Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.100 Snap Test Feedback Reports for 7/23/19

Posted (edited)

Hi, hope it is ok that my feedback is a long one, also I hope I am doing this correctly. I got an email that said I would get a cup if I played Crowfall and left feedback. I guess my first bit of feedback is add links to the e-mails. Where to download the client and where to leave feedback would be nice.

To preference my feedback, I played on an eternal kingdom the whole time. I played a fairy druid. I also have little experience with Crowfall. I do not know what is coming in patches, I do not know what has changed. I am commenting on the game as it is. These are only my opinions of the game as is. I swear, my overall impression is positive though!

Cons: Sorry this list is longer then Pros, but I mean, game isn't done right?

• I did not figure out a way to unlock my camera from the mouse- I will not be refunding my game if I cannot change this... but I will not be able to play the game if this remains unchanged. Having the mouse swings control my character's movement makes me motion sick after about 30 minutes. That is really not a long enough time for an MMO.
  • Harvesting, what do?- I never figured out how the harvesting minigame works. I could not find a tutorial.
  • Logout- I could not find a button. /camp and /logoff did nothing. I tried /quit and /logout too.
  • Clicking and dragging items is weird- the picture of the item leads the grid placement of the item in the inventory. I feel like I am dragging a bad dog around my inventory when trying to place things.
  • Crafting is clunky-At first I did not like the UI. Paging through recipes felt sticky and slow. After that the actual crafting is slow. If I could click the wood slot and get a drop down with appropriate wood types from my inventory that would feel nice, plus, when faced with items that have esoteric names I could not feel like a chimp trying to figure out which pegs fits in which hole.
  • The menu is not great- when I hit escape so much stuff pops in front of my screen. I start my pros saying how immersive the game was. This means having a single key remove 80% of my field of vision feels like getting into a car accident. It would feel better to me if escape only opened the toolbar ribbon, and maybe the character sheet. Maybe it would be better if no menu took up the whole width of the screen. Also, the game has a way of remembering what menus were open previously. This means when I hit the escape key I might see my talent tree, crafting window, bank, ect all overlapping. Please just have esc open the ribbon, have the rest on separate hotkeys.
  • The UI is not great- I do not like the way menus can overlap. I do not appreciate the way I can move them around and cannot lock their positions. I do not like how they look. I think the UI does not fit the game and is kind of general ugly and hard edged. It does not feel themed for a game with magic and swords.
  • No minimap- hope this comes. I am literally lost without one. The inability to rotate the wold map makes it hard for me to read the compass thing that related to my character. A minimap would fix that for me.
  • SPRINTING UP HILLS- If I hold the sprint (flap) button I can float up hills and mountains. This feels like it is pretty exploitable.
  • Map Construction- Placing map tiles feels slow and clunky. I would like a rotate map and zoom button. I was surprised when I got mountains and hills. Having paths detailed on pieces would help me get ideas too.
  • Building placement- This was super clunky. It felt bad and I often did not know what was conflicting with pieces. The amount of struggle I had placing an object left me just wishing I could have stuff clip into each other. Placing one item at time was not great either. Let me dump all my legos onto the carpet before arranging them! Let me unlock my camera from a single piece and float around my land. I would like the see from various angles. This would really help with socketed buildings.
  • Socketed buildings- Ok, I get it, I really do. This could be cool. It is not cool. It takes too long to chase down a socket before it magnetizes to a spot. After that, I had some buildings that were placed slightly wrong so I could not place the socketed item. This means I had to back out, readjust the building placement, then use the slow UI to re-socket it, only to find there was still a weird bit of terrain collision preventing placement! This was annoying. Again, being able to see what piece of terrain was conflicting would have been nice. Mark it in red/yellow or something please. Another idea would be to have socket only buildings automatically pick a socket to plug into. I can only place the item on the parcel so replace the height adjustment buttons with buttons that cycle through all available sockets on the parcel. I can only place it in specific spots, why make me hunt for them and struggle to align the parts? Similar with socket optional pieces, give me a button to toggle socket mode.

