Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Werebeast

Will there be more races/Classes?

7 minutes ago, whisky said:

Netheri...Nefari...flaming finger humans, bring nothing to the game that humans can't fill. I like FAE and you are right, the two pure elf races  can cover elf well enough. I should say also, this is just based on pure cosmetics, I am  in no way bringing racials or stats in to this discussion.

I think Centaur, Minotaur and Elken are awesome! FAE is cool, I would like to see a Wee race, halfling, kinder, hobbit, w/e just for more eye candy, any of the werebear/wolf/fox/rabbit races sound cool, I dunno, I just think it is an awesome start with what they have now, I would really like to see other races introduced and developed over what is essentially clone races. Knowing we are in a very early test phase I would not ask for production to stop in order to facilitate these races, but it would be cool if they could come along later.

Races I would like include Bear-people ( As I mentioned above), Lizardmen or dinosaur like people, Orcs (Please make them more like warhammer, savage and relentless.) Maybe Some form of undead? Like a Lich or something that is kind of joining in with the antics for the hell of it, Maybe a demon (Or something akin to it, maybe a occultist/demon caster class to go along with it?) Goblins, Ratmen(Skaven like), Goatmen (Not as bulky as the mino, but more savage than the elken.) Maybe Tengu, or some form of Avian.

This game has no limits and Im so pumped, Im struggling a bit to get into it but Im enjoying it at the same time. I die alot on my mino champion, but Im not giving up and want to try it all but Im going to stick to non-human/elf races. Im tired of them, And even the stoneborn feels too dwarf to me for me to really play it as Im not a huge fan of them either (At least not as MY player character. But I Can appreciate them when they are standing beside me, as I Can elves and humans.) 

6 hours ago, ZYBAK said:
6 hours ago, ZYBAK said:

The Aracoix already have a model and some animations so I could see them being a playable race soon.

Zy, Aracoix is Fae, no ?

1 hour ago, soulein said:

More classes for existing races please. Centaur Ranger, High Elf Cleric, open up duelist to other races...

I've had this sitting around for a while. If I could add one class to each race, it might be this.

Though revisiting it, I'd not add knight to any. Kind of felt like a throwaway as the other classes didn't seem to fit right with those races.
Also no Frostweaver, because don't even know what it's like.

Maybe Mino assassin for memes.

TbxYXnH.jpg

231e101d88.jpg

Posted (edited)

This game need to boost the Stoneborn race, so we can finally use it like myrmidon( a good myrm I mean) and start to kick elven asses :D

Maybe reducing the cooldown of the race skill (too long for me) and the malus of healing received from 50% to 25%

Edited by Borak_Bloodaxe

14 hours ago, Werebeast said:

Im tired of them, And even the stoneborn feels too dwarf to me for me to really play it as Im not a huge fan of them either (At least not as MY player character. But I Can appreciate them when they are standing beside me, as I Can elves and humans.) 

I can understand this. I personally dislike dwarfs in any game and agree that stoneborn are also ruined to me.

2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I can understand this. I personally dislike dwarfs in any game and agree that stoneborn are also ruined to me.

So at the moment I've got elken, Mino and the lil furball to play. Because I can't bring myself to touch the others XD; Which is sort of what led to me making this thread. Im surprised honestly, most communities hate the idea of non-human races (I came from guild wars 2.)

14 minutes ago, Werebeast said:

So at the moment I've got elken, Mino and the lil furball to play. Because I can't bring myself to touch the others XD; Which is sort of what led to me making this thread. Im surprised honestly, most communities hate the idea of non-human races (I came from guild wars 2.)

Fae should be tried, the wings really made me like the race.

50 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Fae should be tried, the wings really made me like the race.

Eh, Too elf looking. Or I should say they are too  conventionally "Pretty" for me, I don't know I can appreciate them being next to me but I find them boring as a player character (Which comes down to personal taste.)

Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 12:35 PM, Borak_Bloodaxe said:

This game need to boost the Stoneborn race, so we can finally use it like myrmidon( a good myrm I mean) and start to kick elven asses :D

Maybe reducing the cooldown of the race skill (too long for me) and the malus of healing received from 50% to 25%

We'll roll stoneborn just for the memes!

*queue the boys are back in town*

Edited by Yumx

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

On 7/21/2019 at 3:40 AM, Yumx said:

We'll roll stoneborn just for the memes!

*queue the boys are back in town*

Glorious rock boi's. All kidding aside they are boring as hell XD

On 7/19/2019 at 2:51 AM, Groovin said:

Personally I think the game needs more elves.
A Half-Giant Elf would be a good start, pls and thank you.
In fact, replace all existing races with elves.

Half elf doesn't fit the lore already, I mean, what does it matter if they exist? Wouldn't be logical then that humans are a variation of elfs or the opposite?

