Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ble

Minor Removals and Race Availability

So recently you guys removed many of the "good" minors.  You stated you were doing this promote race availability.  I think you have accomplished the opposite for non combat and overestimated those items effects for combat.

For crafters and harvesters, you need to choose between whether you want two necks or two rings, and then you pick accordingly.  You are now ignoring racial crafting bonuses so that you can go double necks.

For combat, nothing much has changed since you have baked in the capstone, its as if everyone has demons pact innately now.   People are still choosing the race they want to play based off of stat weights, racial abilities etc, just as they were.

The reason that those were the most common minors is that most of your minors are ABSOLUTE TRASH, especially for healers.

For my blue druid, I have sturdy equipped and two empty slots.  I could put elven eyes or AoF in there, but that's just because the slots are empty, not because I actually want to use those minors.

So yeah, not having those in the game might have been the right move, but not until you are also updating your list of minors. 

The only real change coming from this minor change, as far as race diversification, that this change to minors has caused is that harvesters and crafters are more-so dumped into two races.

13 minutes ago, Ble said:

The reason that those were the most common minors is that most of your minors are ABSOLUTE TRASH, especially for healers.

Adding to this is that demons pact and the extra ring/ammy minors did not require a passive, only a minor rune spot. Everyone had 4 passives with racial bonus or demons pact. Now you still have 4 effective passives because of the cap stone change and you just end up not slotting all 3 minor runes. My current character is a Nethari and I am only using 1 of my 3 minor rune slots because I have all 4 of my passive slots filled and there simply are not any other minors that do not require an open passive slot. There are mabye 3 options? 2 of them grant an extra abiltiy, neither are better than any ability I am already using. One of them lets me see name plates from farther away? 

aeei5jG.png

47 minutes ago, Ble said:

ABSOLUTE TRASH

+1 @jtoddcoleman likes such feedback.

Another example me playing Archer: I have Sharpshooter and DPS talents (building archer as glass cannon). Sharpshooter passive gives +10% dps when I am 30m away from enemies (quite easy to maintain), Talent gives +10% ranged damage passive with no requirements. Now I have 1 passive slot left. And three minor runes slots. So lets say I use Pound of Flesh as final passive, and Elven Eyes because it is good on ranger. But I can't put anything into 3rd minor rune slot. I can't make use of it at all. It is just empty. Why? Because none of minor runes can give me more than 10% efficiency as major rune or talent do. The best passives Resolution/Furios give me the same 10% efficiency (And I can't use them on Ranger anyway). Sturdy is theoretically 30%*0.2 = 6% efficiency (scales with group support though). The rest minors are just whatever. I don't even look at them.

Posted (edited)

Discs in general need a polish pass. I'm sure they will get there eventually, but I wouldn't hold my breath while waiting.

Edited by Zatch

you dont have to have 3 minors though, because at some point we'll be equipping major disciplines and we'll need to use pts to select which skills we want from it. so talent points will need to be used wisely. 

but... most minors are trash thats definitely a true statement