Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrusaderW

5v5 tournament on sunday?!?

Posted (edited)

Dear Community,

I was thinking to put together a little 5v5 tournament on sunday, if we have a couple of teams that would participate.

Let me know if you would join at this point.

If we have at least 4 teams, we go through with it...

To register I need the following information as a post in this thread until Sunday (28.07.2019) 7pm CEST/12pm CDT

- Team name.

- Character name of all 5 team members (last minute replacements allowed for practical reasons)

The rules:

- There will be a group round: 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 for a loose. (duration of matches will depend on the number of registrations)

- We will finish with a k.o. round with at least 4 matches semi-finals 1st vs. 3rd of group-round and 2nd vs 4th of group-round.

- ONLY WHITE vessels (changed) and all items allowed (due to practical reasons - no idea how to check this effectively)

- Show up before Sunday (28.07.2019) 9pm CEST/2pm CDT

- Register before Sunday (28.07.2019)

(Did I miss anything?)

Check out the Arena: https://prnt.sc/ok5nz5

The prices will be my utmost respect and a place in the hall of fame on the upcoming crowfall.crusaderw.com Homepage.

Edited by CrusaderW
Added Arena Screenshot, 2nd edit: add rules and conditions

People will likely want a chance to gear up.  You could do a nekkid tourney with basic weapons but those fights are a bit stale.  

I could definitely have a team ready.

Any rules or rewards?

48 minutes ago, Ble said:

Same.  Cooking for about 50 people on Sunday... I’ll be a tad busy :)

I don’t envy that.  Not only do I not like 50 people I couldn’t imagine cooking for that many people if I liked that many people. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

11 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I don’t envy that.  Not only do I not like 50 people I couldn’t imagine cooking for that many people if I liked that many people. 

I happen to love it.  It's my hobby.  I'm not cooking a plated meal tho, just party foods.  I am frying 150 eggrolls 😃  I'm doing it in a turkey fryer though so I can do about 20 at a time.

If you dont get enough people for it, for whatever reason you could always do it like a pickup game of basketball and have a couple captains that invite people into a group of 5 and do random 5v5s

1 minute ago, CrusaderW said:

Little change: White Vessels only!

This cannot possibly be regulated. Please don't make this a rule. People will just complain about colored vessels when they lose even if there are none.

21 hours ago, Balathan said:

This cannot possibly be regulated. Please don't make this a rule. People will just complain about colored vessels when they lose even if there are none.

I know it can't be regulated, but since most people have white vessels I count on people being fair and giving thos early vessel upgraders a legitimate advantage was not the right call IMO. The major point is having fun and showing the people how much fun Crowfall PvP is!

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Balathan said:

I agree with Crusader on this. If we are to run a successful tournament then the only way to get even close to regulations would be to at least state that nothing higher than a white vessel can be used. (This is because we are Pre-Campaign) In this way when newer players join it will limit how overwhelmed one can feel and in doing so it will help prepare a new generation with PVP knowledge. This is what I'd argue is part of our responsibility as players that were here before them.

Edited by Malekai

whUNELD.png

➲ Website: https://houseofcrow.weebly.com/ ➲ Discord: https://discord.gg/Pqt3twY

"OH, HOW THE MIGHTY CROW FORTELLETH THE PERIL OF OTHERS!" - Malekai 2019

House Avari will be attending the event on Sunday.

Roster with substitutions:

Soulein, Sanna, Dedolin, Darivaster, Balathan, Nuk, Tyrannicall, Medicaid

So we will have an unofficial tournament for fun - everybody is welcome to join, learn, train and have fun.

It will be in the EK "CrusaderW"