, +100 AP if I'm wearing full leather... shouldn't have to slot that. Or make it a ability instead of a passive slot.

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2019 at 3:23 AM, KDSProm said:

When an item become part of most player builds it is breaking the game.

This is a good thing and open the play field for much more variety of race choices.

I think the problem is disciplines were intended to expand on what a class can do, but in many cases certain classes have become incredibly dependent on them to fully peak. It's the same deal with humans on templars. The templar kit options are so tight and limited that you need those extra slots because taking base kit abilities off your bar just isn't an option. It's the same for the majority of the archetypes / class.

The obvious solution isn't to remove disciplines, but it's to include clearly class dependent discipline abilities in the class kit from the base. There's quite a few disciplines I feel would fit in well with certain classes right from the start.

I also don't think other races should start with less ability slots than human. Give everyone the same amount of ability slots (what humans have now; more not less), and give humans a different passive.

Surging spirit needed a nerf, not removal.

Edited by izkimar