Here is how I have to build a long ramp now. Hit esc to open my inventory, close 3 windows, right click item. Placement grid opens. I move the item by spamming the direction keys I get the ramp into place. Spam more keys to rotate it. Adjust height with more clicking, click to place. Hit escape, click new ramp, spam keys to move the new ramp to the old ramp. Adjust height until the new ramp finally magnetizes to the old. Get denied because there is a small rock or something that I cannot see because I cannot zoom in while placing items. Uninstall game.

Here is what I would like to see. Hit esc and see my inventory. Click the ramp and have it open placement mode. See all placeable items in my inventory, click and drag my ramps onto the placement grid. Click and drag the first ramp into place, use my mouse wheel to scroll. Click my second ramp, hit a key to enter socket mode. Watch as the ramp flies the connect with a house or something dumb. Hit the next key until it is on the correct side of the ramp I wanted. Get denied because there is a small rock or something but then be able to ZOOM IN AND SEE THE PROBLEM. Go clear the rock, finish placement, and feel accomplished!

Sorry to get so negative at the end but I just played a bunch to double check my feedback claims and got really motion sick.

Pros:

• The game is responsive in a way that makes me feel like my character is in the world- This is the absolute biggest thing for me. Gliding, jumping, walking, sprinting, it all feels good. When I hit a control my character moves in the world. It is smooth and feels nice. When I go forward there is no screen tearing and everything moves nicely. I feel really invested in a game when it is like this. I loved the heck out of the gameplay and story in Wildstar and Rifts but I could never iron out the wrinkles in those games’ camera. It took me out and I left those games for pretty much just that reason. I could never fully invest in the world. I have played a ton of games/mmo's but those two in particular I left only because my character felt like they were just juttering through a fake world. This is pre-alpha, really? It feels so good to play already. If I could fix the camera I would play the game just to move around the world.
  • I can see Crowfall's wargame theme- The way that the map is stylized and has nameplates is fun. The font on the map works. Heck, even my character looks like a figurine. The textures make her look like a war-gaming piece. The wings even have a matte finish.
  • There are some neat ideas with the harvesting- I like the idea of bonuses. The targets are cool, even if I did not figure out how they worked.
  • Animations- They feel good, look smooth.
Edited by McNally86

6 minutes ago, McNally86 said:

Sorry to get so negative at the end but I just played a bunch to double check my feedback claims and got really motion sick.

EK's haven't really been worked on yet. expect major changes here. The Map and UI is pretty bad, but both are quite old and haven't been had any focus on them yet. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

EK's haven't really been worked on yet. expect major changes here. The Map and UI is pretty bad, but both are quite old and haven't been had any focus on them yet. 

Even better to get feedback on them right? I rather find out I might have a problem 2 hours into a job than 4 hours into a job. They can always just ignore my post, I wont be hurt. Unless I don't get my cup, I WANT THAT CUP!

Edit: Do you think I got sick because of EK's? No, it's the camera in general.

Edited by McNally86

First time feedback

only played to test latency

some feed back on Clunky player interface

1. Looting puts you into survival mode but you have to use esc to exit this. Why?  Why even in survival mode? why not just let the player loot and then still be in whatever mode they are in?

2. Loot all hotkey or button would be nice

3. Unable to mouse look why in campfire. Really annoying. 

4. There needs to be a way for use to maneuver the crafting screen and your back pack within easy reach.  Also color coding materials would be SUPER helpful as well.

5. Too many clicking to confirm buttons. Players should auto take whatever they build and also auto continuously build would be helpful as well. If they want to destroy or get rid of them alter that should be done within the back pack menu and not require an additional click. 

I love the mix and match of that classes with the  Disciplines, that really open up the classes to a lot of variation.  I made about 5 toons the only one that seemed really weak (or at least confusing/underwhelming) was the Druid, with dryad/pixie.  I was having a problem putting Form life on the combat bar and all the cooldowns seemed really long, which left me to use the sickle most of the time, and that didn't seem very strong in its own right.  when I was attacking with the sickle there were some odd lightning shots going all over the place, not sure if that was intended. 

