Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wood elf should get 30-60 bonus int to be more competitive of a selection. Other races get trailblazer(centaur, half elf), ranger gets invisible, other druid options have bonuses to intellect and dexterity. 

Wood elf has trail master (faster than trailblazer), a blink (when combined with trailmaster makes them as fast as a swift), and cammo. Stats aren’t everything. No other race is as mobile on the battlefield. 

On 7/23/2019 at 8:57 AM, UselessScum said:

I didn't notice the trail master was different, that makes sense, thank you.

The blink is what makes them good not the trail master.  Eventually you will get a mount and not even notice trail master.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Wood elf has one of the best racial kits in the game are you mad. Free camouflage, 20m teleportation, and top end unmounted run speed.

If you're talking about race rebalance the discussion you should be having is how to make all the other races feel as unique and useful as wood elves beyond just class choice.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

On 7/28/2019 at 11:27 PM, mandalore said:

The blink is what makes them good not the trail master.  Eventually you will get a mount and not even notice trail master.

I'd argue you don't even need a mount when using bread or other source to further boost your speed. Having the speed plus the blinks you'll out run a mount.

21 minutes ago, Audin said:

I'd argue you don't even need a mount when using bread or other source to further boost your speed. Having the speed plus the blinks you'll out run a mount.

Blink + trailmaster is as fast as a jumping centaur or swift pack pig. 

On 7/23/2019 at 7:32 AM, UselessScum said:

Wood elf should get 30-60 bonus int to be more competitive of a selection. Other races get trailblazer(centaur, half elf), ranger gets invisible, other druid options have bonuses to intellect and dexterity. 

Their blink is the most powerful dodge in the game.  It carries the race.  They are fine.  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

High elf needs some love. I'd like to see them get a large bonus to spirit when rolling as a knight. With the removal of Surging Spirit, it would be helpful to have one race that can be geared more toward healing. Stoneborn is a pretty good option, with their combination of strength, spirit and constitution, but high elf needs something to distinguish it. 

On 8/18/2019 at 11:21 AM, Arkade said:

High elf needs some love. I'd like to see them get a large bonus to spirit when rolling as a knight. With the removal of Surging Spirit, it would be helpful to have one race that can be geared more toward healing. Stoneborn is a pretty good option, with their combination of strength, spirit and constitution, but high elf needs something to distinguish it. 

Their dodge, extra amulet and elemental resists do distinguish High Elves. 

wiDfyPp.png

14 minutes ago, mandalore said:

The extra necklace is now near absolutely meaningless. The knee jerk reaction they had to everyone rolling HE crafters destroyed the major racial benefit. Let’s take away hand of glory and fashion statement cause racial bonuses and then nerf the racial bonuses....brilliant 

3 minutes ago, Zatch said:

Half elf and nethari are having garbage tier. Does anyone disagree?

Half elf are a bag of great stats. Their only downfall is mobility on the battlefield. However if you improve that you need to take away from their stat bonuses. Otherwise they are way too strong. 

And nethari got an extra passive slot with 5.100. Their bonus stats are solid. I see no need to improve on them personally. 

3 hours ago, Zatch said:

Half elf and nethari are having garbage tier. Does anyone disagree?

Nethari are good but could be substantially better with more sources of fire damage to capitalize on their racials. I'd like to see some fire elemental daggers for neth assassin or more disc or equipment based sources of fire damage and perhaps a buff to the %damage from their racial active. Giving them the extra passive was the icing they needed to go with their racial and long dodge. Nethari are well positioned to be a good spike build for anything they can play but they could use a few more tools made available to them to capitalize on that racial specialty as the spike elemental damage option for their classes.

Half elves are garbage, have always been garbage, and will remain garbage until they get a complete and total rework. Higher base stats are simply not a meaningful race buff once you get to blue or higher vessels and everyone has the ability to hit caps. They have no racial abilities and their buffs are the most boring parts of wood elf and human but worse.

If you are playing a half elf you spend more time looking at your character sheet than actually playing crowfall.

TBH I'd like to see half elves on theme with shadowbane half elves focus on mobility and anti-cc, but built for crowfall buy giving them a supreme retaliate.

+1 passive slots (human ancestry, like nethari now have)

Racial Retaliate - Fight or Flight - Recover from a crowd control effect and gain a 300hp barrier. This ability costs half as much stamina as Retaliate. When triggered this ability may chain in to Fancy Footwork or Reposition at the cost of additional stamina.

Fancy Footwork - Gain "Resilience of Man" for 10 seconds, gaining 3% resist all and reducing your dodge pip regeneration to 3 seconds per pip.

Reposition - Gain "Sylvan Trickery" for 5 seconds. Sylvan Trickery grants true stealth for 5 seconds as well as 10% additional stealth movement speed. You are prevented from using other abilities or swapping trays during this period (this does not grant access to the stealth tray) but may end it early by dodging.

Stealth speed improved by 10% (Slower than fae, but faster than everyone else, this stacks with the stealth speed from Reposition, and is also useful for assassin/brigand)

Combat movement speed improved by 10%

Cloak Slot

Adjust base stats if needed to compensate.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

3 hours ago, mandalore said:

Don't forget racial elfsplaining.

The reduced power efficiency can seriously screw with a lot of builds in a groupfight situation. Mana users, champions, and melee rangers are often in rough shape for resources and getting elfsplained can break their rotations or tanks.

I'd prefer their dodge clearcast was just changed to a third dodge pip though. Midfight RNG like that rubs me the wrong way. Sure you'd lose the occasional 4 dodge string but I'd happily give that up for something more consistant like a third pip.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

4 hours ago, mandalore said:

I was talking specifically about knights. Every other race is better than high elf as a knight. 

24 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Don't forget racial elfsplaining.

The reduced power efficiency can seriously screw with a lot of builds in a groupfight situation. Mana users, champions, and melee rangers are often in rough shape for resources and getting elfsplained can break their rotations or tanks.

I'd prefer their dodge clearcast was just changed to a third dodge pip though. Midfight RNG like that rubs me the wrong way. Sure you'd lose the occasional 4 dodge string but I'd happily give that up for something more consistant like a third pip.

I agree with all of that.  Some fine tuning would be nice. 

Half Elf is garbage.  The aelfborn (half elf in Sb) was garbage for years too.  They need a dip in stats and then some meaningful ability (a unique retaliate would be amazing). 

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, Arkade said:

I was talking specifically about knights. Every other race is better than high elf as a knight. 

Remember that time @soulein co-led the balance faction to 7 (8?) trial victories on a High Elf swordsman knight?  Pepperidge farm remembers...

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, PopeUrban said:

[half-elf stuff] Combat movement speed improved by 10%

This would be a great place to start and would give them a unique roll in the game. Throw in some movement CC reduction or a long cooldown triggered immunity & let them be that one race you can't kite.

Edited by VaMei