If there was only the classic ´´Elf`` and ´´Wood Elf`` I would like it way more, I mean, there aren't sub races of Minotaurs or Guineceans, it would be just to extra, same thing with the Kronos Damn Elfs

Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 5:14 AM, Groovin said:

TbxYXnH.jpg

You have really cool ideas, but some stuff here would not be very lore wise, for instance:

Knights have a noble blood meaning in their ´´backgrounds``, you could not get it from a Minotaur, since all of them are former slaves from the High-Elfs, it would be really awkward to see a Mino Knight, but then again, it is really weird to thing about a Stoneborn Kight as well, since they carry literally no blood, nor houses or families.

Also, I think the reason for the Fae or centaur to not be rangers... just Balance, they would be REALLY broken otherwise. Guineceans are literally Duelists in their nature, it would be weird for a human to be a duelist. It makes more sense than a Knighted Dwarf, anyway.

I am not gonna comment on the Myrmdon Guineceans.

The Elken also could never be druids, since Elken are transformed humans and those also cant be druids. At least that was what I got from the Lore.

About the Knighs noble blood again, Wood Elfs? Yeah...

Half Giants with all that muscle using little knives and bows?

Well, that was my thoughts on your list, what do you think?

Glorious rock boi's. All kidding aside they are boring as hell XD

We are NOT boring, you are the one that is just too energetic!

forgemaster.jpg

Edited by Hitsaus

12 minutes ago, Hitsaus said:

You have really cool ideas, but some stuff here would not be very lore wise, for instance:

Knights have a noble blood meaning in their ´´backgrounds``, you could not get it from a Minotaur, since all of them are former slaves from the High-Elfs, it would be really awkward to see a Mino Knight, but then again, it is really weird to thing about a Stoneborn Kight as well, since they carry literally no blood, nor houses or families.

Also, I think the reason for the Fae or centaur to not be rangers... just Balance, they would be REALLY broken otherwise. Guineceans are literally Duelists in their nature, it would be weird for a human to be a duelist. It makes more sense than a Knighted Dwarf, anyway.

I am not gonna comment on the Myrmdon Guineceans.

The Elken also could never be druids, since Elken are transformed humans and those also cant be druids. At least that was what I got from the Lore.

About the Knighs noble blood again, Wood Elfs? Yeah...

Half Giants with all that muscle using little knives and bows?

Well, that was my thoughts on your list, what do you think?

Mino knight is one I'm not really sure on. I like the idea on paper, and it's really one of the only classes that might fit. Ignoring any lore of course.

Centaur rangers are a bit of a hot topic among some. They're a mythology staple, and I don't see why they shouldn't be included. It wouldn't be much different to wood elves with their trailmaster and blink. Fae rangers is more capitalising on their ability, a slippery flyer, to me, is a fitting choice for a ranger.

As for Human and Half-Elf duelists, I think half elves need love, and duelist should be opened up a bit more.
My thought behind it is perhaps some less than savoury humans or half elves were able to procure duelist arms, gunpowder, etc and recreate it through extensive study. Eventually it would spread from there. Something like that.

Myrm Rats could totally happen. Deep down you know you want it.

I think we already discussed elken druids earlier, or in another thread. I like the concept, but it is indeed not lore friendly currently.

I disagree. When I think wood elves, I'm sure they'd have some sort of guardians or protectors for ground warfare, and close quarters.
Also they don't have plate wearers currently. So knight is a good pick.

I don't think you should discount half giant rangers. They're basically nomadic hunters and brawlers. Why they wouldn't learn how to use a bow is odd.
Also minotaurs can be rangers, and they've got big sausage fingers.
Besides, using a bow requires muscle. Less dex, more str. Video games have been lying to you.

With that all said, I'd honestly like to see all classes open to all races.
Balance be damned.

231e101d88.jpg

7 minutes ago, Groovin said:

Mino knight is one I'm not really sure on. I like the idea on paper, and it's really one of the only classes that might fit. Ignoring any lore of course.

Well, yeah, ignoring lore.

8 minutes ago, Groovin said:

Centaur rangers are a bit of a hot topic among some. They're a mythology staple, and I don't see why they shouldn't be included. It wouldn't be much different to wood elves with their trailmaster and blink. Fae rangers is more capitalising on their ability, a slippery flyer, to me, is a fitting choice for a ranger.

I agree that is the classical mythology Centaur, but again, I just can't leave the balance sense out of this, it would just not work, they are too fast!

9 minutes ago, Groovin said:

As for Human and Half-Elf duelists, I think half elves need love, and duelist should be opened up a bit more.
My thought behind it is perhaps some less than savoury humans or half elves were able to procure duelist arms, gunpowder, etc and recreate it through extensive study. Eventually it would spread from there. Something like that.

