Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Regarding God's Reach graveyards

Recommended Posts

of course not tested and just imagination...

if the upcoming campaign will be R9+ (like it is on TEST now), the step to craft epic vessels out of a common vessel will be huge and the first "upgrade" outcome might be just crappy. so i hope there will be lower ranked graves for those who haven´t been fast enough!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the base white vessel vs. a crafted blue vessel from this round of GR. This vessel was made by a blue Necro with full training/buffs/consumables wearing blue crafting gear made by blue vesseled crafters. The vessel also has additives. They are the same exact race / class / runes /stat allocation / talent point allocation / passive training / equipped gear and in combat stance.

BiTZglm.png

 

424 HP Increase

9% Increase in Crit damage

89.5 more AP

2.8% Increase in damage

4.5% Increase in Crit Chance

Those are pretty nice bonuses. I won't argue here how big of a deal they are because I happen to have them, but here are the raw numbers.


aeei5jG.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ble said:

But but the myth behind why we lose is predicated on huge disparities between vessel quality... I cannot accept your facts, they do not fit my narrative.

going into a campaign behind one side put you at a disadvantage that then scales since they now have to do it in the campaign world and have to watch there back from people who got there vessel before they removed them. Not to mention crafted gear will be better from those who made crafting vessels compared to those who couldnt so thats another thing there behind on, now there behind on vessels quality. Equipment quality and now we have levels in there aswell because they cant pre level there blue vessels thats another thing they gotta do during a campaign where the guild who did get all that done in fthe first day of gods reach before they removed it.
The problem with being behind on vessels is a vessel affects every single aspect of the production line, faster resource gathering, better crafted gear, better combat stats, less time consumed during live campaign leveling and recrafting all gear to be on par.
Vessel them selfs are a minor boost compared to white vessels that wont inheratily cause an instant loss but once you start piling on everything else it realy skews the side alot to one way. and the side who dont get that advanatage day one turns out ignoring objectives cause there not ready and focus on farming everything to catch up where the people who did get there god reach vessels can proceedure to scale faster to the later game due to having the stuff day one and being relatively safe harvesting since they have the advantage if jumped.


Veeshan Midst of UXA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Surelia said:

of course not tested and just imagination...

if the upcoming campaign will be R9+ (like it is on TEST now), the step to craft epic vessels out of a common vessel will be huge and the first "upgrade" outcome might be just crappy. so i hope there will be lower ranked graves for those who haven´t been fast enough!?

Very good point. A slight adjustment to R8+ would probably be the easiest fix. 

I very well don’t want to roll epic on every vessel I have planned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sloppy said:

Why do you taunt us Balance?

You were able to steamroll chaos at the end of last campaign.  Yay, congrats... IMO you zerged, had better characters, had better builds, had better crafters, and had better harvesters in very way!  If you split into 2 factions you would still finish #1 and #2.

Why do you guys think you won?

Was it numbers?

Was it the strategy where you all made 3 characters and had 1 for each keep fight, thus tripling your fire power?

Was it the need to win so badly you had to create spies in the other factions?

Maybe it's skill, or the fact you all put a lot of hours into the game!

But...

One final plea to balance

Grow the custard up and split into 2 factions, or all of chaos will join Balance this time around!!!  You guys are ruining the game!!!

You're delusional.

Balance was outnumbered by Chaos in the last campaign, yet still won the majority of battles. Chaos was taking Forts and Outposts at night, giving them a points advantage for most of the campaign.

However Chaos made several tactical blunders later on in the campaign by splitting their forces when attacking important objectives, and were not able to hold off a (smaller) attacking Balance force when Balanced flipped the Roetham keep. 

I can attest that Clams never had any alts placed at alternate Keeps, let alone at all 3. If (at most) 8 HoA/Winterblades players were turning the tides of Sieges by alts being placed strategically, then that's a bad look on Chaos. In fact, one singular Winterblades member fought back an attacking force with a single ballista. You're vastly over-estimating the numbers you were going against, which I guess is standard fare for you guys.

