Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.100 Snap Test Feedback Reports for 7/15/19

Any other harvesting nerds in here? Posting for visibility (in case anyone is about to report it as bugged like I was): What were previously 3 pip and 5 pip Harvest powers (Stamina restore and Furious Reaping) have been swapped, and the tooltip does reflect this! Stamina restore is now the 5 pip power, and Furious Reaping is now the 3 pip power.

This does make me question how that changes the interaction with the 4 pip power (doubles effect of next 1 or 2 pip power and stamina restore)... Furious Reaping doesn't seem to benefit from being empowered, and the Stamina restore is now too far away to be of practical use in a 4 pip-empowered rotation for harvesting. The rotations seemed to be just fine in the pip-cost order that they were in before, and if anything I'd have expected the 4 and 5 pip powers to swap.

:^)

Experiment Quality Difficulty Adder has been altered such that experimentation now decreases as higher quality resources are used in crafting.

This change is really interesting and solves a lot of the problems we perceived around common items having 10 pips now. The downside here though is that it makes wearing and crafting common gear even poorly made sockstier now that you can't get good experimentation on it with low passive training or bad gear. This has the benefit of encouraging players to farm for quality materials, but the downside of making the gap between a geared/passive trained player with a logistics chain larger - even with the stat squish.

I'd consider adjusting white gear from the base 50 experimentation difficulty to green at 40, move green to 35, and then follow the same progression. This makes it accessible to low tier trained blacksmiths while still making quality gear preferable.

Either way this is a net positive. 

The Inventory/character sheet screen is now a pain to remove when looting bodies or chests.  It no longer drops when you move and you cannot turn your vision or attack with it up.  It also requires pressing "I" to remove it instead of a simpler button in reach as the "F" key which is what usually brings up the Inventory/character sheet.

The new map background doesn't contrast well with the "this zone leads to that zone" lines, since they're both white and all.

GTAoE circles seem to be brighter (at least for Druid's Grasping Roots), that's quite nice ty

Posted (edited)

Wartribes now seem to be marked by light-green mounds, which is a lot less clear than the brown of before: b27e20ca57a28765044588c2c276fcf6.png

Also the contrast between the text labels for runegates, forts etc and the map (or the map's background) is poor, may we please have white text with black outline (or vice versa)?

Edited by Xarrayne

1 minute ago, Xarrayne said:

Wartribes now seem to be marked by light-green mounds, which is a lot less clear than the brown of before: b27e20ca57a28765044588c2c276fcf6.png

Also the contrast between the labels of runegates, forts etc and the map (or the map's background) is poor, may we please have white text on black background?

I kinda like the markers in the temple on god's reach, with the red arrow-like thingy. Only, maybe not for every building in the camp? just put one in the center. This is super unclear. 😕

Auto loot please! opening UI every time is tiresome!

Also why when you harvest does the item have to go to the ground? Just add it to your inventory please.

Should just start with lowest level axe and start from there, punching tress is just silly. You can still teach crafting from making people bandages, cooking, other crafting equipment.

I am assuming descriptions for classes will come.

Graphics are nice, animations are good, keep up the good work.

12 hours ago, galvia said:

This change is really interesting and solves a lot of the problems we perceived around common items having 10 pips now. The downside here though is that it makes wearing and crafting common gear even poorly made sockstier now that you can't get good experimentation on it with low passive training or bad gear. This has the benefit of encouraging players to farm for quality materials, but the downside of making the gap between a geared/passive trained player with a logistics chain larger - even with the stat squish.

I'd consider adjusting white gear from the base 50 experimentation difficulty to green at 40, move green to 35, and then follow the same progression. This makes it accessible to low tier trained blacksmiths while still making quality gear preferable.

Either way this is a net positive. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

these were made on a white vessel with maxed passive training, helper monkey, risk management, techniques, and ok-ish legendary jewelry. Still rolled 100+% on every stat (sans durability on purpose). Honestly I think difficulty is fine and doesn’t need to be lowered even more. Not sure if I like the change or not overall. Too easy to roll max % on legendary. 

Posted (edited)

The problem with your example oneply is that you are maxed and using legendary jewelry.

I think it is good that quality materials are much more likely to produce quality items, but it is bad that common materials will be potentially worse than they are on live due to the experimentation change for new players. That isn't in line with the changes they are trying to make.

A small adjustment is probably in order.

Edited by galvia

I’ll get on test later. Roll some with no passives or jewelry. Just my training and vessel stats. 