Yeah, we will have to disagree with the elves need love part. Humans could discover gunpowder, but I like it to be a guinecean thing so much... let the little fellas have something exclusive!

11 minutes ago, Groovin said:

Myrm Rats could totally happen. Deep down you know you want it.

heresy

12 minutes ago, Groovin said:

I think we already discussed elken druids earlier, or in another thread. I like the concept, but it is indeed not lore friendly currently.

I didn't saw that, but I agree that the concept would be pleasant.

13 minutes ago, Groovin said:

I disagree. When I think wood elves, I'm sure they'd have some sort of guardians or protectors for ground warfare, and close quarters.
Also they don't have plate wearers currently. So knight is a good pick.

I still think about the blood line and it doesn't fit them very much, the classic wood elf is generally not very organized with families and politics, witch are the Knights thing, Oath to superiors, hierarchy and etc. It just makes sense to me that they are more fragile, they are woodpeople.

16 minutes ago, Groovin said:

I don't think you should discount half giant rangers. They're basically nomadic hunters and brawlers. Why they wouldn't learn how to use a bow is odd.
Also minotaurs can be rangers, and they've got big sausage fingers.
Besides, using a bow requires muscle. Less dex, more str. Video games have been lying to you.

Now that you mentioned, it would make great sense to them being hunters, but seeing them so big and clumsy makes me wonder if they just throw axes in animals. But I agree with you, it would be totally acceptable for half giants to be rangers, as minotaurs are, since their theme is after the hunter god.

Well, Yeah. Bow requires muscle in real life.

However, this is a fantastical universe where you shoot arrow like a custard machine gun, therefore applying realistic logic here is not always a good idea, since video games also have been lying about minotaurs. In games, using a bow requires a lot of dex, not a lot of str.

22 minutes ago, Groovin said:

With that all said, I'd honestly like to see all classes open to all races.
Balance be damned.

God forbid!

e75.jpg

A part of me is thinking it would be cool to have racial cosmetic skins which would make a race appear different (Like a Guinecean as a Mouse, or a Elken as a Moose), maybe to some extent that would be cool.

What I'm REALLY hoping for is unlockable races. Ever since they hinted at the fact that War Tribe races could be "recruited" or "allied", my immediate thought was: "omg, we could harvest their body parts, and craft them into playable vessels" (a dark thought, yes I know). I pray to the true gods ery day that this or something like this can happen.

9 minutes ago, MrMugglez said:

What I'm REALLY hoping for is unlockable races.

This would be a cool idea for a progression reward in the future. Something like you have to accumulate enough Campaign points or meet certain in-game goals and then you are able to make an Aracroix character.

tiPrpwh.png

I am still all in for the Hamstaur:

On 5/15/2015 at 8:43 PM, Kraahk said:

T h e   H a m s t a u r
"of noble steed"

Role: Tank
Strength ooo  -  Dexterity oo  -  Intellect o  -  Spirit oooo

dY016B4.jpg

My name is Dissus Hilarius. I was born to be a noble Steed. I knew it the first moment my clammy eyes opened after my birth. Though i was born with claws instead of hooves, i knew it would just be a matter of time. So i did wait. I waited a long, long time.

My brothers were laughing their asses off, telling me without cease that i was a hamster. What ignorance. What blasphemy! What an insult! I was on the edge of totally freaking out, when one of them said 'Yes, you will be a noble steed -- as soon as the world ends.'  And they laughed even louder. But i calmed down. For even in my younger days i knew: If one thing is for sure, then that the end always will come, some day.

So i sat down and waited. Then i stood up an prepared myself. Then i sat down and waited again. And so on and so forth.

But it was not until "this winter" ended, that i met my true destiny. The world had gotten cold. Colder than usual. All around my people were crying, shouting that the end was near. Things were transforming wierdly. Everywhere chaos and destruction, weeping and despair. But not with me. For i, and i only, knew what this meant. So now it was me to laugh and i asked them what they would prefer to be when the world ends: A weeping hamster or a noble steed? Satisfied i turned my back on them and waited for my true destiny to come. And it came.

My name is Dissus Hilarius. I died to be a noble Steed. I knew it the first moment my frozen eyes opened after my death. Though i was reborn with the head of a hamster instead of a horse and i am technically a hamstaur, i knew it will just be a matter of time. For i learned: If you laugh into fates ugly face, then reaching your goals is just a matter of time an faith. Nothing will hold me from reaching my goals.

Since the two other suggestions I made in this old thread (bard and pigmen) already came true, I will allow myself to be quite optimistic. :D

I have no doubt that we will see several new races and classes and combinations in the time after launch. I believe to remember them mentioning (in the dark ages) that one idea to make VIP more interesting may be to unlock new classes a months earlier than for the plebs. 

2W1ZHpA.jpg