Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Samulus

Leveling Changes

Recommended Posts

@thomasblair and @jtoddcoleman

I've been a negative Nancy for a few months, so I feel that I have to come in and say that the leveling experience feels MUCH better, both due to the magic items that are available and the experience given per monster now. Four of us leveled a white vessel to at least level 25 within 2-3 hours last night, and we had a blast doing so. 

Now I obviously haven't tried leveling anything higher than the base vessel, but I feel like leveling went a little fast with the excess of sacrifice-able items available. This is probably OK to balance out higher level vessels, but I have not tested yet. I didn't mind the slog on a purple vessel before (before wartribes anyway) so any improvement will be welcome. I know Blair stated they changed the curve on that as well so it will be good to experience. 

Constructive criticism: (and it may just be me, everyone else can weigh in below hopefully) I can tell that they tuned the HP down on Mobs a LOT, probably too much. I've only killed level 8's so far, but if 10's have predictably comparable HP then they should be fairly trivial to deal with. Trivial may be the goal though... I definitely can appreciate the change of pace for now.


KUDOS!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Samulus said:

I've only killed level 8's so far, but if 10's have predictably comparable HP then they should be fairly trivial to deal with.

When the 5.100 test CW was up, I was mowing R8 elites like grass solo, and the captains were a pretty trivial fight.

When it came to the R10s, the line of cairns leading to the mobs was the 1st clue that this was going to be something else. 1v1, the R10 elites weren't hard, but they don't often travel alone. When your dealing with 3 by youself, and that ranger leaps into another pack and agro's them too, it's time to be thinking about an exit strategy.

No idea what the R10 group & raid bosses are like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leveling feels good now. They said in Q&A that the penalty for higher quality vessels will just be the XP required; the 'curve' itself is the same.

 

So if it took 3 hours to hit 30 on a white, it will take you around 15 hours to level on an Epic. That's probably not too short of a time to level, and probably not too long either, maybe a bit.

Remember this is a PvP game, we want to be out there fighting and not grinding all day. The XP curve feels good and I expect it to still feel pretty good once people are churning out the blue and epic vessels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phr00t said:

Leveling feels good now. They said in Q&A that the penalty for higher quality vessels will just be the XP required; the 'curve' itself is the same.

 

So if it took 3 hours to hit 30 on a white, it will take you around 15 hours to level on an Epic. That's probably not too short of a time to level, and probably not too long either, maybe a bit.

Remember this is a PvP game, we want to be out there fighting and not grinding all day. The XP curve feels good and I expect it to still feel pretty good once people are churning out the blue and epic vessels.

Yeah, for sure. I quote myself from last night, said to my buddies as I was logging off to go to bed:

"Level 27, all greens, 2.5 hours. Will have better gear after a little farming, but I am readier to PvP now than I was at any point in January through March this year... and I haven't crafted anything yet." 

I.E. there is power to be obtained with some effort now, but it's not required for me to feel competitive at baseline. That is a great feeling. We'll see where the "new baseline" falls, but I think they've gotten this mostly right so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VaMei said:

When the 5.100 test CW was up, I was mowing R8 elites like grass solo, and the captains were a pretty trivial fight.

When it came to the R10s, the line of cairns leading to the mobs was the 1st clue that this was going to be something else. 1v1, the R10 elites weren't hard, but they don't often travel alone. When your dealing with 3 by youself, and that ranger leaps into another pack and agro's them too, it's time to be thinking about an exit strategy.

No idea what the R10 group & raid bosses are like.

It may be just me, but I would much rather they "balance" the mobs as glass cannons, than tanks. 

So if your skilled, and manage your CC with them, they go over pretty easy, but if your sloppy or make a mistake, they beat the crap out of you FAST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

So if your skilled, and manage your CC with them, they go over pretty easy, but if your sloppy or make a mistake, they beat the crap out of you FAST.

Hell yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

It may be just me, but I would much rather they "balance" the mobs as glass cannons, than tanks. 

So if your skilled, and manage your CC with them, they go over pretty easy, but if your sloppy or make a mistake, they beat the crap out of you FAST.

I think I agree, now that you mention it. The way they have the wartribe camps tuned now is both rewarding for solo toons and groups, ESPECIALLY now that armor and weapons are dropping; for the first time ever we're looking at full inventories after an hour of killing in PvE, and that's going to hit a solo or group at about the same rate. 

I definitely enjoy this more than the brutal TTK from before.

Edited by Samulus
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...