Crafting was very deep, but honestly it put me off.  I couldn't sit there for 5min to make 15 bandages, if there could be a "Make 15 and auto loot" I might be more inclined to do it.  Looting for combat, kind of the same, aoe loot with auto pickup.  Too many thing happening to sit there are hit a bunch of confirmations just to loot 4Gold and poor boots.  Targeting with a ranged character was a liitle tuff, as the camera has to be directly behind the character, I like to play ranged with about a 15-20% angle to see a little better

Hunger/No regen kicked in at when i had about 3 chicken legs left, I would have assumed that they would all have to be gone before that happened.  rate of consumption seemed a but high as well. 

Animations are look pretty smooth.  The horns on my Minotaur myrmidon disappeared with his mail helmet on.

10 minutes ago, godzilr1 said:

I love the mix and match of that classes with the  Disciplines, that really open up the classes to a lot of variation.  I made about 5 toons the only one that seemed really weak (or at least confusing/underwhelming) was the Druid, with dryad/pixie.  I was having a problem putting Form life on the combat bar and all the cooldowns seemed really long, which left me to use the sickle most of the time, and that didn't seem very strong in its own right.  when I was attacking with the sickle there were some odd lightning shots going all over the place, not sure if that was intended. 

the random lightning is a visual bug, and which subclass of druid were you, earthkeeper is pure heals, archdruid is focused around dropping heals and blighting them while being bad every where else, and stormcaller has massive damage potential

Crafting was very deep, but honestly it put me off.  I couldn't sit there for 5min to make 15 bandages, if there could be a "Make 15 and auto loot" I might be more inclined to do it.  Looting for combat, kind of the same, aoe loot with auto pickup.  Too many thing happening to sit there are hit a bunch of confirmations just to loot 4Gold and poor boots.  Targeting with a ranged character was a liitle tuff, as the camera has to be directly behind the character, I like to play ranged with about a 15-20% angle to see a little better

factories are meant to handle the multi craft thing, they arent in yet

Hunger/No regen kicked in at when i had about 3 chicken legs left, I would have assumed that they would all have to be gone before that happened.  rate of consumption seemed a but high as well. 

they buffed the chicken ticker, previously it started debuffing after losing 3  ticks now its when you have 3 left, but the rate of consumption is higher then intended atm

Animations are look pretty smooth.  The horns on my Minotaur myrmidon disappeared with his mail helmet on.

a cosmetic fix that will probably come later, theres only 6 models of armor for each race, 3 per gender and 1 per armor type, they havent put much effort into cosmetic things yet since theyre still making the core systems of the game

I found the game to be in better stat than I played it last time.

I really appreciated the fact that you can now hit the critical marker when gathering much easier. The game also felt somehow more fluid. I liked that you left me the points I have accumulated.

I find it disappointing that I can't see what an ability actually does in the talent tree. You gain [Whatever] just doesn't cut it when making an informed decision.

Even though I have played the game before and I have crafted items I still find it confusing as hell. What I miss is a clear connection what is for what and what it least to. What you can craft right now and what you need special place to craft in. It's just randomly tossed into crafting screen for now.

I don't like the fact that my kill points are wasted after filling a skill tree to 100%.

I found it much better when you had clear definitions of advanced classes in the skill trees. No I just have to guess what talents I should pick and how they synergize. I need to read a LOT of information to get a general idea what the talent tree ultimate class is. Don't get me wrong, I DO like that you have point system instead of nowadays usual a), b) or c). It's just it would be much better if you put some color below the branch, maybe a nice image symbolizing / depicting what the branch is for and toss in a short description.

I played only until the faction temple, didn't feel like going further for now. I spent maybe an hour just getting there. Browsing through all the stuff.

I've considered this game to be just a phase before other games that I actually care about come out, but I am always surprised how much time I spend in the game. That's a good sign. I think I might invest more time than planned into it after all. ;)

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Sowelu said:

[...]I can't see what an ability actually does in the talent tree. You gain [Whatever] just doesn't cut it when making an informed decision.

