• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ComradeAma

Crowfall Parser with in-game overlay

Posted (edited)

3CwWf8d.png

Features:

• Topmost half-transparent overlay with combat summary and details, which you can put on top of the game client or on your 2nd monitor. 
  • Extensive settings for parse mechanics and UI.
  • High performance: 15000 records per second.
  • Automatically finds combat log files (make sure you enable combat log writing to file in game settings and hit a dummy)
  • Fights history: you can return back in time to previous fights from the current game session.
  • Supports multiple running clients: if you are levelling your alt with a main character, parser will understand who is main and show correct parse.
  • Opponents list for a fight. If you set long enough idle between fights, you can get opponents list for biggest siege fights separately or for the siege overall.
  • You can copy parse details and opponents list to spreadsheet with mouse right-click.
  • Bonus feature - AFK notifier: When turned on, if Crowfall client was inactive for 9 minutes, parser will play crow sound to notify that your character is about to get logged out for inactivity. If there are several inactive clients, parser will play several crow sounds. You can also change 9 minutes to lower value in settings.

System requirements: Windows 8 and above. (You can run parser on Windows XP, Vista or 7 by installing .NET Framework 4)

You can download all versions here

(Firefox users may experience issues with Google Drive. If download link shows you an error, please try another browser)

Repository.

Known issues:

Spoiler

• Logs do not follow non-ambiguous regular grammar rule, so it's impossible to make distinction between opponent and its attack without context knowledge. E.g. "Hellcat Mauler Swipe" can be treated as "Hellcat Mauler" hit you with "Swipe" or "Hellcat" hit you with "Mauler Swipe". Parser can't reliably handle incoming attacks and heals until it is fixed. Bug is reported here.
  • Fall and Berserker crush damage are reported as your own powers damage. Parser got a workaround to not count them, but it only works in English client version.
  • Lifesteal values are reported differently depending on power. E.g. if you use ultimate Sustain, your LMB attacks heal will be displayed as "Lifesteal" (in real log power name is missing), but you will also see some random skills healing you, e.g. "Suppression Shot" heals.
  • Damage over time is reported the same way as power which produced DoT effect. If initial power made crit, DoTs are reported as crits as well (in reality they are not crits, however Bleed may crit sometimes). It may make "Crit. rate" stat inaccurate.
  • There is a lot of text in UI. I am getting UX designer look on interface. If you are UI/UX designer, please ping me in discord (Amaranth#9305).
  • Details/Opponents may overflow screen size in large fights.
  • Details don't maintain sort direction when you change current fight. There is no setting to set default sorting as well.
  • Because of many different game mechanics, which are not always properly reported in log, you may encounter edge cases when damage should not be counted as yours or as incoming (e.g. Fall damage should not be counted as yours). If you see such records, please send me bug report in discord.

Requested features:

• Bar graph based on specific power percentage damage.
  • Raid group functionality, so you can see raid members stats.
  • Installer and auto-patcher.

Thanks to Sugoi, Red Reapers, Hard Charge and Datum members for early testing and feedback!

Edited by ComradeAma

29 minutes ago, Bzra said:

That is fantastic. Does this violate any TOS?

No, it does not read or modify client memory. It only uses text combat logs, produced by Crowfall client in AppData folder.

2 hours ago, Bzra said:

Does this violate any TOS?

Before I answer that, I need to say: CAVEAT EMPTOR ("let the buyer beware"). Downloading, installing and using any application is done so at your own risk, particularly when it's not officially sanctioned by us. 

Now, about the TOS question. I wondered the same thing, so I ran it by some of the crew.

Response 1: He is reading the combat log. (So if we change the combat logs that we output it might break his overlay.) But from his description it doesn't sound like it is giving the players tactical advantages or anything.
Response 2: We definitely need more mods like that.
Response 3: Hire him.

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

7 hours ago, ComradeAma said:

No, it does not read or modify client memory. It only uses text combat logs, produced by Crowfall client in AppData folder.

reading client memory or heck anything that does not modify or influence the program installed on my computer cannot violate a tos. Well, sure some asshat could try and enforce something like that, but they would lose.

5 hours ago, Ble said:

Fantastic job. Do you have a site wherein you can receive donations towards development of your project?

Yeah, in settings info there is a link to my paypal page.

Posted (edited)

Where is the setting for enabling combat log file. 

Found. You must be in a world. Not on main screen. 

Edited by migrant1