Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Craggin

Racial Starting Attributes, Abilities, Slots, and Modifiers

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Why do minotaurs get necromancy?

I cant ever remember seeing an instance of a minotaur as a spell caster and/or gravedigger. When I think of a minotaur....axes, labyrinths, guardians come to my mind. Not a "death" fascination. 

 

Also, how are these base stats balanced?

Elken get +90 base stats and no negatives

Half Elves get +120 base stats + a free cloak slot and no negatives

Minotaurs get +65 base stats and -30% food rate ???

 

I'll assume they arent balanced?

 

Edited by Toadwart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, they’re not supposed to be balanced. Though, through Necromancy, it is possible to overcome the initial stat differences 


giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Toadwart said:

Why do minotaurs get necromancy?

I cant ever remember seeing an instance of a minotaur as a spell caster and/or gravedigger. When I think of a minotaur....axes, labyrinths, guardians come to my mind. Not a "death" fascination. 

 

Also, how are these base stats balanced?

Elken get +90 base stats and no negatives

Half Elves get +120 base stats + a free cloak slot and no negatives

Minotaurs get +65 base stats and -30% food rate ???

 

I'll assume they arent balanced?

 

Minotaurs get frontal stun immunity and a charge power. Powers that move you quickly are very strong  considering how slowly you move in combat.  The races are not balanced perfectly but they are balanced asymmetrically. 

 

Half elves are arguably the worst race in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Hungry said:

Minotaurs get frontal stun immunity and a charge power. Powers that move you quickly are very strong  considering how slowly you move in combat.  The races are not balanced perfectly but they are balanced asymmetrically. 

But they dont get all of those? They have to be slotted on the bar and take the place of another skill. So its not like a race has more or less skill slots on the bar, except humans.

And every race gets a passive as well. The two races I compared to minotaur both get trailmaster (moves you quickly as you pointed out) vs frontal stun immunity.

 

Yet the minotaur is the only one with -30% to food rate.

 

I seem to remember larger races (mino, hill giant, centaur) were supposed to have a mass advantage at one point and not be able to get pulled or punted as far. But hasnt that all been given up on at this point?

 

 

Edited by Toadwart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Toadwart said:

But they dont get all of those? They have to be slotted on the bar and take the place of another skill. So its not like a race has more or less skill slots on the bar, except humans.

And every race gets a passive as well. The two races I compared to minotaur both get trailmaster (moves you quickly as you pointed out) vs frontal stun immunity.

 

Yet the minotaur is the only one with -30% to food rate.

 

I seem to remember larger races (mino, hill giant, centaur) were supposed to have a mass advantage at one point and not be able to get pulled or punted as far. But hasnt that all been given up on at this point?

 

 

Most classes operate just fine with 5-6 powers on their bar.  You have plenty of space to use a movement skill which will make you stronger than any two non-movement skills someone else would have had instead.  Trailmaster isn't very strong in combat because it takes several seconds to activate and you have to be in harvest tray.  It's fine for getting around (though mounts are faster than it).

 

Fighting in this game is so reliant on positioning and good group composition that being able to move quickly is a very powerful tool, especially with most built-in movement options on very long cooldowns.

 

Edited by Hungry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toadwart said:

I seem to remember larger races (mino, hill giant, centaur) were supposed to have a mass advantage at one point and not be able to get pulled or punted as far. But hasnt that all been given up on at this point?

 

 

I seem to remember this game was supposed to have PvP and no/little PvE grinding, yet it doesn't.  I guess things fall off the roadmap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2019 at 12:37 PM, Toadwart said:

But they dont get all of those? They have to be slotted on the bar and take the place of another skill. So its not like a race has more or less skill slots on the bar, except humans.

And every race gets a passive as well. The two races I compared to minotaur both get trailmaster (moves you quickly as you pointed out) vs frontal stun immunity.

 

Yet the minotaur is the only one with -30% to food rate.

 

I seem to remember larger races (mino, hill giant, centaur) were supposed to have a mass advantage at one point and not be able to get pulled or punted as far. But hasnt that all been given up on at this point?

