Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kendread

Discipline changes

Recommended Posts

I was thinking of a possible change to the way disciplines are created. What if instead of killing mobs and hoping for a random soul drop or dropping massive amounts of gold to upgrade a discipline, you instead recieved soul fragments as a resource.

It would work like this:

Whenever a vessel is equipped with a special soul trinket(similar to the soulstones we use on runetools) every mob drops 1 of 5 types of soul fragments in a similar way to how nodes will drop 1 of 5 different resources. So you would kill Urgu in order to obtain Soul Fragment A, hellcats to obtain Soul Fragment B, etc. The rarity level would depend on the mob rank, just like harvesting nodes. In order to craft a soul you would need to use the right combination similar to metal , leather, or planks.

For example:

(common)Soul A + (common)Soul A + (common)Soul B = (common)Soul of the Knife Grinder

(rare)Soul A + (uncommon)Soul A + (uncommon)Soul B = (chance of either uncommon or rare)Soul of the Knife Grinder

 

Mob Bosses would be your best bet for legendary souls and they would also drop discipline additives which you could add to your discipline to add/increase a stat. This brings up a second change, disciplines when crafted should be able to be experimented. If I am not mistaken I know discplines of different rairties will have different stat/combo effects, but when crafting disciplines the same as when crafting anything else you should be able to change the stats it provides with each rarity level having a higher baseline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see purples and legendary Disciplines require and item from high level group mobs and legendary a large scale boss drop.

So like for ur example group mobs drop an epic soul and combinding 3 rare disapline and this purple soul will make a purple discapline

and large scale boss mobs drop legendary souls that combined with 3 epic ones to get the legendary discipline.

Removed RNG out of drops so any of the soul can be used for any disaplines so you wont get stuck with farming mobs constantly and getting unlucky with the drops.


Veeshan Midst of UXA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, veeshan said:

I would like to see purples and legendary Disciplines require and item from high level group mobs and legendary a large scale boss drop.

For common discs on common vessels, I like the vendor system. I think players should be able to dabble with builds to see what they like, and do it without a load of pain. Getting into the game and finding your niche should be easy.

I don't think common discs purchased with gold from vendors should be combined to make higher quality discs. If you can chop knot for the gold to buy 625 discs rather than get out there and hunt for it... We know where that ends.

I'd like to see the disc merge system exclude merging commons into greens.

I don't think the minor system from wartribes is bad. There is some randomness within each of the tribes, but even the colored discs are reasonably common for something that will be permanent. Getting to a rare quality minor would mean you need to find 5 of the greens. I don't think that's too much to expect.

For the majors I hope that they keep to the plan of Thralls; one dedicated mob on a fixed respawn for each of the major disc souls. For a rare vessel, you'd only need to kill it once and you're set.

I like harvest discs as they are, with the above note about no merging of commons. Get a tool with a soul gem, go do your job, and the souls you want will appear.

The crafting majors could either follow the Thrall system with a dedicated mob dropper or the harvest system; if an ore miner finds a BS spirit he knows who wants it, and it's in his interest to make it available.

Edited by VaMei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VaMei said:

For common discs on common vessels, I like the vendor system. I think players should be able to dabble with builds to see what they like, and do it without a load of pain. Getting into the game and finding your niche should be easy.

I don't think common discs purchased with gold from vendors should be combined to make higher quality discs. If you can chop knot for the gold to buy 625 discs rather than get out there and hunt for it... We know where that ends.

I'd like to see the disc merge system exclude merging commons into greens.

I don't think the minor system from wartribes is bad. There is some randomness within each of the tribes, but even the colored discs are reasonably common for something that will be permanent. Getting to a rare quality minor would mean you need to find 5 of the greens. I don't think that's too much to expect.

For the majors I hope that they keep to the plan of Thralls; one dedicated mob on a fixed respawn for each of the major disc souls. For a rare vessel, you'd only need to kill it once and you're set.

I like harvest discs as they are, with the above note about no merging of commons. Get a tool with a soul gem, go do your job, and the souls you want will appear.

The crafting majors could either follow the Thrall system with a dedicated mob dropper or the harvest system; if an ore miner finds a BS spirit he knows who wants it, and it's in his interest to make it available.

I'm very against RNG gated farming of disciplines, if there are specific mobs that always drop the same discipline, that you could then further upgrade (or drop as a high quality to start with), sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scarce unique mobs that always drop specific disciplines or bust.

I don't want RNG disc drops, and I don't want to just farm a bunch of crap to make runes. They should be special.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jah said:

Scarce unique mobs that always drop specific disciplines or bust.

I don't want RNG disc drops, and I don't want to just farm a bunch of crap to make runes. They should be special.

TBH im all for named mob spawns where any mobs in a camp can be a place holder for a named one that drops x rune that way there reason to farm camps instead of waiting for a timed spawn or running from camp to camp checking for them if there up..


Veeshan Midst of UXA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...