Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
oneply

Expanding Jewelry

Right now jewelry is pretty boring and doesn’t really allow for that in-depth of specialization. Some of the current ones I’m not sure even work. Jewelcrafting could be used to really narrow your toons role.

Does preception and stealth actually do anything? I can put stealth rings on and guards still see me. I can put in preception rings and my ability to see a stealthed opponent doesn’t change. 

Neither of the re-roll cost modifiers work. And have not since I’ve been playing. 

Why don’t all crafts get a crafting necklace? 

Id like to see the following added:

CC Rings like Attack Control Intensity, Control defense, etc. Currently outside of the talent tree there’s no way to improve this.

On the last stat roll I’d like to see blood/water also be used to modify it. So a choice between Crit Strike or Crit Heal, Dust or Beneficial harvest, OC or IC regen. On a healer why do I care about crit strike?. Or when skinning, the dust roll is meaningless.

Gem and Mineral chance would be a nice addition as well. 

Far sight would be an interesting one too. Would further specialize a scout toon. 

Posted (edited)

Perception and stealth are stats attached to the effectiveness of stealth and perception abilities. They basically work similar to how "barrier bonus" doesn't actually grant you a barrier, but in stead increases the effectiveness of powers that grant barriers.

The names of those stats are confusing, should rename them to 'stealth bonus' and "perception bonus" or something. They don't actually grant you the ability to stealth or perceive stealth.

Stealth and perception are opposed modifiers. When you are stealthed, you have a stealth range. +steath stats shrink this range. When you use a perception ability you have a perception range. The perception stat increases this range. When a player with an active perception ability's perception range overlaps the stealth range of a target, they can see that target. Think of them as bubbles. Your stealth bubbles and the other guy's perception bubble. +stealth shrinks your bubble, +perception expands your perception bubble. If those bubbles overlap, the perception user can spot the stealther.

Guards completely ignore all stealth. Certain mobs with perception abilities (most notably war tribe rangers) seem to have an always-on perception ability for which the range is difficult to determine, if it indeed has a range. Similarly, stealthed mobs (most notably aracoix assassins) have a stealth power with what appears to be a pretty significant debuff compared to players, as perception abilities can defect them from quite far away.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I understand how they work. What I’m saying is I don’t think they actually work. I’ll have to test in an ek to confirm later.

The guards have to have some sort of cap to their preception. A stealther should be able to overcome it. At least down to a very small range. 

2 hours ago, Phr00t said:

Also please add more durability to jewelery. Maxed blues with rerolls will only last around 26-30 deaths.

Better then the 5 deaths a month ago ;)

7 hours ago, oneply said:

I understand how they work. What I’m saying is I don’t think they actually work. I’ll have to test in an ek to confirm later.

The guards have to have some sort of cap to their preception. A stealther should be able to overcome it. At least down to a very small range. 

Ah yeah, I haven't tested it recently either.

I agree about the guards though. I'm fine with them having perma-perception but speccing stealth should let you get closer, hell let them tag you with a faerie fire debuff even.

Also, visible stealth bubbles or a ground indicator for perception range when stealthed would be cool.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"