Even though I have played the game before and I have crafted items I still find it confusing as hell. What I miss is a clear connection what is for what and what it least to. What you can craft right now and what you need special place to craft in. It's just randomly tossed into crafting screen for now.

I don't like the fact that my skill points are wasted after filling a skill tree to 100%.[..]

On the first point: if you mouse over where it says [Whatever] it will show you a much more detailed tooltip. It sometimes takes a few mouseovers or closing and re-opening the talent window to get the mouse-over to register, but it's there! Having some themed background pictures and short description for each spec to give an at-a-glance idea of what each branch is best at is a good idea for sure, but that's probably quite low-priority for the art team right now.

Second point: yeah the current crafting window is not very intuitive at all, and it's hard to keep track of what you need to craft various components and final pieces unless you've spent a year or so doing it beforehand... ACE did tease a crafting window that looked like the screenshot below a year or two ago, which is way more user-friendly but still hasn't made it into our hands :( 

99510fc48164f36fa5a7c8c45c0518d6.png

Third point: OK no response to this, I just agree lol... Would be nice if you could transfer points to other adjacent trees, even if it's at a loss of some of the accrued points. That way it wouldn't feel like a complete waste if you didn't get to log in for a while.

Glad you're enjoying the game so far, and if you're thinking of getting into some action check out all the guild recruitment threads and find one to tag along with... It's really important to have some guild infrastructure in this game so that you know where to go, what to do, get geared up and find PvP when the next Campaign hits the Live servers!

Edited by Xarrayne

:^)

2 minutes ago, Xarrayne said:

On the first point: if you mouse over where it says [Whatever] it will show you a much more detailed tooltip. It sometimes takes a few mouseovers or closing and re-opening the talent window to get the mouse-over to register, but it's there! Having some themed background pictures and short description for each spec to give an at-a-glance idea of what each branch is best at is a good idea for sure, but that's probably quite low-priority for the art team right now.

Second point: yeah the current crafting window is not very intuitive at all, and it's hard to keep track of what you need to craft various components and final pieces unless you've spent a year or so doing it beforehand... ACE did tease a crafting window that looked like the screenshot below a year or two ago, which is way more user-friendly but still hasn't made it into our hands :(  

Third point: OK no response to this, I just agree lol... Would be nice if you could transfer points to other adjacent trees, even if it's at a loss of some of the accrued points. That way it wouldn't feel like a complete waste if you didn't get to log in for a while. 

Glad you're enjoying the game so far, and if you're thinking of getting into some action check out all the guild recruitment threads and find one to tag along with... It's really important to have some guild infrastructure in this game so that you know where to go, what to do, get geared up and find PvP when the next Campaign hits the Live servers!

Thanks for the pointers. I might come beck sooner than the last time. :D

I must admit you are scaring me a bit with the You-need-a-guild. That was the reason why I quit Albion Online. Is this game headed the same direction? That you need to be in a guild and zerg / gank in order to be successful? That you need to go to zones you can't survive alone for crafting materials? That would be a total turnoff for me. I was hoping to be doing some crafting and joining random zergs when I have time. I am not opposed to joining a guild, but I won't have time to take it too seriously (as in Raiding rules).

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Sowelu said:

Thanks for the pointers. I might come beck sooner than the last time. :D

I must admit you are scaring me a bit with the You-need-a-guild. That was the reason why I quit Albion Online. Is this game headed the same direction? That you need to be in a guild and zerg / gank in order to be successful? That you need to go to zones you can't survive alone for crafting materials? That would be a total turnoff for me. I was hoping to be doing some crafting and joining random zergs when I have time. I am not opposed to joining a guild, but I won't have time to take it too seriously (as in Raiding rules).

Well it's not technically necessary, especially if you have more than one account, but being in a guild with dedicated crafters and harvesters will make your life a lot easier; all the professions are intertwined, so to get all the materials and make certain things properly you'll need harvesters and crafters of other specialisations to make you components... There are definitely niches for those who like the more mercenary style of play or want to mostly do their own thing, but with EKs (personal trade worlds) being a bit buggy, the smaller pop we have, and the self-sufficiency of most guilds it can be hard to find people to trade with. There's sometimes small-scale PvP and you can capture Outposts which can really add up in victory points, but most of the bigger objectives are based around at least 1 full group, usually 2 or more.

