Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
witchv

Helmet Hide feature

I would not like to wear a hood while playing and I feel many would not like to show their helmets in many different cases for all sorts of reasons. Some people like showing their hair too. Could you guys please try to get a hide helmet feature. :] Any players agree?

33 minutes ago, witchv said:

I would not like to wear a hood while playing and I feel many would not like to show their helmets in many different cases for all sorts of reasons. Some people like showing their hair too. Could you guys please try to get a hide helmet feature. :] Any players agree?

I agree. I consider the use of helmets only when the character creator simply cannot make a decent looking "insert blank race"....

In terms of battlefield strategy, I do not like this idea. By looking at the armor--some of those helms are VERY distinctive--you know not only the race (due to armor being racially styled), but knowing what X armor type on Y race looks like--along with weapons--but you also know the class. In this way, you can better prioritize targets in combat, as you have a complete silhouette. Breaking up those unique silhouettes takes away from one's ability to speedily assess what enemies are there, and which to focus or avoid. 

2 hours ago, ZombieGandhi said:

In terms of battlefield strategy, I do not like this idea. By looking at the armor--some of those helms are VERY distinctive--you know not only the race (due to armor being racially styled), but knowing what X armor type on Y race looks like--along with weapons--but you also know the class. In this way, you can better prioritize targets in combat, as you have a complete silhouette. Breaking up those unique silhouettes takes away from one's ability to speedily assess what enemies are there, and which to focus or avoid. 

I understand your position. Let me ask you, if vessels did not have a helmet on, how many folks would you really not be able to tell or have a good idea since you still have armor and weapons, plus now the head of vessel?

4 hours ago, ZombieGandhi said:

You can very simply have hide helmet only show for yourself, so everyone can see what your actually wearing however you wont see your helmet

Veeshan Midst of UXA

On 7/7/2019 at 3:03 PM, ZombieGandhi said:

Skins are already a planned feature.

ACE has gone on record saying they don't like forcing people in to an aesthetic for mechanical reasons.

You're going to lose much if not all of those "tactical reasons" in the future anyway.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

15 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Skins are already a planned feature.

ACE has gone on record saying they don't like forcing people in to an aesthetic for mechanical reasons.

You're going to lose much if not all of those "tactical reasons" in the future anyway.

They can still do things like plate armor skins, leather armor skin and so on so you still know what armor type there using and so on.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2019 at 2:03 PM, ZombieGandhi said:

I base it off animations not gear/appearance. Played too many games with skins/costumes to depend on gear/appearance

Edited by oneply