Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.100 LIVE Feedback Reports for 7/23/19

The fact that moving doesn't close your windows feels awkward at first, but it is quickly becoming second nature to hit my middle mouse button (push scroll wheel) to close windows. The ability to keep the windows open is a welcome option.

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)

Hey there... My first feedback post here. I hope its right to post it here :)

- I have tools on Survival List Button 1-4 (pickaxe, hammer etc.). but mouseover them dont work. so you dont know which kind of item you had put there if you have 2 different tools with same icon.

- closing the overlay (best thing would be with moving) for example with "ESC" should close everything. if you open inventory again you have all windows on each other again and you need to close them by hand.

- you can rebind "TAB" button. Thats nice. but you still change chat mode with it (faction - zone - etc.). After rebinding "TAB" it should not longer switch channels, cause you will ue tab for an other action and always change the chat mode -.-^^

- after looting a creature full (AUTO Loot would be nice) the Character-Overlay should close automatically. 

- German Translation: The Tooltip is not completely shown: https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-3196c6-1564068304.jpg.html

Edited by Skydron

Artifact Feedback:

• Remove all the different pages for artifact fragments. They create more space issues and there is no reason to label them differently. Simply having the different artifact types and different colors is enough.
  • Have each completed artifact and specific color have the same serial. (In other words make all green Aracroix Artifact Bind stack with each other. Currently I can have 40 of the same artifact type and color and they all take up spaces/slots)

Removing Item Bloat is always good for server performance and will be a QoL improvement for players.

@thomasblair

Posted (edited)

From patch notes:

God's Reach

• Players no longer drop inventory items on death.

Do you mean bag loot, or equipped inventory loot? Right now, your inventory bags can be looted when  you die and release.

Bag looting is very punishing for new players, as you cannot reasonably expect to recover your cairn as the world size is small and player density is high.

@thomasblair @ACE_FancyHats @vkromas

Edited by Phr00t

3 minutes ago, Phr00t said:

From patch notes:

God's Reach

• Players no longer drop inventory items on death.

Do you mean bag loot, or equipped inventory loot? Right now, your inventory bags can be looted when  you die and release.

Bag looting is very punishing for new players, as you cannot reasonably expect to recover your cairn as the world size is small and player density is high.

@thomasblair @ACE_FancyHats @vkromas

This is a bug! It is not intended that you drop inventory when playing in God's Reach. We're hoping to have it fixed shortly. 

Just now, ACE_FancyHats said:

This is a bug! It is not intended that you drop inventory when playing in God's Reach. We're hoping to have it fixed shortly. 

Thanks for the reply, good news!

Mystical Throwing Hammers appear to be dropping from wartribes with only offensive stats such as Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Attack power. 
Considering that the DPS-spec cleric is not super functional or viable right now, can you adjust drop tables to also include healing stats on these items when they drop?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ZYBAK said:

Combined artifacts need to stack. I'd assume this is probably a bug?

It's been noted, but not responded to.  They have different serial numbers and therefore cannot stack.  It's been proposed that all colors of a single tribe stack within that color and that all pages stack in a single stack (instead of having page 2, 5, 8 and 10 or whatever) by color as well.

So if you were fighting Embari, you'd have 1 each stack of white, green blue and purple pages, and 1 stack each of white blue green and purple "binds" (the combined result).

Edited by Ble

I've only just started the game, so I may be offering moot feedback here, but due to the complex, but awesome, nature of the crafting (blacksmithing is the only one I have used thus far) it might be a good idea to allow people to select weapon, say axe, and then it highlights the components required to create that item so that people don't get overwhelmed by the amount of choice available. 

1 hour ago, Rhysdormu said:

I've only just started the game, so I may be offering moot feedback here, but due to the complex, but awesome, nature of the crafting (blacksmithing is the only one I have used thus far) it might be a good idea to allow people to select weapon, say axe, and then it highlights the components required to create that item so that people don't get overwhelmed by the amount of choice available. 

they teased this improved 'project ui' design in december 2017 but yet to see it implemented...

crowfall-crafting-1024x623.jpg

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

A friend of mind turn me on to Crowfall, I have enjoyed the time spent in the game.  I really have not had any real issues with game play.  I love how you can create your own world.  I love the crafting mechanics.  I do not like the token bit or the that you are limited of placing of buildings to certain places due to size.  I would like to be able to build a small town in one place.  I do love the craft ability of the parcels.  I am specking into stonemasonry and love building the lands.  The PVE is great, waiting for some more channeling aspects of it.  most items are on farm.  need higher levels soon.  PVP, haven't done a lot as of yet. but will check it out once I'm leveled and properly specked.  Overall , love the game. Best pre-alpha I have played lately.....

• The game is a good one but the only problem is that windows 8.1 processors doesn't support the game very much.
  • Every time I play the game im always lagging which naturally makes my character slower than others and its very annoying. Don't get me wrong the game still works properly but its stuff like turning around with your character jumping, harvesting... Its just so unsmooth and annoying with windows 8.1 although sometimes when my wifi is very good it works normally
  • I think the game even affects the quality of my wifi ( which is most of the time 5 bars) . Because everytime is updating or simply running all my other applications start glitching a lot.
  • One thing I would propose it to make the game lighter so players with less advanced computer software and even wifi could have the same experience as players with windows 10+ and etc.