Having said that you can absolutely just run around the world solo doing stuff, farming random mobs and nodes or tag along with the groups you see when the big events go down, but if you at least hang around with the guilds on your faction you'll have a much better idea of what to do or when and where the exciting things are happening... Guilds generally aren't going to expect that you must do X amount of crafting per week or to show up to everything they do, or even expect you to dedicate yourself to only playing with that one guild, so you'll still have the freedom to bounce around and explore at your own pace.

P.S. There's also a lot of game knowledge to get brushed up on, so talking to some more experienced players who can help show you the ropes is also quite important 👍

Edited by Xarrayne

:^)

Posted (edited)

ive just started playing crowfall recently and made a ranger, ive noticed that the default arrows that you start with 26-41 dmg and are of common quality, and if you make arrows out of knotwood you get poor quality arrows that do 14-21 dmg, but if i make arrows out of t2 wood like ash or oak i get common quality arrows that also do 14-21 dmg. is this a bug or is there something im missing?

default starting arrows  https://prnt.sc/oi5vp2

knotwood arrows https://prnt.sc/oi5wk5

T2 wood arrows https://prnt.sc/oi5wz5

Edited by Lucifer
spacing issue

- Love the newest iteration of the Spirit Bank, would love to see a couple more tabs like food for example, but vastly better improvement in my opinion. Also great that it shows how much stuff is the sacrifice as well as slot space it would take up in Character Inventory and it works!

- Found the iteration of possible common loot off of the spiders in the starter zones very cool. Made me want to keep leveling as well as seeing if I could also get some gear along the way. Hoping that was the intention for the items dropped as well as another push to keep on the active level grinding trail.

- Bandage animation of Mino Myrm is fixed I noticed.

- Eating animation is also fixed. Also cool to see those food buffs pop, but would still love some way to be able to see the active buffs abilities by either being able to hover over them in some way or seeing it in some other tab.

- Noticed that the Minotaur Bullrush was fixed to where you don't have to make sure that 2-3 seconds before the animation ends that you are touching the npc or player you are fighting in order for the knockback and knockdown to occur.

- FPS seemed to be a lot better, small improvement but noticeable.

- Thought it was cool to see more models that had been created to make a different looking hub in the test campaign. (Did notice though that there was a big dip in fps when standing behind the tree of life.)

One thing I will leave this post on though, and maybe this happens later on down the road, is by going out and getting the logs and stone materials for buildings or perhaps similar mats. These things could be brought back to the Sanctuary's would unlock vendors or stations upon putting these certain materials into a given slot in the vendor area.

Jewelcrafting: I think the oval and triangle cuts should work in the polishing phase the same way the spherical cut does, giving Critical Healing Amount if you used water in the grind phase and Critical Damage if you used blood (Critical Healing Chance and Critical Strike for the rings).

53 minutes ago, oneply said:

Right now if you make a vessel the name you put on it will be its name on your list. So hopefully your necro doesn’t think they’re funny. 

I'm poor, I only use free nameless vessels. :P

I think the biggest issue with it is that when you're new to the game and very low level there is a distinct lack of higher level item drops to help you get up the scale. I've spent the last couple days farming level 5 nodes and not been getting anything other than basic items, meaning I can't craft better gear and advance in the PVP stuff. 

It's not actually 7/19/19 anymore but I'm posting anyway because I downloaded the test client to fart around on it.

I hadn't really played since before the new player controller, which I assuming is in now because it feels much smoother. Movement is way crisper, and reactive. Graphics and aesthetic is really starting to come together. Overall everything felt much much less clunky. I didn't play very long because I fell down a really deep cliff and had to go back to work.

Great job though. Client's lookin' real good.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:17 PM, Xarrayne said:

That would be a great addition to help newbies get around the crafting, i hope this hasn't been abandoned.