 

 

Note the other balancing factors not shown on this post:

Stat Caps - These become important when you start getting in to higher tier vessels. You're never going to have 300 strength on a human for instance, nor are you going to have 200 int on a half giant.

Class selection - This is the primary balancing factor for races. Most races can only choose a handful of classes, and in most cases each race's advantages add an important edge that is desirable for specific kinds of builds for that class.

Also note that these are not considered final, As they've said they're definitely doing another race balance pass once frostweaver is finished and crafting is stabilized.

Also note that half elf is not arguably the worst race in the game. It is objectively the worst race in the game, as its weak racial features do not add up to a compelling option on any of the classes it can play, and its higher base points do not make up for this.


PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets not forget about the possibility of being able to select certain traits at character creation. They may have scraped it but it would have allowed for all kinds of options... Increases to stat caps, etc...

 


Eat or be eaten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Omen said:

Lets not forget about the possibility of being able to select certain traits at character creation. They may have scraped it but it would have allowed for all kinds of options... Increases to stat caps, etc...

 

Uh necromancy......

 

Half elf has some enticing stats but the disadvantages in movement for the classes you can play are too big a factor. I wish it wasn’t the case, love their armor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it only me or I don't see any advantage to play a Nethari with those stats? 

Only + to intellect for he base stats. The powers granted doesn't look so good and no added slot. 

Races4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just discovered something interesting with the Wood-elf.  Their dodge act as a teleport. So if you jump of a cliff and dodge, you don't take falling damage and you don't get dizzy. Is there other race like that?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2019 at 9:39 PM, Toadwart said:

Why do minotaurs get necromancy?

I cant ever remember seeing an instance of a minotaur as a spell caster and/or gravedigger. When I think of a minotaur....axes, labyrinths, guardians come to my mind. Not a "death" fascination. 

 

Also, how are these base stats balanced?

Elken get +90 base stats and no negatives

Half Elves get +120 base stats + a free cloak slot and no negatives

Minotaurs get +65 base stats and -30% food rate ???

 

I'll assume they arent balanced?

 

Half elves are trash, the stats don’t save them and cloaks aren’t in the game.


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/22/2019 at 3:06 AM, warpigeon05 said:

Is it only me or I don't see any advantage to play a Nethari with those stats? 

Only + to intellect for he base stats. The powers granted doesn't look so good and no added slot. 

Races4.jpg

They also have the 2nd best dodge imo woodelf have the best one. Call of flames can also be useful for them since there mainly fessor and templar class which does fire dmg. 

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 11:52 AM, warpigeon05 said:

I just discovered something interesting with the Wood-elf.  Their dodge act as a teleport. So if you jump of a cliff and dodge, you don't take falling damage and you don't get dizzy. Is there other race like that?

 

 

Umm Nethari might be able too have not checked though but typically no they don't. Reason why woodelf have low stat bonuses compared to others most of there race disapline is in there dodge skill where other races get spread out a little more. 


Veeshan Midst of UXA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 1:06 PM, warpigeon05 said:

Is it only me or I don't see any advantage to play a Nethari with those stats? 

Only + to intellect for he base stats. The powers granted doesn't look so good and no added slot. 

Starting stats are only really important for basic vessels, but even then the racial abilities are more important. Since those shots were posted, Nethari have gained a 4th passive slot. For many builds that's a big deal.

Once you get into blue vessels, starting stats are nice, but a quality vessel will overcome any racial attribute deficit.

By the time you're getting into epic or legendary vessels, it's the racial caps you're looking at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, VaMei said:

Starting stats are only really important for basic vessels, but even then the racial abilities are more important. Since those shots were posted, Nethari have gained a 4th passive slot. For many builds that's a big deal.

Once you get into blue vessels, starting stats are nice, but a quality vessel will overcome any racial attribute deficit.

By the time you're getting into epic or legendary vessels, it's the racial caps you're looking at.

Thank you for the comment..

Just the added passive slot, in my opinion, is a big + for the race. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...