The only active players for the majority of the campaign from W were Jah, Katzeweiss, Brightdance, Xarrayne and (later) Darthbunbun, and from HoA were Ble, Sanna and maybe Tyrannical. Most times, Clams+HoA+W couldn't even fill up 3 groups of 5.

 

Why is it Balance's fault if their builds are better, is there something preventing Chaos from using the same builds?

Why is it Balance's fault if their crafters make better gear, or harvesters gather more materials? Is there something preventing chaos from making the same quality gear?
uXa has maxed crafters I'm sure, since they have been playing longer than Clams, and we have maxed crafters. 

And lastly, Chaos decided to kick the bear by using Order alts to reset the capture bonus of all the outposts they had been holding onto for the majority of the campaign. 
This was the only reason that more W and HoA logged in, to stop that exploitative behavior and to punish Chaos for it. It worked, but now Balance are the bad guys because they capitalized on Chaos' mistakes and poor tactical judgement?

OK BRO

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sloppy said:

 

Grow the custard up and split into 2 factions, or all of chaos will join Balance this time around!!!  You guys are ruining the game!!!

i dont think balance 1 and balance 2 is lore friendly

 unknown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did a thread about graveyards turn into this?

The last two campaigns on NA have been decided in the last third of the campaign. I think we've had some great fights. I think Chaos hasn't had the organization/gear and motivation to win a campaign, yet. Balance had us last campaign (#outplayed) , but we defiantly gave them a good run for their money.

I'm not making excuses or pointing fingers, I am making plans on how to improve. I think people need to chill out on the forums and focus on what they need to do, rather than complaining/arguing about the past. I mean that for both sides of the argument. Chaos, let's go. Balance, keep your ducks straight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Sloppy said:

One final plea to balance

Grow the custard up and split into 2 factions, or all of chaos will join Balance this time around!!!  You guys are ruining the game!!!

All of Chaos can’t organize enough to win a campaign where most of balance is playing another game but you’re going to threaten people?  Balance is three organized veteran guilds working together.  Chaos is a dozen guilds who are playing for themselves and losing because of it.  

There is some serious irony in accusing us of ruining the pre-alpha test cycle while threatening to also ruin the pre alpha test cycle if we don’t capitulate to your silly demands.

Organize Chaos and threaten us with a unified faction ready for war.   

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If they can get the 5-10 HoA on one faction and the 10-15 W on another faction, they might be able to roll us with 40.  I mean, nothing else has worked, Crem did an awesome job leading Chaos, but still no one fully committed under him... then there was exploitation of game mechanics many trials in a row, last of all its whining with ultimatums of sabotage.   We're ruining the game?  lewl...

Edited by Ble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@veeshan  Your new member Silenus claimed on the first night of Gods Reach to have farmed 250 graves per Crowfall Community Discord.  Seems like uXa should have plenty of body parts if they can organize their own members.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Happy to assist in helping uXa get their crafting organization started.  Best talk with Silenus to see if he will share his body part horde with his guildmates. 

See you on the Field. 

Edited by Angelmar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just want to ask one thing, but first, let me posit a few assumptions (obviously, my assumptions may be wrong so pay attention to those first and call me out if needed):

Assumptions:
1. God's Reach, ultimately, will be a place for noobs to gain their sea legs without all of the normal penalties or dangers of a campaign. 
2. God's Reach, secondarily, will also be a place for players between campaigns. 
3. God's Reach will not contain Graveyards in order to encourage players to join an active campaign and farm there. 
4. ACE is aware that they wiped gear/items/banks with this patch (of course they did, sounds ridiculous right?)

NOW!
Previously God's Reach was limited to rank 5 nodes and parcels. These were arranged in a random fashion just as every other map previously generated in CF was from the past 7 months. It effectively preserved the exploration portion of the game along with providing the safety of a supposed "Noob Island". That may or may not have been what ACE was intending, but it was consistent with prior applications. 

In the current iteration we are allowed up to level 8 parcels/nodes in a very accessible and predictable mapset; we have smaller maps that are not only limited in their level ranges, but labeled for our convenience. I would wager the majority of experienced players in the past week never bothered with entering into anything but the 6-8 zone once we figured out how easily things were tuned. 

