Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

War Story of the Week: Xarrayne

Pann

24 minutes ago, Pann said:

Did you share some? If so, please link me. I didn't see it. 

Nope but a 2 second search on YouTube gave plenty of results in the last week. 

If you were following along with the drama of the Trial of Cybele I would think the taking of Roethams keep in the winter would be the video to share.

Or how about all the epic battles we had at Soldiers Fort. Literally the most action all campaign was there.

Idk warstory of the week sounds like what was the best story of the previous week. 

If you want I’ll start recording the slideshow I see in these battles. Bet it would be exciting to watch 🙄 

Obviously Ble trolling.

The point Oneply was clearly getting at, was the fact that most people expect War Stories to be from the current campaign and build. (not an unreasonable assumption)

Nikaomatixx sent in an awesome Soldier's Fort scrum to the #WarStories after distributing it out to other guilds, so when being told no other videos were submitted by Pann, the confusion is pretty obvious to a lot of players.

Proof - http://prntscr.com/oh01pv 1st vid link

proof - http://prntscr.com/oh05fg - 2nd vid link with soldiers fort 9 min fight

Not a big deal who wins the video obviously, but just throwing out some facts to clear the air and take some pressure off Oneply for being trolled asking a legitimate question.

Grats Xarry on your War Story! GF's this campaign to all, was a lot of fun this time around. Extra props to Clams for keeping it real.

Edited by Crushedvelvet

The War Story of the Week doesn't necessarily have to be from the current campaign/trial. We're looking to see what the story is, looking for an interesting, fun or exciting angle. If it's a video, what's the voice-over like? If there's no voice-over, are their some captions to explain what the viewer is seeing? People who don't know anything about Crowfall are simply lost when they see nothing but a bunch of small dudes running around on the screen, so there needs to be some sort of context to bring it together. (I should also mention that I've had to pass on a number of videos because of explicit lyrics in the background music.)

A well-edited video takes a good bit of time.  I think alot of people here are working professionals and might not have the amount of time necessary to take a good peice of content and produce it into a better story-like product over night.   I think that some current stories are great, but the stories should be timeless if they are going to be valuable.  They are mostly to communicate this game and how fun it can be from a slightly  less rigid experience than someone gets from watching a VoD or dry recording.

Personally, if a warstory cannot stand outside of its current trial, to me, it looses value.  And if it can stand outside of its current campaign, then why require it to be submitted during that campaign?

At least, thats how the stories that have been chosen seem to communicate when I watch them.  As if anyone, at any time, could watch that and get a feel for the brilliance of this game.

Edit: Neither of those two videos above are even stories, the first has music dropping Fbombs in.... The second one has a banner promoting someones stream across the top of it.  ??

Edited by Ble

@Pann

Could we get some clarification then what is considered explicit or not allowed?

The video the Crowfall team chose this week has a captioned on screen quote of "That's right, Aniki; custard him!" @2:41<-- forums auto editted F*** him to custard him....................

and uses the song "Big Booty Bitches" @ 4:40.

Since you obviously review these videos before choosing one, the above must not be considered explicit.

Please provide some guidelines to your community with what is and is not considered explicit so that people can make content that will be considered.

Thanks

@Ble

Neither Cursed guild video has swearing or explicit music or advertising. Not sure what you are looking at. 

9 min best fight of campaign - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX6nigWi_CQ

the 1 hp resuce save clip refferenced - 

I'm not lobbying our videos should won,  I'm honestly confused now whats being considered explicit, and why you'd be saying non explicit videos like ours are considered explicit. 

Edited by Crushedvelvet

4 minutes ago, Crushedvelvet said:

@Pann

Could we get some clarification then what is considered explicit or not allowed?

The video the Crowfall team chose this week has a captioned on screen quote of "That's right, Aniki; custard him!" <-- forums auto editted F him to custard him....................

Since you obviously review these videos before choosing one, the above must not be considered explicit.

Please provide some guidelines to your community with what is and is not considered explicit so that people can make content that will be considered.

Thanks

@Ble

Neither Cursed guild video has swearing or explicit music or advertising. Not sure what you are looking at. 

the 1 hp resuce save clip refferenced - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX6nigWi_CQ

I'm not lobbying our videos should won,  I'm honestly confused now whats being considered explicit, and why you'd be saying non explicit videos like ours are considered explicit. 

If you showed this to someone who knew nothing about Crowfall don't you think half of the fight just looks like someone is casting spells at a giant blob of HP bars?  Only people who play Crowfall can tell what is going on and Pann specifically said that the warstory needs to tell a story that doesn't need context.

8 minutes ago, Crushedvelvet said:

@Pann

The video the Crowfall team chose this week has a captioned on screen quote of "That's right, Aniki; custard him!" <-- forums auto editted F him to custard him....................

Thanks

@Ble

the 1 hp resuce save clip refferenced - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX6nigWi_CQ

From my perspective it just look like boys throwing a fit because they didn't win.  Hense the troll response (which I removed for feelings).  I think you should watch those videos and think "is this something that tells a story, that someone who does not play crowfall could follow and would cause them be interested in the game?" instead of "is it my turn to win?".

4 minutes ago, Hungry said:

If you showed this to someone who knew nothing about Crowfall don't you think half of the fight just looks like someone is casting spells at a giant blob of HP bars?  Only people who play Crowfall can tell what is going on and Pann specifically said that the warstory needs to tell a story that doesn't need context.

please read and comprehend - 

“ not lobbying our videos should won,  I'm honestly confused now whats being considered explicit, and why you'd be saying non explicit videos like ours are considered explicit. “

i fully understand that the videos submitted by mu guildmate were not captioned and in a “story” format. 

i was clearly replying to Ble who accused both our videos of having f bombs and other innaccurate statements.

9 minutes ago, Ble said:

From my perspective it just look like boys throwing a fit because they didn't win.  Hense the troll response (which I removed for feelings).  I think you should watch those videos and think "is this something that tells a story, that someone who does not play crowfall could follow and would cause them be interested in the game?" instead of "is it my turn to win?".

Ah man. Can you pm me the troll response? I want to laugh. 

I’ve seen plenty of war stories with no real context and horrid voice chat going on.