Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Wipe coming with new trial

1 minute ago, galvia said:

No censorship here breh.

I think the important part of what I said was the part about viability. If it's quick to reach viability but it takes a long time to reach luxury than a new player shouldn't feel so snubbed, because they quickly reach the point where they can compete. I don't think any new player in a sandbox or an MMO game expects to be able to compete at a top level when they first start the game.

Your right but I think it would help to get more active players if they could compete earlier on since this is testing and all. just an fyi I put my suggestion on the correct forum also¬†ūüėÄ

1 minute ago, DrakanoWOW said:

Your right but I think it would help to get more active players if they could compete earlier on since this is testing and all. just an fyi I put my suggestion on the correct forum also¬†ūüėÄ

We are saying the same thing.

yep i agree with what most if not all have said on here, if your going to do a wipe please do a full wipe. Would be interesting to see how long it will take for players to get fully geared starting with scratch, with all the skill training in place i reckon it would take 24 hours before we see blue geared guys roaming around, very unfair on the newbies who have just entered the game.

8 minutes ago, Fefner said:

Would be interesting to see how long it will take for players to get fully geared starting with scratch, with all the skill training in place i reckon it would take 24 hours before we see blue geared guys roaming around, very unfair on the newbies who have just entered the game.

Unlikely. When they did the last vessel + inventory wipe it took 1.5 campaigns for the large guilds to get into blue~ gear. There is a serious treadmill.

Regardless of the timing though they will be geared before new players. I just really feel like this whole set of rhetoric is a dog whistle for people to ignore the real reasons they are actually losing.

Can't wait for no import campaigns on the Alpha passive wipe and for the people who win today to still be the people winning then.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Momodawgy said:

Well I lost that bet, I was not anticipating a full wipe until Alpha started. 

Full wipe means passive skill too. So you didn’t lose. 

Theres some crafting changes so I understand not wanting to wipe passives yet.  The vault change requires the inventory wipe. I wouldn’t want them to waste time make code to transfer from old to new. 

When they do the next full wipe they need to go to what they plan for launch. Whatever that may be. 

Edited by oneply

4 hours ago, srathor said:

Bleh!

Should have the skill wipe as well. You need to test and retest the early game for pacing and fun. Right now you have zero tests for the leveling up process with all of the changes over the last year. The people with the training will be back to end game power in hours and days, and the ones just learning will be left, once again, so far behind to not even bother. 

Were getting another full wipe for 6.0, cease your madness with calling for passives wipes so close to each other

hoayaga2.jpg

Just now, Staff said:

Were getting another full wipe for 6.0, cease your madness with calling for passives wipes so close to each other

so in like 7 months?

You need to wipe skills. New players are ridiculously behind in so many aspects, to the point where we feel useless in the game. A major part of this is because you can unlock so much power through the skill tree, that if you're just starting out, the actual game as it is, is not available for you to play. You can't craft anything worthwhile, your damage and survivability is laughable and gathering ridiculously grindy. At least provide alternate ways to gain skill points you can farm if you're dedicated. Right now the system does not reward engaging with the game, it rewards you sitting around for months, logging in for a few mins every day, just to spend skill points, until you're not entirely useless. At this point the game feels more like farmville, than an mmo. Let us enjoy the game and don't lock the fun behind months of waiting. I've never seen such an exciting game under development have such low amounts and bad quality of coverage and I think this is a major reason for it. The game is not finished, so there's a bunch of features missing, nevertheless, it is fun due to it's sandbox and community driven nature. Let's propose that someone wants to come in, experience the game to provide a review for those who are interested, but undecided. They also have to sit around for months doing nothing, until they can finally showcase existing features and depth. Why don't you want new backers to enjoy and test the fun aspects already present? Why don't you want wider engagement and outreach? What is the point of slowing down progress to such an extent? Isn't your goal to get quality feedback from an ever expanding number of people from the community as the game inches closer and closer to soft launch? The game is in a state at this point, that for those who support the vision, paying the box price is not an issue. So let us play then and not be punished that we needed a little more time to be convinced.

