Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Enforcer

Regarding Looting in Neutral Areas

Posted (edited)

Many of us understand the concept of PvPvE and PvE gameplay, while many others do not. With the many changes brought about with the recent wipe, it may be a viable consideration to develop and implement a mechanism that prevents players of the same faction from looting NPC corpses of which they do not own.

Given how experience gain works at the moment, if you are not the first person to "tag" a mob, you do not yield experience from it. This mechanic alone indicates a form of ownership, so with that being noted... the same suit should follow for loot. The environment that it has begun to create is found to be a bit toxic, and one of which many people are incapable of handling appropriately.

As this is not really a big concern personally, I have not voiced an opinion about it. But after a recent engagement pushed players (not myself or of my own) to the extent of false proclamations of being a developer, tied to a developer, or performing such action on behalf of a developer as a means to an ends or righteous justification for what was at the time viewed as an "exploit", this quite possibly can become the situation that gets out of control and leaves a foul taste in many peoples mouths.

Food for thought! Let the flaming begin 😉

Edited by Enforcer

e11pNDVOxS.png?width=550&height=100&sele

Co-Founder and Managing Director of |BAD| Better After Dark

Better After Dark Website          <>          Better After Dark Discord

33 minutes ago, Enforcer said:

As an esteemed member of associations with affiliations of which I am not permitted to mention here, might I make a request?

why mention it at all then

No just no. 

While it is annoying, especially since we all have to share in carebear land, it’s a part of the game. Player conflict is the name of the game. Even if it is within your faction. 

I’d much rather see a flagging system that allows you to murder your own faction members and take a temp debuff that makes the guards/players of your own faction can/will attack you. 

The Dregs does solve this. But Dregs doesn't solve it in Faction campaigns or God's Reach. Dregs only solves it in Dregs campaigns.

IhhQKY6.gif

2 hours ago, Jah said:

The Dregs does solve this. But Dregs doesn't solve it in Faction campaigns or God's Reach. Dregs only solves it in Dregs campaigns.

I think we all know faction and gods reach will be dead after dregs opens. Still cannot fathom why they wasted time with factions and gods reach. Todd vocalized their mistake during last stream, so that's a good sign going forward.

Originally when you harvested nodes and the doobers flew out, anyone could pick them up. So of course players were griefing factionmates by following them around and picking up doobers - especially funny when a stealther was doing it 😆  So ACE added party-only for doober pickup. They'll fix the looting with some system too - ideally GR, faction, and Dregs would have a system that fits that ruleset.

tiPrpwh.png

4 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I think we all know faction and gods reach will be dead after dregs opens. Still cannot fathom why they wasted time with factions and gods reach. Todd vocalized their mistake during last stream, so that's a good sign going forward.

I do think the Dregs is the main draw of Crowfall, but I will be surprised if God's Reach and Factions don't end up filling exactly the role they are designed for-- a place for new players, people who have not yet joined a guild, and people who don't want to join a guild. One of the drawbacks of a hardcore pvp sandbox mmo is the steep learning curve and barrier to entry. God's Reach and Factions are there to address that issue.

What mistake did Todd mention in the last stream?

IhhQKY6.gif

15 hours ago, Jah said:

I do think the Dregs is the main draw of Crowfall, but I will be surprised if God's Reach and Factions don't end up filling exactly the role they are designed for-- a place for new players, people who have not yet joined a guild, and people who don't want to join a guild. One of the drawbacks of a hardcore pvp sandbox mmo is the steep learning curve and barrier to entry. God's Reach and Factions are there to address that issue.

What mistake did Todd mention in the last stream?

Yeah I think GR and Factions are a good stepping stone, though ofc for most of us no-lifes who have been around a while it's not what we really want to do in the long-term...

As for the "mistake" it's at 1hr 1min into the Livestream VoD on the Twitch channel (~5 minutes before the end), he takes about 50 seconds to actually mention it but hey, context! JTodd muses over whether doing Dregs before Factions might've been better, and how on some days he wishes he could've done Dregs first.

:^)

Better version of this idea:

Just give anyone who hits the mob (or their group) XP.

There, now there's no concept of "owning" a mob.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

On 7/25/2019 at 5:42 AM, oneply said:

No just no. 

While it is annoying, especially since we all have to share in carebear land, it’s a part of the game. Player conflict is the name of the game. Even if it is within your faction. 

I’d much rather see a flagging system that allows you to murder your own faction members and take a temp debuff that makes the guards/players of your own faction can/will attack you. 

YES!!! just yes.

the problem with the current loot mechanic is that people are trolling. I had a guy yesterday follow me around when I tagged a group of three and started working on the elite he would quickly loot it before I could and take the elite mobs loot. I asked him nicely first and that just made him focus on getting a hit on the mob to try and loot it before me. I even left the area, he found me and started doing it again.

People are catching on soo much to this that I no longer pull mobs if any one is in sight. I have seen people run across a field cuz they see me fighting two elites to get a tag on the mob to take the loot. So what I have learned? is that most people will take advantage of an exploit if they can and this particular exploit really is annoying.

7 hours ago, bignick22000 said:

YES!!! just yes.

the problem with the current loot mechanic is that people are trolling. I had a guy yesterday follow me around when I tagged a group of three and started working on the elite he would quickly loot it before I could and take the elite mobs loot. I asked him nicely first and that just made him focus on getting a hit on the mob to try and loot it before me. I even left the area, he found me and started doing it again.

People are catching on soo much to this that I no longer pull mobs if any one is in sight. I have seen people run across a field cuz they see me fighting two elites to get a tag on the mob to take the loot. So what I have learned? is that most people will take advantage of an exploit if they can and this particular exploit really is annoying.

Technically they don’t even need to touch it to loot it. And it’s not a new thing it’s always been there.

There are individuals known to ninja loot, try to steal your nodes (the ones you’re currently hitting), and train mobs on to you intentionally. The dregs carrot only addresses the people playing in those campaigns.