Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Werebeast

Will there be more races/Classes?

Im only asking because Id love to see more non-human/Non-elf races added. I love the mino, elken and stoneborn but Id love to see like a werebear like creature or a wolf like creature as well who are savage looking somewhat like the mino. Id like a beast creature or some such thing to be able to be a druid as well, I wouldn't mind some Orc or some such thing either as it would be cool and could offer some neat passives.

I just started but I am in love with this game and I only want it to grow, new races and maybe some more classes after frostweaverwould be cool and I think this game could pull off anything it decides to do. (A warlock, Occultist or beastmaster would be cool.) 

1489046778.sylveira_eonawip.pngRussell-Dongjun-Lu-Concept-Art-04-2018-L

There has been some discussion of adding "wereforms" (like Shadowbane https://morloch.shadowbaneemulator.com/index.php?title=Wereform), as maybe a discipline rune you could add to your character to shapeshift - would require additional art and animations though so wouldn't be possible until after launch.

tiPrpwh.png

Posted (edited)

Shapeshifting would be cool but I was going more toward like an actual bear/wolf person or maybe an orc (More like warhammer) Or a troll or something. Id love to play as more monsters and have more of their kind added to the player roster. But Im pretty pumped for whatever this game pushes out!

The real reason I want it is because the bear people/bearkin could be very Scottish or Irish and have kilts and themed around celtic mythology in appearance which is hardly ever used cosmetically in games or even theme wise for most races. (Id love to be a beast type character who is a druid as well, so I can listen to my bagpipes as I run around casting roots <3) We have a lot of Greek/roman looking stuff (Centaur and mino) and the half giant makes me think Scandinavian or typical viking fantasy appearance. Id love to have some Celtic stuff too 

Edited by Werebeast

I saw your forum name, and immediately though about wereforms, haha!

As VaMei mentioned, ACE has been open about the possibility of future race/class options - it comes down to time and dev resources. Bear race would definitely be cool.

tiPrpwh.png

3 minutes ago, whisky said:

Doing away with the extra human race and one of the Elf races to bring in literally any of the races OP suggests would be really cool.

Why get rid of races that have already been created?

IhhQKY6.gif

6 minutes ago, Jah said:

Why get rid of races that have already been created?

Obviously because I find them redundant and I don't like them. It's my opinion and I am sure yours is different I am equally sure it won't matter to me, so we can skip it this time.

Posted (edited)

How the game is made design wise it realy realy easy to add new classes and races into the game so you can expect to see more after release.

Here a though for when they add new races they could make it a special item drop recipe so lets say scroll of the werebear this is a hidden recipe for the scroll case that unlocks that crafting recipe with 2 dura on or something so they can craft 2 vessels out of that scroll. these vessels wont be stronger per say than your standard ones but should offer something unique skill/passive line that other races dont have.

Campaign in the future could have race or class restriction in aswell in there rulesets if the devs so choose to do so, could be an interesting campaign to try

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)

They've already hinted at the potential idea of doing a full blown Bard class and re-naming the Bard rune to Minstrel.

The Aracoix already have a model and some animations so I could see them being a playable race soon.

The sky is the limit really. The don't have to worry about PvE raid composition balance so they can do some wacky and wild stuff.

Edited by ZYBAK

3 hours ago, whisky said:

Obviously because I find them redundant and I don't like them. It's my opinion and I am sure yours is different I am equally sure it won't matter to me, so we can skip it this time.

That you don't like the races you suggested removing is indeed obvious. What isn't obvious is how removing them would help to add other races.

IhhQKY6.gif

9 minutes ago, Jah said:

That you don't like the races you suggested removing is indeed obvious. What isn't obvious is how removing them would help to add other races.

Remove all non humans races from the game

4cf.jpg

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jah said:

I never said anywhere it would help anything. I mean, we can deduce through logical thought that it will help me enjoy the game more because I won't have to see something I don't like however, in the grand scheme of things my likes/dislikes are pretty irrelevant and should only matter to me. Furthermore, it's not really that big of a deal. As I said, it's just my opinion no where did I, nor would I suggest they make the game the way I think it should be made, nor do I think anyone seriously (except you for some really weird reason) considers my opinions. Well I take them seriously, but that's just me.

TLDR:

I don't like Elves. Less is better, in my opinion. I do not think the fire finger human race brings anything to the game. Again, in my opinion. I would like to see more mystical creatures in the game as playable races because in my opinion, they are cool. Can we be done now?

Edited by whisky

46 minutes ago, whisky said:

I never said anywhere it would help anything.

It was the "do this to do that" phrasing that made me think that.

7 hours ago, whisky said:

Doing away with the extra human race and one of the Elf races to bring in literally any of the races

IhhQKY6.gif

15 minutes ago, Jah said:

It was the "do this to do that" phrasing that made me think that.

Well...I didn't really expect anyone to reply to it, so I wasn't very concerned about the phrasing. But, you got me I guess, grats? I am just going to carry on with my life now.

Personally I think the game needs more elves.
A Half-Giant Elf would be a good start, pls and thank you.
In fact, replace all existing races with elves.

231e101d88.jpg

25 minutes ago, Groovin said:

Personally I think the game needs more elves.
A Half-Giant Elf would be a good start, pls and thank you.
In fact, replace all existing races with elves.

I would legit just not even bother at that point lmfao

1 hour ago, whisky said:

Well...I didn't really expect anyone to reply to it, so I wasn't very concerned about the phrasing. But, you got me I guess, grats? I am just going to carry on with my life now.

I mean I feel you, I don't see the point in the elves or humans at least not with how many there are. Half elf? Like does it matter? Wood-elves and high elves look better, and then the fae remind me a lot of elves? (Basically dark angel elves in this version of them.) And then we half two versions of humans whom to me.. don't seem different? I don't know all races ill never touch but Im glad they are there for those who like em I guess,

Netheri...Nefari...flaming finger humans, bring nothing to the game that humans can't fill. I like FAE and you are right, the two pure elf races  can cover elf well enough. I should say also, this is just based on pure cosmetics, I am  in no way bringing racials or stats in to this discussion.

I think Centaur, Minotaur and Elken are awesome! FAE is cool, I would like to see a Wee race, halfling, kinder, hobbit, w/e just for more eye candy, any of the werebear/wolf/fox/rabbit races sound cool, I dunno, I just think it is an awesome start with what they have now, I would really like to see other races introduced and developed over what is essentially clone races. Knowing we are in a very early test phase I would not ask for production to stop in order to facilitate these races, but it would be cool if they could come along later.