In This Thread: people forgetting to mention Skill Tomes (Coming Eventually‚ĄĘ)... Of course that doesn't help the situation as it is, and it's impossible to tell if they'll actually solve these problems, but ACE is perfectly aware that these problems do exist.

:^)

1 hour ago, galvia said:

Unlikely. When they did the last vessel + inventory wipe it took 1.5 campaigns for the large guilds to get into blue~ gear. There is a serious treadmill.

Regardless of the timing though they will be geared before new players. I just really feel like this whole set of rhetoric is a dog whistle for people to ignore the real reasons they are actually losing.

Can't wait for no import campaigns on the Alpha passive wipe and for the people who win today to still be the people winning then.

My point is not a win or lose point its about bringing more new players to the game of all skill levels. Right now for every new player that joins the game I feel like only 1 out of 10 of them actually play but after a few fights it feels like 1 out 20 stick around(For the love of everything sacred don't take the numbers as literal turnover rate). Fact is we all have some level of control when it comes to learning skills to be better. We all have some level of control when it comes to getting better armor. We all have some level of control of working towards better vessels. We all 100% no control over how fast passive can be caught up. That is a problem. Again a new player can start playing and bust their tail end get into a guild find a crafter have the best armor in the game with some work. No matter what they will be behind anyone who has let the timer run to gain passives. 

On a side note - not directed at Galvia this is to anyone who Insinuates that people only want to ask for a wipe because they think that is the only reason they are losing. I have said many times because I am very transparent about my feelings on what is causing us issues. Fixing the passive issue will only help newer players and the retention rates that come with playing catch up in a game.  I cant wait for the day that this topic is addressed so we bring more players in that actually play. I am not saying that is the only reason or will solve it all by just this action but it is one that will help. 

Uh, no. Nobody needs a passive skill wipe to know prior to getting anywhere in those trees is not interesting and you feel beholden to others to do for you. And there is, quite frankly, no need to wipe it if there has been no changes to passive skills. It's a completely boring 'wait months to get anywhere' mechanic. There is nothing you can do to change that, make it more interesting, or need to test what will happen if you start out without those passives again.

1 hour ago, Staff said:

This is the exact reason that I thought a wipe prior to Alpha was gonna be a no no, but it is what it is.  My only concern is what this will do for the population since we know that another wipe is incoming with 6.0.  I will be here because I promised to bucket-sit this game for the guild, but many of my guildmates  will be elsewhere until the true Alpha begins.

1 hour ago, LastRights said:

You need to wipe skills. New players are ridiculously behind in so many aspects, to the point where we feel useless in the game. A major part of this is because you can unlock so much power through the skill tree,ÔĽŅ

Pray tell. What is your solution to people who don't start at launch when the game goes live then??? I'm waiting. I feel like this argument is just FOMO. 

1 minute ago, Navystylz said:

Pray tell. What is your solution to people who don't start at launch when the game goes live then??? I'm waiting. I feel like this argument is just FOMO. 

See

48 minutes ago, Xarrayne said:

In This Thread: people forgetting to mention Skill Tomes (Coming Eventually‚ĄĘ).

:^)

1 minute ago, Navystylz said:

I think you just need to read further. " At least provide alternate ways to gain skill points you can farm if you're dedicated." I feel like you haven't thought your reply through. Every game has a catch-up mechanism for new players. This is supposed to be a pvp oriented game, where end-game is exciting for all the battles you can have and not because after months and months you're character is still falling short of being able to compete...

1 minute ago, Xarrayne said:

See

Correct me if this information has somehow changed. But it was my belief that skill tomes would be from players banking time and converting it into tomes. Which means that for a minimum, the first year, there will be no person putting time into tomes for anyone. Also you're arguing that these newer players are going to have people just dishing out tomes to them. Because if they feel so useless without having these catch up tomes, and can't produce much of anything worthwhile, what currency will they have to trade with? I can see guilds going we need get your pvp toon with their passive asap. But otherwise, you could just as easily dish out the material and gear that most of the passive training covers.