Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ble

Warstory: Thank you, yes, you!

The beginning part of this campaign was interesting. Evenish numbers in the beginning really put on display how broken ballastias are. Forts were really important the whole time. (Side note: Soldiers Fort in Valhig was the best PvP all campaign. Not even a good strategic point,)

And then the last week showed how uncle bob wins. The game makes no attempt to change that fact. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Jah said:

Uncle bob wins by being better coordinated? What can ACE do to solve that?

randomly disconnecting people on the winning team would do it (not saying that happened)

Edited by Marth

So I sincerely believe that Hax did a good job with rallying Chaos this CW. Hax and uXa really tried to bring things around.
Applecross is a freaking beast at the circle standing game as are several others.

Outposts are something I still detest, especially how you can manipulate the score with them.
Every CW there has been 1 Faction that has completely captured the entire map. That is problematic.
The maps are not built for the population of the game which is somewhat frustrating to me.
I feel as if I can not get a proper read on some issues with the game due to this.
The map is designed for multiple zones of 100-150 and we usually don't get to 100 total players.

I missed out on the majority of this CW but did hear there were fights going down on the regular.
It was not until one week past that I started to actually play this campaign and there were indeed regular fights to be had.
Establishing my spot via fighting and standing, alone or with friends, I was back and involved.
It was Fall and Chaos were using Order accounts to take back outposts to get rid of the capture bonus. This was smart though arguably dirty.
That is why I came back
And I was not alone.

I didn't come back for the fights, I didn't come back for an active population,  I didn't come back to test the bugs (old fixed* ones included)

Everyone had some good fights, small and mid scale. Everyone won some and everyone lost some as it always is.
It was good to see old names back in game, it was good to see fresh and newer players in game as well.

I had fun, even with all the issues CF has I have fun.
And I hope others did as well!

Good fights, always. I look forward to more.

ScornofLife2.jpg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Scorn said:

It was Fall and Chaos were using Order accounts to take back outposts to get rid of the capture bonus. This was smart though arguably dirty.
That is why I came back
And I was not alone.

Yup.  Dolmar/uXa made a play by using Order alts to cap their own chaos points, but it back fired.  Enough of us were willing to return to CF to rain on that parade.

We kept geared chaos characters in Roethem keep to prevent uXa from trying to clear the cap bonus with an Order alt squad.

Having the entire CW ride on last Friday's siege of Roethem was pretty fun though. 

Edited by Angelmar

12 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

So im confused @oneply, Are you upset because we came back to contest the CW? *Disclaimer im being 100% sincere im curious as to why Chaos seems so upset that W/HoA brought back People to secure a win.

Not upset in the slightest. I’m glad to see people coming back. I can’t really divulge past that as I don’t know what I am and am not supposed to know.

I do find it super hypocritical to say you guys came back because order alts got used by your opponent. The poo smells the same on both sides. 

I really do give a lot of credit to clams and sos. They made it a really fun campaign. It was nice to have battles with evenish numbers. There was some epic battles in that first week. 

7 minutes ago, oneply said:

Not upset in the slightest. I’m glad to see people coming back. I can’t really divulge past that as I don’t know what I am and am not supposed to know.

I do find it super hypocritical to say you guys came back because order alts got used by your opponent. The poo smells the same on both sides. 

I really do give a lot of credit to clams and sos. They made it a really fun campaign. It was nice to have battles with evenish numbers. There was some epic battles in that first week. 

I personally don't know poorly made socks about the reasoning as to why others came back. I myself just heard that there were fights to be had. Super Happy that the population was in a healthy enough place to support the fights. Hopefully this will translate to future campaigns being fun as well.

With our EU campaign being dead, we visited several times this campaign.

It was lot's of great fights, hopefully everyone have had some fun win or lose.

Props to chaos for keeping their foot on the gas, and keeping balance on their toes.

And if everyone had the fighting spirit of Hax, then the game would be amazing.

There's great potential in all these NA guilds.

One thing I would encourage everyone to do, (this might sound weird), but that is to release videos with your voice communication.

If your enemies can learn from you, you will get better enemies.

Better enemies means better fights, and the entire population will benefit from it.

This is why we include our voice in our videos.

Ask for feedback on how you play, if you really want to improve, people will help.

If anything I'll help anyone in need.

Thanks again for lot's of great fights!

Especially the outnumbered ones, @Ble, @Sanna, @Scorn, @Xarrayne

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ble said:

Hands on help was offered, @Yumx and was ignored.  Prideful bunch.

