Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mystafyi

Dev Tracker revisit?

@Pann I was hoping that as we approach Alpha stage the team could put some focus into getting a devtracker up and running for new and returning players. I know its low on priorities, but its just so dang important. 

2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

@Pann I was hoping that as we approach Alpha stage the team could put some focus into getting a devtracker up and running for new and returning players. I know its low on priorities, but its just so dang important. 

Though there is no public dev tracker on the forums currently that i would know about, Scree's Malekai Bot, which also does it's duty on Keaggan's international crowfall community discord, provides a dev tracker.

2fokExc.jpg

2W1ZHpA.jpg

5 hours ago, Kraahk said:

Though there is no public dev tracker on the forums currently 

Interesting, so there is a non-public dev tracker? 😈Gosh I hope not, that would be..... bad.

3 hours ago, mystafyi said:

so there is a non-public dev tracker?

No, no dev tracker at all on the forums - it's broken/removed. You can either "follow" each of the devs that post regularly so it shows up in your forum notifications, or get the info from the MalekaiBot in the community discord Kraahk linked, or on https://twitter.com/ProjectMalekai

tiPrpwh.png

9 hours ago, miraluna said:

No, no dev tracker at all on the forums - it's broken/removed. 

I thought perhaps, maybe, it was something to do with ACE having that invite only subforum. Silly me thinking a tech/software company could actually code something as trivial as a devtracker on a standard forum software.

The Dev Tracker got bjorked when we were making some big changes to the website. Now that the dust has (mostly) settled, I've started an internal discussion about if/when we might bring it back. I'll keep you posted as the conversation evolves. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2019 at 10:42 AM, mystafyi said:

I thought perhaps, maybe, it was something to do with ACE having that invite only subforum. Silly me thinking a tech/software company could actually code something as trivial as a devtracker on a standard forum software.

Its not about them being able to. Its about them having the time and resources to. They are trying to make an MMO, not a dev tracker. Priorities my friend.

On the other hand, I have no such limitations and yes... I made a non-official dev tracker tool. Its live tweeted by the @ProjectMalekai twitter account, shared on the community discord, and will eventually be made public via the next version Malekai.org (currently can see it in action https://beta.malekai.org).

Edited by Scree

3 hours ago, Pann said:

Now that the dust has (mostly) settled, I've started an internal discussion about if/when we might bring it back. I'll keep you posted as the conversation evolves. 

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Scree said:

and will eventually be made public via the next version Malekai.org (currently can see it in action https://beta.malekai.org).

And Thank you.

I pinged the Web Wizards yesterday to nudge this back on the radar. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

On 9/19/2019 at 11:41 AM, Pann said:

I pinged the Web Wizards yesterday to nudge this back on the radar. 

After 2 years of asking for a fixed dev tracker, I must give up. It was said that forum is 3rd party administered and then we did get forum members online addressed last year, but still no tracker. I simply cannot understand why ya'll would let a subcontracter get away with not doing their job for so long, so I must assume there is absolutely no desire to have a dev-tracker.