Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
oneply

Give us a Roadmap

ACE would do a lot for themselves if they would publish a roadmap. News/Progress updates would not be as necessary cause we could play the game and see the progress related to the road map. It gives a clear path for the devs, investors, and players to follow. 

Posted (edited)

i would love to see that too, but with close to no inside what is going on at ACE i am sure we won`t get it. feels like there is kind of a roadmap, but things are too much in flux to open the allmighty book for us all. for example 6 months ago we were told 5.9 will be the last version before alpha. now we are waiting for 5.100 and there will be a 5.110.

https://crowfall.com/en-US/news/articles/crowfalls-path-to-alpha

not sure how the investors are updated, but as a casual backer i can just wait, because SOON!

Edited by Surelia

Honestly at this point I don't really care about roadmaps, development updates or w/e. I'd rather they just turtle up and focus all their resources on getting the remaining missing features done asap, that way they can move on to polishing, optimizing, balancing, etc. It'll be done when it's done. IMO a roadmap would just make people more frustrated when they keep missing deadlines, delaying, changing things, etc.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Rikutatis said:

Honestly at this point I don't really care about roadmaps, development updates or w/e. I'd rather they just turtle up and focus all their resources on getting the remaining missing features done asap, that way they can move on to polishing, optimizing, balancing, etc. It'll be done when it's done. IMO a roadmap would just make people more frustrated when they keep missing deadlines, delaying, changing things, etc.

good point. but in the end we are the outsourced testingcrowd, and as we don´t get paid but have paid to test, some will have interests in getting informations. like a roadmap or a snaptesttasklist or a q&a/news schedule. and i would say with some more clear informations i would be a better tester, maybe all/most of us?

Guess the issue is marketing vs. crowdfunded investors/testers/backers on a political level. they really can´t do the right thing atm, always a question of perspectives.

Edited by Surelia

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Surelia said:

good point. but in the end we are the outsourced testingcrowd, and as we don´t get paid but have paid to test, some will have interests in getting informations. like a roadmap or a snaptesttasklist or a q&a/news schedule. and i would say with some more clear informations i would be a better tester, maybe all/most of us?

Guess the issue is marketing vs. crowdfunded testers/backers on a political level. they really can´t do the right thing atm, always a question of perspectives.

we didnt get paid. We paid for the game. Some for 200-1000$ If we were here for free or getting paid its a different ballgame. 

Edited by Marth

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Rikutatis said:

IMO a roadmap would just make people more frustrated when they keep missing deadlines, delaying, changing things, etc.

That's if they gave specific dates or time frames.

Despite some stating that ACE is the most transparent company ever :rolleyes:, they could do little more to show a lot. 

There could be a generic list like:

Dregs: Internal testing.

Mounts: Animations in progress. Art for 1/5 models complete.

Frostweaver: Animations Complete, Powers internal testing.

Advantages & Disadvantages: On hold until 6.0 is launched.

Class Promo Balance Pass: Planned for Beta 1

Could give rough estimates like Q3, 2021, post-launch or whatever but that's asking for trouble. However, if they actually had a list and updated it relatively often, it shouldn't be surprising to see delays or faster then expected progress. Heck they might even tell us why XYZ happened as if they were transparent...

I'd much prefer something like this then the fluff news they put out or have to listen/watch hour long streams in hopes to gain some new or useful factoid.

I don't watch most of Camelot Unchained's streams because they just talk at the screen and usually read off a paper, BUT they do put out https://camelotunchained.com/v3/category/news/ which gives a fairly straightforward and easy to read update on some things happening. Some of which is fluff of course, but at least it gives some insight into development and not random fight "War Stories" as news updates...

Edited by APE

Posted (edited)

I would like to see a stream showing everything they have planned for the latter half of 2019. Obviously everything would be in varying states of development, but it would ease my concious as the where ACE intends to be at the end of the year.

I haven't played in almost a year, and it doesn't look like much has changed to the larger parts of the game still misssing. 

The largest system added-class specializations-split classes into thirds when they already weren't whole to begin with. Really I would just like to have an update on the classes and how they intend to change them to add some much needed depth.

Edited by Zatch

ACE was used to announce the estimate date of every release and desisted after the outrage caused by a rushly published and plenty of bugs 2.0 (Siege Perilous) and the outrage caused by a delay in completing 3.0 (Big World).

Meanwhile whenever ACE gave us an information about a feature to came, the larger part of the community furiously asked for an estimate date.

Substantially they learned the lesson and they are trying to avoid communications which create discontempt and/or confusion.

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

12 hours ago, RikForFun said:

Substantially they learned the lesson and they are trying to avoid communications which create discontempt and/or confusion.

The lesson to be learned was to be realistic with your milestones/deadlines in the first place, not to stop giving any commitments knowing you will always fail to meet them.

2 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

The lesson to be learned was to be realistic with your milestones/deadlines in the first place, not to stop giving any commitments knowing you will always fail to meet them.

Being "realistic" with predicting the future is harder than it sounds. And while timelines for certain types of work can be realistically projected, other types of work are more difficult to estimate deadlines for.

IhhQKY6.gif

5 minutes ago, Jah said:

Being "realistic" with predicting the future is harder than it sounds. And while timelines for certain types of work can be realistically projected, other types of work are more difficult to estimate deadlines for.

OFC its hard. If it was easy anyone could do it. 

6 hours ago, Jah said:

Being "realistic" with predicting the future is harder than it sounds. And while timelines for certain types of work can be realistically projected, other types of work are more difficult to estimate deadlines for.

It isn't hard to say what the current state of XYZ is or what has been worked on recently. Hard dates and road maps can set up a company for issue, but simply being transparent, as all of them claim to be, is simply that. ACE does share some things but more is black box then open.

Reality is they don't need to tell us anything. Game will come out when it does with what it does. Unless someone is planning their entire life around a game's development and launch, it doesn't really matter.

In the mean time I'll just be amused with how transparent companies claim to be and how they really are.

Side note: How did they predict Alpha coming out end of Summer last year? I don't expect a public road map, but the internal one must be very interesting.

11 minutes ago, APE said:

In the mean time I'll just be amused with how transparent companies claim to be and how they really are.

How can you be transparent about something that hasn't even happened yet? When I talk about transparency, I mean that you can login and check out the current state of the game at any time, you can share videos and info about the current state of the game, and you are free to give complaining feedback about the current state of the game :)

tiPrpwh.png

7 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I suppose you did not read the initial part of my post.

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano