Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi there! I am a new player to the game and thought of a new race that might be fun to add? I was thinking of a werewolf race where you play a human during the day and once it turns night you turn into a werewolf. This might also be fun with some of the classes the game has but also it might make night raids fun. Werewolves are stronger during a full moon and such which can lead into tactical attacks with your team or you by yourself. 

I hope people like the idea (and the developers ofcourse)

Discuss away ! :)

That could be interesting for sure, but then would have to implement a full moon system. No doubt interesting. How much stronger at night is the question? If too much stronger are we going to see nothing but werewolves at night time sieges? Will there eventually be QQ about "i wanted to play a werewolf cause i love werewolves but they are nerfed in daylight hours" Maybe way off in the future this would be a pretty cool little experiment. I for one like your thinking, but right now at this stage of the game I would have to call Feature creep on that one.  There are alot of pretty cool classes that need to be all tweaked and an entire game that needs to be smoothed out for release so we can really get this party started. 

Not trying to knock the wind out of your sails just calling it the way I see it. I love the Idea myself. Keep them coming.  It could be a creative and fun class not only for the Players but for the devs as well. 

SamwellTBaggins

Village drunk. 

Chaos.

7 minutes ago, SamwellTBaggins said:

That could be interesting for sure, but then would have to implement a full moon system. No doubt interesting. How much stronger at night is the question? If too much stronger are we going to see nothing but werewolves at night time sieges? Will there eventually be QQ about "i wanted to play a werewolf cause i love werewolves but they are nerfed in daylight hours" Maybe way off in the future this would be a pretty cool little experiment. I for one like your thinking, but right now at this stage of the game I would have to call Feature creep on that one.  There are alot of pretty cool classes that need to be all tweaked and an entire game that needs to be smoothed out for release so we can really get this party started. 

Not trying to knock the wind out of your sails just calling it the way I see it. I love the Idea myself. Keep them coming.  It could be a creative and fun class not only for the Players but for the devs as well. 

SamwellTBaggins

Village drunk. 

Chaos.

Thanks ! And I understand that the game still needs some love on certain aspects haha. Just thought I'd throw my idea out there and if people liked it maybe they could add it to the ''future to do list'' And as for balancing I haven't really thought of how to balance it but that could be done anytime.

1 hour ago, DeathWolff said:

Thanks ! And I understand that the game still needs some love on certain aspects haha. Just thought I'd throw my idea out there and if people liked it maybe they could add it to the ''future to do list'' And as for balancing I haven't really thought of how to balance it but that could be done anytime.

I could see something that tied into the winter aspect or day/night cycle since that is already worked into the game for mobs. I don't like the idea of a 'werewolf' in CF though. 

7 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Todd has talked about werewolves before, but new races of any type are definitely a post live thing.

I think it would more likely be a Discipline than a race.

I seem to recall Werewolf showing up on some lists of potential Disciplines in the past.

IhhQKY6.gif

Yeah, werewolves have been a topic. Already pretty early on in development. The basic systems to make this possible are in; things can change depending on the time of day. It's just no priority to do things like werewolves (or even more horrible: wereguineceans, argh) right now as far as I can see. But I think there is a good chance for it to be implemented as an after-launch feature.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

I think both Vampire and Werewolf were mentioned fairly early on as Discipline options.

Both could be done fairly easily I believe with some pre-existing game mechanics and animations.
An adapted Minotaur/Urgu model could easily serve as the Were form and the red beam from siege engineer for a lifedrain to give some examples.

ScornofLife2.jpg

Werewolf could have interesting racial where during the day it provides x bonuses and during night it provides other bonuses instead. Could be like a typical human discipline minus the extra passives slots (since extra passives slots would be annoying coming and going) however during night time they get a stronger passive since there day time one is a much weaker human so there night time one should be a much stronger. 

Veeshan Midst of UXA

On 7/4/2019 at 8:53 AM, DeathWolff said:

Hi there! I am a new player to the game and thought of a new race that might be fun to add? I was thinking of a werewolf race where you play a human during the day and once it turns night you turn into a werewolf. This might also be fun with some of the classes the game has but also it might make night raids fun. Werewolves are stronger during a full moon and such which can lead into tactical attacks with your team or you by yourself. 

I hope people like the idea (and the developers ofcourse)

Discuss away ! :)

Werewolf, werebear and wererat were all the equivalent of a major disc in the spiritual predecessor and JToddColemans previous mmo PvP throne war: Shadowbane.  They could easily come back again but I suspect it would be as a discipline since lycanthropy is a disease that affects the race and not a race itself in almost every genre of gaming.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png