Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Regarding God's Reach graveyards

We've heard concerns from testers about the removal of graveyards from God's Reach a short time after The Fortunes of War was deployed to LIVE. Here's an explanation of what happened and the aftermath. 

It's not an intended gameplay design for graveyards to be available in God's Reach (GR). There are many factors for that decision, the chief among them being that the purpose of God's Reach is to be a new player/character area where young Crows enter the world, get their beaks wet and then fly off to bigger and better things in campaign worlds and trials. We don't want those young Crows getting too comfortable and settling into GR forever so we limit what's available there, such as the intentional absence of graveyards. 

It was an innocent mistake that caused graveyards to be included in GR when Fortunes came up on Monday. When we became aware of it, the decision was made to remove them in the patch that was about to be released. Our investigation showed that the number of  body parts that were farmed and, consequently, vessels created did not warrant a wipe as there's not enough to turn the tide in the upcoming trail. 

Developing and testing a game is as much about processes as it is about game design and programming. To that end, we've identified how this happened and what we need to do to prevent it (or something similar) from happening again. 

This isn't the first time something went sideways, and it won't be the last. It's part of making games (one of the painful parts). Our continued pledge to our community is to always do our best to continually review and refine our processes, to carefully take all angles into consideration when addressing issues as they arise and to keep you informed about what happened, how we fixed it and what we learned from it. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I definitely agree with this choice. Growing fat and happy on the safer server to then move into the harsh realities of the campaign doesn't make much sense. I like the feel of gods reach. Reminds me a lot of the newbie islands in SB

I think of gravedigging and necromancy as "advanced" activities, and upgrading vessels really shouldn't be part of the NPE. Makes sense to remove the GYs from God's Reach both from lore and gameplay perspective. The timing was awkward (lessons to be learned), but agree with the decision.

tiPrpwh.png

Posted (edited)

That’s fine, but get rid of campaign level requirements then, or at least make sure they don’t impact non starter vessels. I can’t farm a blue body in Godsreach but I have to level it to 20 there after I make it in the campaign? 

Also probably don’t advertise that we can go start prepping in GR when you really mean we can level a white body in two hours then take the week of til the campaign.

Another weird side effect of tacking on leveling to a game that was clearer not really designed around it. Just another silly hoop and complexity to support wasting time.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

Crafted vessels should be immune to the level requirement for Campaigns.

Or the level requirement should be account-based. So long as you have a level 20 vessel already, you can enter a campaign with a new level 1 vessel.

IhhQKY6.gif

25 minutes ago, SaSaLe said:

So, we make vessel in campaign, use the expert token for it, level than the better vessel in gods reach until lvl 20 (hehe) and then enter campaign ?

iq300.

It would be nice if they would make it so that the vessel could be in your campaign bank and not use a token to create it. No idea if it works like that. 

Personaly feel that yes the GY shouldnt in in gods reach but however once they were ccidently added to it they should of remained there so some quicker players couldnt be the only one to get a leg up before the campiagn started which some have. You should of left the GY in until the campiang began then remake the Godsreach without the GY that way everyone would of had a chance to be on the same level field when the campaign starts this is no longer the case where a few guilds/players will have a rather decent leg up having max level blue combat and crafters before the gates even open for the campaign.

Having max level crafting vessels before the campaign starts in a guild is a multiplying affect where they  can get the best blue gear due to stat differences between white and blue vessels for their entire guild.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)

@Pann

I would also highly recommend that the only motherloads available in a gods reach be rank 2-3, so you cannot farm blues in GR.

Additionally, I would highly recommend that the Wartribes have only Captain's as their bosses, no King's and such.  I don't think its right to be able to access blue weapons in GR.

As GR sits right now, I fully expect most Chaos guilds to be farming in GR.  Especially for minerals, since any color works for Ambrosia.

Edited by Ble

So this is pre alpha testing, the rewards for the campaigns are the SAME for everyone with just a color difference.   There is no reason to throw away anybody's testing time to yet another wipe over the limited availability of some graves.

This constant grinding up so we can test again is getting tedious and should be limited at all costs. 

4 hours ago, rutaq said:

So this is pre alpha testing, the rewards for the campaigns are the SAME for everyone with just a color difference.   There is no reason to throw away anybody's testing time to yet another wipe over the limited availability of some graves.

This constant grinding up so we can test again is getting tedious and should be limited at all costs. 

you are literally in an ALPHA testing, it could be a daily wipe for that matter. we are blessed to have AC attempt to give us as complete a game as possible to play. With every grind and wipe they learn something

uDaTTsig_zpsdyyatdq1.png

6 minutes ago, gracen said:

you are literally in an ALPHA testing, it could be a daily wipe for that matter. we are blessed to have AC attempt to give us as complete a game as possible to play. With every grind and wipe they learn something

So AC Blessed the first God Reach with limited availability graveyards to learn something  :)    and they also Blessed us by ignoring the thin skinned complaints and deciding to not wipe again.

Keep the faith, all praise the Holy Father JTC.   

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Ble said:

As GR sits right now, I fully expect most Chaos guilds to be farming in GR.  Especially for minerals, since any color works for Ambrosia.

I know W stocked up on bodies, I saw them in the graveyards first night. And from comments made in other places sounds like clams did as well. Did HoA not act fast enough? That why you gotta throw shade?

Edited by oneply
And I complained with the first test patch the the R6-8 zone should not even exist

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, oneply said:

I know W stocked up on bodies, I saw them in the graveyards first night. And from comments made in other places sounds like clams did as well. Did HoA not act fast enough? That why you gotta throw shade.

Yepp we totally missed the ball. 100% dont have any blue bodies. Easy targets come CW please come find us.

Edited by Tyrannicall

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oneply said:

I know W stocked up on bodies, I saw them in the graveyards first night. And from comments made in other places sounds like clams did as well. Did HoA not act fast enough? That why you gotta throw shade?

That comment was in reference to when a CW is live.  Not at this point.  Chaos will leave the CW and go hide on GR to farm even though it will provide less quality.  

I’m basing this off of previous experience with Chaos hiding on EU and continually doing everything they can to avoid a fight.  Giving them minerals, gems, bodies and purple and blue materials without threat of PvP is not good.  I make a montage out of it, you’ll be famous.

Edited by Ble

lol

The hypocrisy is amusing as always. 

2 hours ago, Ble said:

That comment was in reference to when a CW is live.  Not at this point.  Chaos will leave the CW and go hide on GR to farm even though it will provide less quality.  

I’m basing this off of previous experience with Chaos hiding on EU and continually doing everything they can to avoid a fight.  Giving them minerals, gems, bodies and purple and blue materials without threat of PvP is not good.  I make a montage out of it, you’ll be famous.

Posted (edited)

We can all guess (know) who will have a ton of "crafted vessels" to kick off the campaign with. When a certain "Faction"  rolls out with "vesseled crafters" and stacked toons, we'll all just have to play catch up. GG ACE!

Edited by Armegeddon

A mistake or not, there are those that have pounded this "mistake" 24/7 and will have a jump come campaign time. Not just wiping it to put everyone on an even playing field just once again panders to certain groups. This is becoming apparent. guess ill wait for the next wipe when its even again and not once agianadvantagefall.

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."