Not saying we're a big dong-slinging guild now or anything, but Clams got a lot of advice from Winterblades as we were developing as a guild - on crafting, logistics, combat strategy and class distribution. It's helped a lot, we used to get destroyed in PvP not getting a single kill, and now we stand a much better chance in most fights. 
This game does have a lot of hidden knowledge or small optimizations that can add up to a lot when Group vs Group PvP is in the mix. 

If any guilds are looking for some guidance or knowledge, I know that Winterblades is always willing to help, regardless of which faction you're on, and us Clams can impart some of that knowledge as well.

Edited by Phr00t

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ble said:

Hands on help was offered, @Yumx and was ignored.  Prideful bunch.

RIP Nuk... but for real I appreciate the offer. You have to understand the politics of the situation.

7 minutes ago, Phr00t said:

If any guilds are looking for some guidance or knowledge, I know that Winterblades is always willing to help, regardless of which faction you're on, and us Clams can impart some of that knowledge as well.

W and Clams have helped my guild advance. I sincerely appreciate the help, enemies or not. There's a few people from each guild I talk to regularly and most of the time we have great conversations about the game and put all BS aside.

Edited by Bzra

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Bzra said:

RIP Nuk... but for real I appreciate the offer. You have to understand the politics of the situation.

I understand them.  But Yumx was saying we should help each other.  I opened up the HoA Necro to everyone, I reached out and offered help.  I just wanted him to know that efforts have been made.  Allowing access to our guild comms will not happen.  For a few reasons, but mostly because it won't help.  How to call a siege is secondary to many things, foremost being composition.  If you bring a bunch of mishaped groups, calling targets won't much make a difference.  What was offered was much more important than saying "kill bob".

Edited by Ble

Was a fun campaign, best pvp in quite awhile. Winter blades returning dramatically changed the score, would have been interesting if they would have jumped on order and really tried to pull off a win. GF all.

On 7/15/2019 at 1:58 PM, Angelmar said:

Yup.  Dolmar/uXa made a play by using Order alts to cap their own chaos points, but it back fired.  Enough of us were willing to return to CF to rain on that parade.

We kept geared chaos characters in Roethem keep to prevent uXa from trying to clear the cap bonus with an Order alt squad.

Having the entire CW ride on last Friday's siege of Roethem was pretty fun though. 

the use of 2 order alts is all that was used and we admitted it and it was used on outposts. The though that an alt squad on Roetham is ridiculous but clearly shows the level that balance has before and will perform.  knowing that the daily fights were pretty even and then to show up to throw off the numbers just simply shows that balance is not for a fair fight nor a truly balanced server. so be it but Chaos actions caused the balance reaction and had to adjust their play:) 

Clams and friends were good and gave us great fights, the most fun ive had yet until Big Brother had to show up because in their minds it was "righteous", so laughable. The continued use of spies in the faction just sitting there in the keep takes away from the game. at this level it is getting more and more difficult to want to login.

also, dont play the higher than you card about the alts when we have caught balance in the past red-handed flipping keeps with order to reset points. Balance simply has the numbers.

uDaTTsig_zpsdyyatdq1.png

2 hours ago, gracen said:

the use of 2 order alts is all that was used and we admitted it and it was used on outposts. The though that an alt squad on Roetham is ridiculous but clearly shows the level that balance has before and will perform.  knowing that the daily fights were pretty even and then to show up to throw off the numbers just simply shows that balance is not for a fair fight nor a truly balanced server. so be it but Chaos actions caused the balance reaction and had to adjust their play:) 

Clams and friends were good and gave us great fights, the most fun ive had yet until Big Brother had to show up because in their minds it was "righteous", so laughable. The continued use of spies in the faction just sitting there in the keep takes away from the game. at this level it is getting more and more difficult to want to login.

also, dont play the higher than you card about the alts when we have caught balance in the past red-handed flipping keeps with order to reset points. Balance simply has the numbers.

$DO  | |  !  $DO ;  try

try: command not found

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

2 hours ago, gracen said:

also, dont play the higher than you card about the alts when we have caught balance in the past red-handed flipping keeps with order to reset points.

I'd love to see your "caught red handed" evidence of this, because, well, it never happened.

IhhQKY6.gif

20 minutes ago, mandalore said:

$DO  | |  !  $DO ;  try

try: command not found

??

uDaTTsig_zpsdyyatdq1.png