Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

The Fortunes of War - Official Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, ACE_JackalBark said:

Crows are encouraged to use this interim time wisely to ensure their vessels are in tip-top shape and battle-ready.

Won’t there be a wipe per the other post?  Or did the wipe already happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do these embargo changes mean that they have done away with the spirit bank (storage that can be accessible at any time)? 

To me its not really clear how "The Vault" is different from the spirit bank other than its UI and sorting. I wish they would make this more clear so I don't have to dig around on other websites for information!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ilogos said:

Do these embargo changes mean that they have done away with the spirit bank (storage that can be accessible at any time)? 

To me its not really clear how "The Vault" is different from the spirit bank other than its UI and sorting. I wish they would make this more clear so I don't have to dig around on other websites for information!

The vault will behave as the spirit bank in worlds without import/export restrictions (eks gr), but in worlds with imports/exports restrictions you won't have direct access to it. You'll have a world bank (accessible everywhere in the world for now) and you can move items between the vault and the world banks you have from the lobby. You can try it in the Test server joining the campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Extintor said:

The vault will behave as the spirit bank in worlds without import/export restrictions (eks gr), but in worlds with imports/exports restrictions you won't have direct access to it. You'll have a world bank (accessible everywhere in the world for now) and you can move items between the vault and the world banks you have from the lobby. You can try it in the Test server joining the campaign.

Thanks. I guess my misunderstanding was that embargo changes meant that in campaigns you won't be able to access the world bank from anywhere. I haven't been able to see if that has been implemented or plans to be implemented in future campaigns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ilogos said:

Thanks. I guess my misunderstanding was that embargo changes meant that in campaigns you won't be able to access the world bank from anywhere. I haven't been able to see if that has been implemented or plans to be implemented in future campaigns.

Restrict access to the world bank to certain areas is in the work, I think. Right now the difference is in campaings you access to a world only bank and in Gods Reach you access to an account bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Extintor said:

Restrict access to the world bank to certain areas is in the work, I think. Right now the difference is in campaings you access to a world only bank and in Gods Reach you access to an account bank.

Hmmm I guess I just have to log in and see it, because now I am more confused. Before it was local banks for the campaigns and the spirit bank that was tied to the account. It looks like they still have the same thing but they are just calling it something different?

Edited by ilogos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 7:01 PM, mystafyi said:

mmorpg.com is calling the update 5.1 and dropping the zero's. This could be confusing to some. 

Cause who in their right mind goes from 5.9 to 5.100?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, oneply said:

Cause who in their right mind goes from 5.9 to 5.100?! 

from 9 to 100 in a few seconds? sounds right for me.  ☁️🚗  ;)


2W1ZHpA.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ilogos said:

Hmmm I guess I just have to log in and see it, because now I am more confused. Before it was local banks for the campaigns and the spirit bank that was tied to the account. It looks like they still have the same thing but they are just calling it something different?

Not quite. In campaigns with embargos there is a separate bank to control what comes and goes into the campaign. You transfer items from the campaign bank to the account vault and vice versa within the limits of the embargo system. Otherwise the items will sit in your campaign bank for use within the campaign, anything that doesn’t make it out due to the embargo limits is lost when the campaign ends. 

Right now in Godsreach we only have the account vault because there are no embargos there.

The campaign bank will act similar to the spirit bank and how the account vault works in Godsreach (open and deposit/withdraw anywhere) but you’ll be limited on how many items you can remove from the campaign back to the EKs or Godsreach. In the long run you’ll only be able to access the campaign bank at “safe” locations: forts, keeps, and the temple. This is being added when they add resource bags supposedly.

 

Unrelated: the level 20 requirement is gonna be super annoying when I want to upgrade my vessel and can’t just bring it into the campaign to level it with the pile of sacrifice items I’ll have farmed. Not a fan of that, maybe think about making the level requirement only count for common vessels or something.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Duffy said:

Unrelated: the level 20 requirement is gonna be super annoying when I want to upgrade my vessel and can’t just bring it into the campaign to level it with the pile of sacrifice items I’ll have farmed. Not a fan of that, maybe think about making the level requirement only count for common vessels or something.

They can remove the level requirement once you have a char already in the campaign. The requirement, in theory, is to avoid unprepared players from jumping in the campaigns but if you already met the requirements with one char it's supposed you know what you're doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 5:55 PM, Duffy said:

In the long run you’ll only be able to access the campaign bank at “safe” locations: forts, keeps, and the temple. This is being added when they add resource bags supposedly.

Thanks Duffy. This statement you said here was what I thought the "embargo" changes were going to be. I guess we still have some time before that is in place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...