Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TowB

Max passive skills for all

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

There is about 21-24% armor pen available through the passive trees. I haven't looked at all the trees but one handed axe for example supplies 21% now for those who dont know that does not equal 21% armor. The way the stat is broken down is it takes there total armor value and whatever your pen % is then taken away from there total and the end result is how much armor is calculated. So if you have 50% armor pen your only ignoring half of there armor. So even the armor pen stat which you see as a super is really only a minor factor. Also keep in mind a ton of stats come from the different sub classes. Titan myrm for example has 6% pen baked into it.

Edited by Tyrannicall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

There is about 21-24% armor pen available through the passive trees. I haven't looked at all the trees but one handed axe for example supplies 21% now for those who dont know that does not equal 21% armor. The way the stat is broken down is it takes there total armor value and whatever your pen % is then taken away from there total and the end result is how much armor is calculated. So if you have 50% armor pen your only ignoring half of there armor.

Wait, armor pen isn't one-to-one with armor? So if I have 100% Resists, and you 50% Armor Pen, My resistance is effectively 50%, or if I have 10% Resists and you 50% Pen, It's effectively 5% Resists?


giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats what ive been told. Not exactly easy to test but it would make sense seeing that most resistances cap out around 40-60 but armor pen caps at 100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

Wait, armor pen isn't one-to-one with armor? So if I have 100% Resists, and you 50% Armor Pen, My resistance is effectively 50%, or if I have 10% Resists and you 50% Pen, It's effectively 5% Resists?

So i was apparently wrong and it is a 1 for 1 so ignore me 😂 whatever you have as penetration is subtracted from there total armor and the remaining value is whats left. Which is a bit custarded considering i could cap out  armor pen at 100 but not a resistance.

Edited by Tyrannicall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

So i was apparently wrong and it is a 1 for 1 so ignore me 😂 whatever you have as penetration is subtracted from there total armor and the remaining value is whats left. Which is a bit custarded considering i could cap out  armor pen at 100 but not a resistance.

 

Now that's something that could be changed with a lot less overhaul and might lessen this insurmountable/s skills gap.

I'm pretty sure Crit Defence reduces a % of enemy Crit Chance rather than being subtracted from it, and that makes sense to me from a balance perspective. I don't see why it shouldn't be the same for Armour Pen, which I'd argue is stronger than Crit Chance; when you consider all the Pen buffs and debuffs you can still reach insane Armour Pen values, so if it was calculated as a % it would still be effective without making it too biased towards already-squishy targets.


:^)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I say remove Armor Pen altogether. It's fine as a buff or a debuff, because those are limited, but I hate it as a stat. It means that at all times, my armor is never what it says it is, with no indication that it's not what I think it is.

Edited by coolster50

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coolster50 said:

I say remove Armor Pen altogether. It's fine as a buff or a debuff, because those are limited, but I hate it as a stat. It means that at all times, my armor is never what it says it is, with no indication that it's not what I think it is.

Making active buffs/debuffs and powers that require some degree of skill is simply not as exciting as stacking stats on a paper doll. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5.100 has the new gear loot drop system, makes sense to collect some data on how this works for new players vs veteran players first. This loot system was added to help new players get to "pvp viable" faster in the game loop, so they need to see what happens in a mature test environment with a passive skill power gap.


tiPrpwh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tyrannicall said:

A few years? Wasnt the last passive skill wipe less then 6 months ago? Also the passives maybe have a slight difference but dont make or break the gameplay. Im all for maxing the passives out but i dont think its going to level the playing field. 

i believe you are correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, VaMei said:

Get a well made blue vessel and put quality blue & purple gear gear on it. You'll be bouncing off so many hard caps you'll be wondering why people make a big deal out of the combat passives.

 

I’m only thru the middle combat trees and I’m hitting caps or real close. 

A lot of this argument assumes everyone who has been playing longer put their points in combat passives. 

Edited by oneply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, oneply said:

I’m only thru the middle combat trees and I’m hitting caps or real close. 

A lot of this argument assumes everyone who has been playing longer put their points in combat passives. 

Ive gotten ranged/melee and weapons done myself but i personally almost feel like its wasted due to how easy it is to hit the caps on some classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

tbh im waiting for a passive wipe tbh so i can try different crafts :P

Dont see the point of starting a 2nd craft when you wont max it for ages and until u mac it u wont be as good as other people :P

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, veeshan said:

tbh im waiting for a passive wipe tbh so i can try different crafts :P

I used to use 'to be honest' phrase often until someone pointed out that just by using the phrase you are indicating passively that you are not always honest and you need a disclaimer to indicate when you are honest. Not intending to offend, but I never though of it that way and so am pointing it out to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mystafyi said:

I used to use 'to be honest' phrase often until someone pointed out that just by using the phrase you are indicating passively that you are not always honest and you need a disclaimer to indicate when you are honest. Not intending to offend, but I never though of it that way and so am pointing it out to you.

Damn liars.


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...