Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bows

Craggin

The issue being you have tons of mobility and your melee is better, so why not keep the pressure on with melee?   There's a way to theorycraft a bow into a successful scenario but ranged is not a champions role.  Solo/small scale pvp, literally anything can work if its played well enough.

Used to run a build with bows way back just for some utility.
The damage itself wasn't a huge draw, but the ability to root someone beyond melee range was super handy.

dOkHYeX.jpg

231e101d88.jpg

A bow on a Champion is sort of like a tank going into Grozny: sure you can do it, but it's not a great idea.

The strengths of a Champion are all in the melee scrum with its built in class talent abilities and passives. The further away you build from its strengths, the less useful it becomes: meleeing on an Archer, for example. If you're up against no geared/under-geared/poorly geared players, then it may seem to do alright--but it's not quite a fair comparison in overall viability or usefulness, then if you fought against players with decent to good to great gear. 

Some class builds that aren't a Ranger, might take a bow for various utility purposes. In smaller group settings, this may provide group utility that might be lacking. There's also the synergy of a bow focused discipline with +Piercing damage/penetration, that works with daggers, that might help alleviate some of the damage/utility loss due to the bow discipline taking up a spot. Again, this is perhaps more useful in small groups depending on class composition, but as the group size grows, this usefulness often decreases as there's a wider variety of classes on the field, and often this means more focused classes for specific things: CC, tanking, etc.

I'm all for experimentation, and putting theory into combat practice (which I think is the best way to learn), but the bow-wielding Champion focuses on none of the class's strengths, and against half-way decently geared players, I think any damage dealt would be easily ignored.