8 hours ago, BornKnight said:
  • Its just so unsmooth and annoying with windows 8.1 although sometimes when my wifi is very good it works normally

Some wifi networks can have ridiculous latency while still having a large bandwidth. I suspect it has little to do with windows 8.1 and everything to do with your wifi. As you said above, when your wifi is very good the game works normally. I would start with diagnostics of your network, such as a traceroute to find your latency issue.

Posted (edited)

Hey so I like to pop in to Crowfall ever so often and see the progress, I think I picked up a copy pretty close to the crowdfunding and been watching every Crowfall video on the youtube channel. I like to watch all the game design updates super fascinating I really like the philosophy of the people at Crowfall. So im just going to put up what bugged me in the hour or so little playtest I did. (I personally dont like to invest in to a game fully until its been launched.) 

Okay so First Off Animations "Style"
I personally like the animations in crowfall, the attack animations eating etc they all contextually make sense and are unique to each race! very cool but what I dont like are the walking animations of the characters. They feel a bit stiff especially the Elken he walks like hes got a tree branch up his butt. other animations have flow but the walking ahhh 

Here you can see Elken in Idle shoulders down relaxed.
derO1Zk.jpg

Here you can see the Elken kinda jogging forward and his shoulders are high in my opinion, his whole body is stiff like theres a tree branch up his butt >.< sorry.
5gvPxXh.png

The High Elf for example has his shoulders relaxed when hes standing.
iVK0KJJ.jpg

and when hes running his shoulders stay at the same relaxed position, hes not holding them up like the Elken, but the walk cycle in my opinion still feels a bit stiff.

gJ2cwZe.png

So I was in the new warcamps and I killed a bunch of dudes, im not sure if this is a design decision or not but why no sparkles? who havnt I looted and who have I looted? Personally I would expect to see sparkles if theres still loot on a body or if I havnt looted. 

nMlSwaM.png

As I stated before I log on ever so often so I had a bunch of points to spend but I wouldn't know, with no number next to the talent system, once again I would expect to see it glowing or having a little number next to it to a number of potential upgradable points. 

naOWwoQ.png

Move Control Defense? Excuse me what? I have no idea what Control Movement Defense thats okay ill look at all the stats on my character sheet, ohh no that doesnt really tell me either. Thats okay ill search it in the talent tree system or no I cant do that. Im still uncertain what control is im guessing its like taunt or blocking abilities, maybe I just missed something but with orange I expected to mouse over to get a description or something. Because when I got this talent im like level 2 I hadnt really experience such effects. 

P.S I know this is one of the intended passes but I thought I would just talk about my experience anywhos ^^

ncZ6vBc.png

What still stops me from enjoying the game to is fullest is the combat system it still feels a bit clunky, animations break or when I charge it will still be charging and take a half a second to respond here and there. It still feels a bit unresponsive and not impactful. The flow is almost there I can almost taste it but still a tad clunky. 

Okay so ive been negative I want to talk about the positives 

First off I want to say I was completely behind the Eve Talent System but I have to say the new lvling system for vessels is frickin amazing I really like that game play loop mixed with the grandfather talent system on top of that pushing you a direction. 

The movement and control now feels way better also the Frames Per Second and latency for me was great the game felt alot smoother and very playable. 

I really like the design compromises between hardcore old school and modernization with new game play loops to keep retention is amazing, I know thats a general statement but if design is working well you shouldn't notice right ;D.

Combat rotations with the stat balancing talent tree progression and vessel direction is very clever, I can see myself combing over every decision I make trying to craft a character which suits my play style. Mix with the dedicated crafting or exploring etc very smart. 

The new loot is great I feel like im hoarding and collecting lots of stuff that will be useful in which way or someway, collecting artifacts or crafting items or even just boosting my XP by collecting stuff, probably the only thing I dont like is why would a spider have an axe on it. Did the spider eat a person whole I know its a game trope but I dont know for Crowfall it seems a tad strange. 

The 3D models amazing really love the style its definitely starting to come together its probably the first game where I would be happy to play any race because of the real personality with each character, though I think im partial to the High elf because of the long hair on a guy! Finally a game which has a male character with as long hair as I do! 

The texturing is really good keep up that stylized look very cool! 

I really like and hate the class restrictions I understand its RP and Lore thing but I wish I could play any class with any race >.< but I understand how much work that would be im grateful with the amount of selection or choices atm. I really feel like in the future I will have a character which will be unique and mine! 

To sum up I think this game is very close for me to look past the small bugs here and there because the game design in a whole really shines through, I think for me once the combat is more responsive I wont be able to resist the gameplay loops and ill will want to play more and more! 

Thanks Crowfall team keep up the good work! 

Edited by Hauntled