Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
binny45

So far after the last patch - my thoughts

Ok, now for those that know me, I've been pretty critical of this game during the last few months.

I've been snarky and outright mad.

I will say this.

The last patch is definitely a step in the right direction.

Granted, it's not perfect but it definitely fixes many things.

Leveling is possible again! I feel like I can actually go out and fight, gear up, and take part.

I like the mob drops! They can get new players geared up and ready to go quite quickly.  Being able to amass the gold you

need to purchase what you can't get off drops makes the game much more accessible.

For those that like the more advanced options through harvesting and crafting, those are there for you to perfect your playing experience.

For the newbies, they don't have to wallow around in the mud anymore, armed with only a basic, rusty weapon that almost surely spelled doom 

when attempting to kill anything other than an R1 spider or pack pig.

The cows no longer to kung fu! This was a big one for me! 

Some performance issues are there. Zones take a while to load, and there seems to be some sort of delay when harvesting, but these are things

that can be tweaked in the coming days and weeks.

Overall I'm happy with this patch. It gives people a reason to play again as minor disciplines are more readily available and gear is more plentiful.

While I'm still waiting for this world to feel more like a "living, breathing world", I'm still going to give this one a thumbs up.

One thing I will say that could use tweaking is death.  While I agree it needs to sting, going back to the temple to get your body back is a bit much. At least have the statues in the zone you died in.  I figure that's a pain in the butt enough. Just a thought.

3 hours ago, binny45 said:

One thing I will say that could use tweaking is death.  While I agree it needs to sting, going back to the temple to get your body back is a bit much. At least have the statues in the zone you died in.  I figure that's a pain in the butt enough. Just a thought.

That's usually how they are in Campaign, this GR map is a bit strange

There were outposts you could capture in each zone that gave you a statue to respawn at as well as forts so a Respawn point will be available everywhere you want to go as long as you take it.

6 hours ago, binny45 said:

Ok, now for those that know me, I've been pretty critical of this game during the last few months.

Being critical of poor quality is a good thing. 

3 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Being critical of poor quality is a good thing. 

I know I know, but I feel I should balance the criticism with praise when deserved. I honestly didn't think things would improve this fast. Hopefully it's a trend.

11 hours ago, binny45 said:

While I'm still waiting for this world to feel more like a "living, breathing world", I'm still going to give this one a thumbs up.

Not sure how they will ever do that. They've mentioned added in more ruins or areas that look a bit different, but there is lack of variety in the world/parcels. With the maps being made randomly, won't have the same feel of going from area to area with things changing a lot or NPCs/towns and other such things filling in the empty space.

They've added a lot from the start to now and to me it still feels/looks about the same, but now there is more of the same.

Maybe with more biomes, more mob types, more unique parcels, etc it will become more "living" but doubt it will come near what other games have.

2 hours ago, APE said:

Not sure how they will ever do that. They've mentioned added in more ruins or areas that look a bit different, but there is lack of variety in the world/parcels. With the maps being made randomly, won't have the same feel of going from area to area with things changing a lot or NPCs/towns and other such things filling in the empty space.

They've added a lot from the start to now and to me it still feels/looks about the same, but now there is more of the same.

Maybe with more biomes, more mob types, more unique parcels, etc it will become more "living" but doubt it will come near what other games have.

Need more biomes and risk/reward when peopel get attack and they just bank everything instead of fighting to live is a bit of a shame atm. small scale pvp stuff is relativly non exsistant with the bank anywhere buisness. 

Veeshan Midst of UXA

9 hours ago, veeshan said:

Need more biomes and risk/reward when peopel get attack and they just bank everything instead of fighting to live is a bit of a shame atm. small scale pvp stuff is relativly non exsistant with the bank anywhere buisness. 

I'm sure they'll tighten this up during campaigns. Godsreach was never about PVP.

Posted (edited)
On 7/25/2019 at 11:25 AM, binny45 said:

Its supposed to sting because you're operating in "enemy territory"

In a campaign you can rez at forts, keeps, and certain outposts (If that's implemented, I'm not sure, haven't died yet) that your faction owns.

In GR the only reason you're going to die is NPCs, which is like once in a blue moon, but they could probably stand to sprinkle a few more res spots out there.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"