Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

War Story of the Week: Xarrayne

12 minutes ago, Staff said:

do people who dont play crowfall actually even look at the war stories? 

the only people outside of CF who would watch are gamers that would completely understand with 0 context what is going on in every video shared. or you know, a blurb can be written to add the context....

3 hours ago, Pann said:

We're looking to see what the story is, looking for an interesting, fun or exciting angle.

People who don't know anything about Crowfall are simply lost when they see nothing but a bunch of small dudes running around on the screen, so there needs to be some sort of context to bring it together.

(I should also mention that I've had to pass on a number of videos because of explicit lyrics in the background music.)

These 3 make me question if you actually watched the video all the way through.

Story (interesting or not)?

Context?

Explicit lyrics and captioning...

2 hours ago, Ble said:

"is this something that tells a story, that someone who does not play crowfall could follow and would cause them be interested in the game?"

What was the story for this one? Seems to be just another field fight during a siege with regular comms.

There isn't a beginning, middle, end. No explanation of what's going on or why this fight is happening. Just starts and stops during a few minutes of a fight in a video game.

Might be why CF is letting me down. There isn't much context or point to this "Throne War." Show up at X time, do the same fight, do it again tomorrow until a screen says someone won/lost. No build up, no change up, no story, no context. Reminds me quite a lot of pretty much any arena/bg in a MMO. However something like this fight could go on for hours/days in Vanilla WoW AV, 15 years ago, with more moving pieces.

9 minutes ago, APE said:

What was the story for this one? Seems to be just another field fight during a siege with regular comms.

There isn't a beginning, middle, end. No explanation of what's going on or why this fight is happening. Just starts and stops during a few minutes of a fight in a video game.

Might be why CF is letting me down. There isn't much context or point to this "Throne War." Show up at X time, do the same fight, do it again tomorrow until a screen says someone won/lost. No build up, no change up, no story, no context. Reminds me quite a lot of pretty much any arena/bg in a MMO. However something like this fight could go on for hours/days in Vanilla WoW AV, 15 years ago, with more moving pieces.

I think they were fighting over a centerpiece

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Pann said:

I've had to pass on a number of videos because of explicit lyrics in the background music.

Just curious here but at 2:45 Fu.k is said on the video and spelled out then at 4:26 to 6:22 Big bootie bitches song is played which repeats the phrase over and over and over again. How is that not explicit lyrics? Not to mention degrading to talk about a female in such a matter and then to be glorified by a game. Good job Crowfall your sexism is showing along with your favoritism. There were other videos that did tell a story and did not have to refer to women as bitches. And yes I would appreciate a reply stating how explicit is actually defined. 

Xarrayne Good video it was done nicely and congrats on your war story. 

Edited by Inkari
Forgot to be polite.

12 hours ago, Inkari said:

Just curious here but at 2:45 Fu.k is said on the video and spelled out then at 4:26 to 6:22 Big bootie bitches song is played which repeats the phrase over and over and over again. How is that not explicit lyrics? Not to mention degrading to talk about a female in such a matter and then to be glorified by a game. Good job Crowfall your sexism is showing along with your favoritism. There were other videos that did tell a story and did not have to refer to women as bitches. And yes I would appreciate a reply stating how explicit is actually defined. 

Xarrayne Good video it was done nicely and congrats on your war story. 

sexism is bad

20 hours ago, oneply said:

Nope but a 2 second search on YouTube gave plenty of results in the last week. 

If you were following along with the drama of the Trial of Cybele I would think the taking of Roethams keep in the winter would be the video to share.

Or how about all the epic battles we had at Soldiers Fort. Literally the most action all campaign was there.

Idk warstory of the week sounds like what was the best story of the previous week. 

If you want I’ll start recording the slideshow I see in these battles. Bet it would be exciting to watch 🙄 

That was a fun fight!!!

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2019 at 5:59 PM, Pann said:

The War Story of the Week doesn't necessarily have to be from the current campaign/trial. We're looking to see what the story is, looking for an interesting, fun or exciting angle. If it's a video, what's the voice-over like? If there's no voice-over, are their some captions to explain what the viewer is seeing? People who don't know anything about Crowfall are simply lost when they see nothing but a bunch of small dudes running around on the screen, so there needs to be some sort of context to bring it together. (I should also mention that I've had to pass on a number of videos because of explicit lyrics in the background music.)

/Bump

Multiple Crow's still curious to get an answer on this...

@jtoddcoleman @thomasblair

@Pann

Could we get some clarification then what is considered explicit or not allowed?

The video the Crowfall team chose this week has a captioned on screen quote of "That's right, Aniki; custard him!" @2:41<-- forums auto editted F*** him to custard him....................

and uses the song "Big Booty Bitches" @ 4:40.

Since you obviously review these videos before choosing one, the above must not be considered explicit.

Please provide some guidelines to your community with what is and is not considered explicit so that people can make content that will be considered.

Thanks

Edited by Crushedvelvet