What changed to warrant this re-ordering on God's Reach?
Well, the recent gear wipe. That is the only thing I can imagine that made them "up" the viability of farming in God's Reach. I would imagine rank 8 nodes are temporary things in God's Reach, right? I think including their availability was a legitimate strategy to keep players engaged (I haven't seen this many players on the server, considering the absence of sieges, in months) so they build their toons. If that was the goal, it was a good move. I know my group and I would've just waited for the campaign to start if we had been limited to rank 5 mobs and resource nodes.

My Question:
If ACE made these changes to the previously implemented version of God's Reach in order to accommodate players dealing with a fresh wipe, why WOULDN'T graveyards be subjected to the same standard as everything else, and thus be included?
I get that graveyards don't fit into the long-term view of God's Reach, I agree 100% on that... but Rank 8 parcels don't fit that vision either, right? Noobs should not be able to farm Rank 8 nodes and mobs and bosses without a little risk, right?

Why would ACE not remove Graveyards from God's Reach at the same time that parcels of any rank higher than 5 were removed? You have people farming the poorly made socks out of both in either setting. 
 

Edited by Samulus
a word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Samulus said:

I just want to ask one thing, but first, let me posit a few assumptions (obviously, my assumptions may be wrong so pay attention to those first and call me out if needed):

Assumptions:
1. God's Reach, ultimately, will be a place for noobs to gain their sea legs without all of the normal penalties or dangers of a campaign. 
2. God's Reach, secondarily, will also be a place for players between campaigns. 
3. God's Reach will not contain Graveyards in order to encourage players to join an active campaign and farm there. 
4. ACE is aware that they wiped gear/items/banks with this patch (of course they did, sounds ridiculous right?)

NOW!
Previously God's Reach was limited to rank 5 nodes and parcels. These were arranged in a random fashion just as every other map previously generated in CF was from the past 7 months. It effectively preserved the exploration portion of the game along with providing the safety of a supposed "Noob Island". That may or may not have been what ACE was intending, but it was consistent with prior applications. 

In the current iteration we are allowed up to level 8 parcels/nodes in a very accessible and predictable mapset; we have smaller maps that are not only limited in their level ranges, but labeled for our convenience. I would wager the majority of experienced players in the past week never bothered with entering into anything but the 6-8 zone once we figured out how easily things were tuned. 

What changed to warrant this re-ordering on God's Reach?
Well, the recent gear wipe. That is the only thing I can imagine that made them "up" the viability of farming in God's Reach. I would imagine rank 8 nodes are temporary things in God's Reach, right? I think including their availability was a legitimate strategy to keep players engaged (I haven't seen this many players on the server, considering the absence of sieges, in months) so they build their toons. If that was the goal, it was a good move. I know my group and I would've just waited for the campaign to start if we had been limited to rank 5 mobs and resource nodes.

My Question:
If ACE made these changes to the previously implemented version of God's Reach in order to accommodate players dealing with a fresh wipe, why WOULDN'T graveyards be subjected to the same standard as everything else, and thus included?
I get that graveyards don't fit into the long-term view of God's Reach, I agree 100% on that... but Rank 8 parcels don't fit that vision either, right? Noobs should not be able to farm Rank 8 nodes without a little risk, right?

Why would ACE not remove Graveyards from God's Reach at the same time that parcels of any rank higher than 5 were removed? You have people farming the poorly made socks out of both in either setting. 
 

That's crazy that they are allowing up to R8 resources for "noob island"..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ilogos said:

That's crazy that they are allowing up to R8 resources for "noob island"..

I think you summed up my entire post in one sentence lol... Thank you, because I have never had the gift of poignancy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Samulus said:

I get that graveyards don't fit into the long-term view of God's Reach, I agree 100% on that... but Rank 8 parcels don't fit that vision either, right?

AFAIK it's not possible currently for the designers to set different ranks for mobs and resource nodes - both are determined by the parcel. Eventually, they will add tech for this but in the current testing iteration they wanted the higher rank mobs so we can level in GR for the next Campaign (and so we got higher rank resource nodes also). 

Everyone should go on Balance, we can all work on our vessel upgrades together as a community 😂


tiPrpwh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...