Ill also try some crafting on professions I have no training with. 

I think we are all in agreement that the change is good mechanically, but the values don't really line up with the stated intent of flattening the gear itemization curve except on a max trained and geared crafter. New or not fully trained players are going to produce total garbage gear from common materials with the experimentation difficulty set as high as it is now. If that end result is intentional then so be it, but the reality is we aren't going to see a significant change in what is actually viable from what we have on live if that is the case.

7 hours ago, Nexis234 said:

Also why when you harvest does the item have to go to the ground? Just add it to your inventory please.

Collecting doobers from a massive motherlode or loot explosion is one of the most satisfying and addicting things in this game. Picking up a random mushroom or some slag doesn't feel great, but the doober pickup is a great feature.

7 hours ago, Nexis234 said:

Should just start with lowest level axe and start from there, punching tress is just silly. You can still teach crafting from making people bandages, cooking, other crafting equipment.

You can grab axes out of the chests right as you leave the noobie island cave, so you don't need to start by actually punching a tree.

16 hours ago, Xarrayne said:

This does make me question how that changes the interaction with the 4 pip power (doubles effect of next 1 or 2 pip power and stamina restore)... Furious Reaping doesn't seem to benefit from being empowered, and the Stamina restore is now too far away to be of practical use in a 4 pip-empowered rotation for harvesting. The rotations seemed to be just fine in the pip-cost order that they were in before, and if anything I'd have expected the 4 and 5 pip powers to swap.

Yeah this change was shipped in the original 5.100 patch on test.

I agree that the interaction is weird now. This does improve harvesting speed at higher gear tiers, but the previous setup was very smooth at mid tiers of gear (where you would 4 - 1 - 3 for max stam and damage to node). It's likely that this is a response to the 5 Pip, Villien Active ability, 5 pip, 5 pip rotation that was happening and dealing a ton of damage.

10 minutes ago, KatzeWeiss said:

I think we are all in agreement that the change is good mechanically, but the values don't really line up with the stated intent of flattening the gear itemization curve except on a max trained and geared crafter. New or not fully trained players are going to produce total garbage gear from common materials with the experimentation difficulty set as high as it is now. If that end result is intentional then so be it, but the reality is we aren't going to see a significant change in what is actually viable from what we have on live if that is the case.

This is my sentiment exactly after messing with the changes. White gear wont be the start of viability because a crafter that is skilled enough to make perfect white gear is going to just make perfect blue/purple/legendary instead because it is stronger and easier to make (presuming you have the materials).

New players who don't have the Assembly skill high enough or can't acquire higher level materials will be stuck making whites and the experimentation chance and low number of total Experimentation points they have means their whites won't even live up to the ideal Blair posted earlier.

Current crafting system make more likely to have better results with training than without it and to have better results with high quality materials than with low quality materials. I think those things are good and probably we all agree.

Now, what should be the difference between the best item (high training and high quality materials) and the worst item (low training and low quality)? 100% better? 50% better? Unsignificant, making all the items pretty much the same? With that goal set the numbers can be adjusted to go there.

First time really playing, so take these with a grain of salt, as im literally, "right off the boat."

If you open up your Skills, Talents window, and "esc" out of them, when you loot or bring up the UI, all the old windows are still alive (like the talent tree is still there, have to manually close out of that window).

I like the harvesting and the game is relatively intuitive when you first log in, albeit very overwhelming when you have recopies for literally everything, and you have nothing.  I would love a default menu with scaled down 'possibilities.'

Female Nethari run animation is different, seems stiff or clunky. WHY did this change? seems to run similar to male wood elf, which is terrible, please fix both.

INVENTORY MUST CLOSE ON MOVEMENT, NO WAY ANYONE THINKS THIS IS A GOOD IDEA.

fire pit interaction good

too many tutorials

holding F for rune gate could be interesting

I thought was good before, wasn't a crazy pace and had meaning.

Can we keep the reticle the way it was, please, as a ranger and skinner I beg you,

DIZZY DIZZY DIZZY NO NO NO

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bazgul said:

INVENTORY MUST CLOSE ON MOVEMENT, NO WAY ANYONE THINKS THIS IS A GOOD IDEA.

fire pit interaction good

too many tutorials

Can we keep the reticle the way it was, please, as a ranger and skinner I beg you,

DIZZY DIZZY DIZZY NO NO NO

now you can type while running now. and since we all do alot of running it is a welcome change. 

agree on all the rest. 

Edited by oneply